Sign in to follow this  
TeckniX

jzx100 - 1JZGTE VVTi wiring bare minimum

I'm trying to figure out the bare minimum wiring needed to get this 1JZ VVTi running off the jzx100 ecu (89661-22790) spliced into the OEM ecu.

I've got this sheet with the current wiring setup:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cpEVmfAjzOJC8lv222NVwjEgKTAu4l8ZFxO9HQDKr0I/edit?usp=sharing

My XE10 ecu will be controlling the throttle, since the ETCS-i should adjust the throttle based on target RPM/idle and thus change TPS values, which the jzx100 will read (tapped) add/remove fuel based on that TPS+MAF value.

I'm not saying any of the above is correct, just trying to figure out why this pos wont run on the JZX100 ecu. (runs and idles well on stock ecu +EMU) - The ecu looks clean on the inside, but who knows that could be bad too.

The goal is to remove the EMU so that I can drive on stock mapping for a bit and then add the EMU back in when I start changing stuff around.

ps: a lot of the pins were confirmed also by looking at the EMU wiring, since they have the pinouts for the jzx100

You're missing igsw input to the 100 ecu. Don't need the mrel output, but do need igsw input iirc

Ps: I already posted all this stuff here

Pps. Don't be bringin your Lexus fag friends here

It's weird because on 90 ecus you can pull mrel and igsw from the ecu and tie em together in event of an internal failure in the ecu for this circuit, but I seem to remember having to add in igsw to the 100 ecu to get hkp's car to fire. I had initially left it out, but shit didn't run off the bat and I'm pretty sure I gave igsw 12v and it lit up.

I had some wierd shit in mine too, but i may have just mixed up mrel/igsw. Dont remember. Shit works awesome now though. Im in tacobell drive through blasting ac and listening to black flag. Fuck you non is300 having faggots.

I got IGSW from the xe10 ecu and kept the Batt and B+ I'll try to run that ish tomorrow and will post an update.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Looking at this MREL is an output - so probably just +b1 is needed

m-relwiring.png

Do I need:

* STA - Starter Signal (+12V maybe get it from +B/B1)

* S - Neutral Start Switch ( GND or 12v? )

Yes you should need STA so the ECU has voltage while you are cranking the starter . NSW neutral start switch is only needed if your car is auto or the ECU is auto than you would need to wire STA and NSW to the start signal . Connecting the STA NSW pins together fools the ECU to think it is in park or neutral .

I'm using the stock MAF, so shouldn't need to repin it - Car runs on OEM ecu + EMU. Just trying to get it on the 1JZ ecu. Probably fuxed somfin on the wires.

Thanks for the links, I'll double check everything again.

A big thanks to you mofos for allowing me to double/triple check my wiring. Once I got +B/B1+ wired up to get power, she fired up. I'm getting a ton of fuel dumped right now, which I think is the IS300 MAF throwing some voltage that the 1JZ vvti ecu doesn't like. I've got an LS400 MAF that I need to hookup, but at least I know it can run on that ecu.

Fuck-Yeah-meme.jpg

Sign in to follow this