Cyrious

Twin Charged JZ?

I am currently building a 2JZ FC just for the express purpose of showing the owner of that FC that what he did was not needed and stupid. I have learned now that I am extremely jaded when it comes to cars and so the only reason to build a car anymore is out of spite or to show someone they are stupid. I no longer get satisfaction out of telling people they are wrong, I just show them.

That is why I built my current X8. To show everyone that it is not that hard or expensive, you just have to be smart and know what you are doing. Most people think money and perpetual build threads will hide the fact that they have no fucking clue as to what they are doing and all of their knowledge is from the internet.

In the age of endless information and knowledge, wisdom will take hold as the rarest and most valuable commodity. I also really like blood orange san pellegrino's.

:D keep talking all those beautiful words and i will silently nod in approval while drinking my blood orange san pellegeino and vodka.

That is why I built my current X8. To show everyone that it is not that hard or expensive, you just have to be smart and know what you are doing. Most people think money and perpetual build threads will hide the fact that they have no fucking clue as to what they are doing and all of their knowledge is from the internet.

How I failed my X8.

I tend to do stupid things, rightfully knowing that it's stupid, just to piss people off.

Hence why I ever built a Cressida in the first place.

I'm gimping out.........

VGT / VNT is sweet. Holsets and I think borgs use a pretty simple system for it too where it can be modified to work with a wastegate actuator, or if someone could reverse engineer the CAN control you could control the stock actuator with AEM. Either way, once you can control it, being able to swing the hotside from 6cm closed to like 20cm open is awesome.

Most of those diesel trucks don't even need a wastegate when they run it, since swinging the exhaust housing all the way open is enough to keep the turbine from overspinning. On a car you might need a secondary wastegate to keep it in check. Tuning with CAN would be ideal because then you can swing the valve at any vacuum/boost pressure instead of just above a set threshold. Imagine being able to yank the turbine all the way open on the highway so the car doesn't build boost, then when you give it more than half throttle it snaps the housing shut and spools up nearly immediately, modulating the turbine actuator to maintain a certain boost, or even turbine speed until high RPM when you have to use the secondary wastegate.

This kind of tech is really exciting, I can't wait until we have a way of controlling the CAN actuators through aftermarket EMS. Especially considering since they make a VGT borg warner S300 frame turbo, you could replace the coldside with an S366 FMW and rape face. I want to see something like that on a 2JZ.