Okidriftjr

jzz30 vs jzx90 ecu

Out of sheer curiosity I have been wondering if anyone knows if there are any mapping differences between these two ECU's.

I know about the physical connectors, but I want to know how they differ operationally if at all. Shit, axphero might be the only one that knows this, but I am opening it up to input.

I don't give a fuck about the auto vs manual bullshit. I am talking manual vs. manual leave the shift points out of the argument.

But im drunk a little, so maybe im wrong. Still good looking though. Always rake as fuck.

I've run both and noticed no difference. Same with vvti z30/jzx100. I've never tried to make them run the fuel pump ecu in an sc though so that might be one difference. But nothing as far as fueling or rev limit or seat of the pants feel to give an indication that one is more desireable than the other.

agreed. the only advantage i give the JZX90 ECU is packaging/plug orientation. it can be tucked above the glove box. sticking in a replacement JZZ30 didn't look like there was a chance getting it to fit in the same spot.

I'm just trying compile so more input.

One of our members has td me he ran a few different z30 ecu's and the engine limited out at 8400rpm. A different member thought the z30 ecu's were limited out at 7400 like mine is ( also z30). The same friend seems to think there might be a rev limiter difference between the two.

The x90 has a 16 bit processor , to me they sound different and I have not had to put caps in one yet although they are newer . I have not seen any difference in rev limit .