aphxero

gauging interest: panicwire x8 jz harnesses

hey fellas,

I'm just gauging interest here but, how many of you would be interested in 100% new plug and play harnesses for JZ x8? Pricing would be around $700. I could also do 1uz if there was an interest.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks,

If anybody wants to check on pricing with his competors you'll find at that price he is still almost $400 less for a new harness.

haha I dont know about that. I just look at my costs and try to be fair.

Also, I'm gathering materials to make pnp alternator extensions too. Now I know that would sell so expect it soon.

"gonna would be really nice"

What the fuck language is that ?

I just looked at Wiring Specialties to get a comparison. Almost all of their harnesses are $600 or less except the JZ harnesses which are $900. Is there something about JZ wiring that makes it that much more expensive?

2jz have those bulky ecu connectors, apparently they pretty damn expensive all on their own.

That's why the AEM EMS cost more...

That's what I was told...

thats part of it. Those things cost a lot. that and they have 6 of everything and some of the connectors are very costly. just the ignition plugs/pins are like $100. I'm gonna get more exact pricing together and make one. if it sells fast I'll make more.

I'm also gonna make mr2 to caldina which no one really does.

It'll probably look something like this:

x8harnessnew_zps498fc372.jpg

Right now I just need to make one and see what it costs. I'm not gonna charge $900 but I won't do it for minimum wage either ya know?

You need better web presence and just a little whoring of your work. Do it assembly line style and put everyone out of business. You and I both know you are better than the rest.

lol. I can't comment.

The issue here is I'm just one guy. One guy can only do so much and still have a life.

Assuming your parts cost is half or less of your asking price, if you worked 5 days a week and were able to produce/sell one harness per day, you'd be clearing 7k a month before taxes. That's not a bad living. There's obviously a lot of other factors but 4-5k a month sounds pretty managable.

i would buy one 100%

ive been (slowly) working on my fucking harness, wanting to kill myself. only reason i haven't sent it to you is cause i keep telling myself it's easy and i'm almost done.

then 2 weeks later i realize im fucking stupid and if i got you to do it id be driving my car right now.

+1 for panic harness.

but my parts cost is 75% of the asking price. Get your head around that.

And it takes more than one shift to make one.

This has the harness pictured in the 1st page. Engine hasn't ran in 4-5 years, practically fired right up. Mark is a fucking champ.
http://youtu.be/Cg7r2JgDpPA
Currently trying to figure out why it won't rev up but stoked that it runs as good as it does.

It's looking like these will be doable for $750. With that said I may start officially offering a "rework plus" solution whereby everything is new except for connector shells. This would be like $500ish plus the cost of any replacement connector shells.

It would be of the same construction and routed the same just used shells. Considering something like a jzx90 into x8 is getting close in price I think this would do okay.

so $750= new

and $500= New wire and pins on all connections, improved routing for easy install and any needed shells at my cost.

Both would include a new injection molded T5 plus (the one that replaces the 7m ecu to body).

Any takers?