Sign in to follow this  
Demesio

spec clutches

I just picked up stage 3 for my r154 setup, and I'm hearing complaints about them but no reviews. I got a really good deal and I had one on my w58 and loved it.. still running just fine in my brother's cressida

So whats up? Anybody here had any problems with reason enough for me to go buy a different one?

No, run it.

Let us know how soon the straps snap :(

It can be in miles, or launches.

I want to see the same carnage here, as I see on supraforums :)

Southbend suck aswell. My straps snapped on 3rd dyno pull. The sent me a replacement and same effect. Took it to a local peterbuilt shop and they put on some chunky ones that lasted for 6 years now

I know the owner of spec. I dont run spec clutches.

Never had issues with soundbend for 5 years. Confused as to where these bad southbend clutches come from. I've heard "reputable shop owners" talk shit about southbend yet have no proof to back up their claims.

Ehh well fuck it, part of having a cressida is that it wil sit broken longer than it will be used...I've seen enough to be 50/50 on it I plan on running in the high 400s anyways haven't seen much problems up until the 600+ area

That and my other one is still running strong on daily abuse from my brother.

I'll definitely keep gordo updated with millage, launches, and how many pieces I find after it explodes

BUMP,

Hey gordo, so the tally is 3K miles, ONE single drift event... cruising home last night it happened.

So here's to any other nubies that are curious..

download_20150329_191252%201_zpsowwdrwvx

download_20150329_191252_zpsnzvh1sjm.jpe

Looks like about how all the others did.

At least it didn't cut the bell housing in half, like I've seen some do.

Damn. Thats shitty. Sort of hate to say i told you so.

Why pay $350 for that mouse trap throw-out conversion ?

Just go to an american coaxial hydraulic throwout, like Rue & I did.

It takes just a little machine work (on mine), and gets rid of the 19th century arms, levers, springs bull shit.

I paid like $50 for mine, off from eBay, and spent $25 nore to put new seals in it.

DSC05586.jpg

I will rep clutchmasters forever. Cannot comprehend how they build clutches this good for the price. Mine have both been 400$, and both held over 400whp easily, and are rated for more. I have the 8 puck now and its super easy to drive.

Bully clutch is decent.

I had a centerforce dual friction that came apart nearly instantly.

You can hit up Kyle's thread, I just bought a exedy twin from RHD japan 1300 shipped to my door

I haven't looked since I received mine but, the clutch was already on sale and there was an extra 10% exedy code you had to enter. + yen was down hard.

Best time to buy haha

Sign in to follow this