joooeone1

water/methanol injection on a 1jzgte vvti

hello every one i was wondering if there will be any problem using a water/methanol injection on a 1j vvti it if will interfere with the vvti dynamic? i get really crappy fuel here in mexico and crossing the border when ever i need gas will be a bitch and im almost ready to get my car tune but i will like to get it tune with the same crappy fuel that we have here in mexico so when ever i need fuel i wont have to cross the border

That's the most retarded question ever. Intake air temp is not a factor in cam control

But intake air temp does effect exhaust and cylinder temp which is what water meth helps fix.

Not sure what he means by crappy fuel ie watery or just low octane.

i mean not how the vvti works,i mena the dinamic that it does in the combustion chamber.....and yes its crappy octane

I have diesel friends that swear by water meth. They do it to drop the Egt's when the I/C wont cool down the intake temp enough during high boost.

I also have a former coworker with a Mk III derpra running a built 7mgte and he also runs water meth so he can run pump gas 96 oct rather than running race fuel c-16.

I really don't know if water meth will help with pre-detonation due to lack of normal quality 87 octane. The bigger question I would like to ask ya, is are you pinging when you run that crappy gas? Can you hear the knock?

yeah i can hear it its crazy haha

I don't think water meth will fix that issue.

You got a Pemex near you? There owned and regulated by the mexi government and will be a lot cleaner fuel then the independent gas stations. They all carry 93 octane.

I don't think water meth will fix that issue.

Yeah, if you are hearing it like crazy, you probably already have a few broken rings, and/or ring lands..........

Yeah we got pemex it's arround the corner but I'm sure it's not as good as American gas you get 91 and there pumping 87 or so.......and I only hear the knocking at 4800 rpms 190kpa aground 12 psi lower than that it's all good

The only thing you can do in that situation is run less boost.

This is a problem some NA guys have when adding a turbo kit to an NA engine. Our engines have lower compression so they can run some boost and still run on pump gas. If you'r gas quality is crappy, you can have pre-det. Octane boost really is not octane boost, it is just a bunch of shit to help eliminate pre-detention.

A quick google search or wiki search will explain this since I don't want to waste my time.

Water meth is really just a way to lower cylinder temps to save the valves and guides.

Sure, pre-det can be caused by high cylinder temps, but in you'r case, that's not why you are pinging.

I wanna see your shit run on cheap tequila. 500whp on some Pepe Pedro type shit.

lol/ You cant get US spec 92 oct? I mean any tuner worth his shit can tune for 12 psi even with like 14:1 CR. Get some decent gas.

kyle i will be tuning my car with piss im pretty sure is like runnig vp after a partying here in mexico......on a serious note no we dont have e85 here i could cross the border once a week in fill her up but im tired of wating in line sometimes you do 1,2 or 3 hours and well im really thinking of getting that water/meth injection kit its only 430 on egay plus i could add timing to have more torque and hp.........i remember when i use to work in sandiego and daily driving the x8 i allways used american gas never had a issue,but last xmas i rebuild the engine i shaved the head ported and polished to,so (shave head =more compression +crappy mexican fuel=pre detonation)solution is using the same crappy fuel but with the water/meth injection kit that way i wont have the necessity of crossing the border any time that i need to fill the gas tank.....

Dude. I'm telling you that water meth won't fix your symptoms!

You either need to drop compression, add more fule via mapping and or pressure, or lower your boost pressure.

Anything else would be a waste of money IMO.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong. I don't know everything.

First, you shouldn't be hearing knock with a Toyota ECU, as the knock sensor should be picking it up before you ever hear it, and dialing back the timing.

Second, if you are timing it to factory numbers, just back off a few degrees. Timing, compression, and fuel quality go hand in hand.

Third, are you sure you are not hearing something else, like piston slap, or crap mex fuel deposits on the chambers & pistons contacting each other ?

Really a silly problem, maybe you should be demoted to a supra forum.....

Gordo,

I don't think the MAP non vvti ecu's monitor knock.

Looking at my wiring diagram there is not a knock sensor input listed.

Strange......

But then again, Toyota dumped the 7M also :(

oki you're a fucking idiot. knk1 and knk2.

God damnit this stupid diagram doesn't show those.

Knock-knock

Who's there ?

Bro

Bro who ?

Bro kin rings !

OK, enough for the stupid 1960's jokes.........

I have a new HKS EGC that will dial timing back as boost comes up, all user defined.

If you by chance are trying to run off a NA ECU, this will roll the timing back as the boost increases.

I forgot to mention I'm using a stand alone A ms3x to be exact and no I haven't use toluene