Yoyi

3rd world mx83

Many Toyota master cylinder reservoirs interchange.

haha

I wish I could go visit you, but I don't have a visa yet.

And talking about drifting, how do you do it there? You get together a group of cars and rent a track? Or there are events like a drift day that anyone can participate? What's the cost involved?

Gordo. I haven't looked for a remote reservoir yet. The first one that came to my head was a honda one.

FWIW, the clutch master from a 1990-1993 Celica seems to fit the best that I have found. I think that reservoir will fit the master you have.

2013-11-12170227_zpsa494f646.jpg

you're right about honda being the easiest remote reservoir to find. early 90s civics are your best bet. nice work, good luck!

This thread reminds me of what it's like to get sick at grandma's house. For every symptom there is an old world remedy that works better than anything you have ever tried, because it's based on knowledge and wisdom passed down from people who had to make it with what they had and they had no time for bullshit that didn't actually work.

This is by far my favorite build thread ever on this site. We should get a kickstarter fund going to get this guy over here to PARC for a drift weekend USA matsuri style.

Thanks bradlee and Guy Smiley for the good words.

I´m so new at working with cars that I still feel dumb and slow while doing stuff and I tend to analize every step that I will take to remember where was everything before losening bolts and removing stuff. My friend has more experience than me and do things fast not taking time to think much but do.

But I go by this old saying: Practice makes perfect.

Heres an update of what we have done to my x8:

I´ve always liked the jdm bumpers, and I got lucky one day cruising around we found on abandonned cressida (no engine, plenty of rust) that an old guy owned and he was planning to restore. We offered him some money for the bumpers but he wanted some bumpers back so I offered mines and some money, thing is we only traded the bumper covers (his bumper support were all rusted and damaged)

So we started modifying first the rear buper support

15hzk39.jpg

eg7q07.jpg

21dfmyq.jpg

The donor car I thik it was a GX81 (correct me if I´m wrong). It also had chrome door handles but i don´t like those that much.

The rear bumper has the licence plate lights.

155m44o.jpg

This is the front bumper with my friend sleeping on the back

xbm8n.jpg

Modifying front bumper support:

9qcu84.jpg

2sbwltk.jpg

Testing without the fender lower skirt or whatever that´s called cutted yet and no bolts.

ilvei1.jpg

All the shit removed, I will gather everything and check the total weight removed from both supports.

a3mlnl.jpg

Both bumpers will only use the stock support upper bolts and tie wraps in the lower part (maybe I´ll just use tie wraps everywhere)...

Later on we cutted the fender things and painted both bumper supports and the little fender things with non rust black paint.

Later that day the engine was again cleaned and disassembled. Thats me laying on the floor back there. Check the fender.

2m7hsec.jpg

Rear view

zlatt3.jpg

Killer build in progress.

Feinding to see next update.

Was your father a die hard Nike type of guy ?

I see a lot of 'Just Do It' attitude here.

Good work !

Was your father a die hard Nike type of guy ?

I see a lot of 'Just Do It' attitude here.

1487.gif

I like this guy. His English and Grammar are better than most of the kids around here, He is getting shit done and doing a lot with what he has available.

Reminds me of what it was like doing these car 10 years ago.

Thanks again for showing such interest in my thread.

Lets keep the pics coming.

Here´s the process of custom making the adapter plate (iron) and fitting a d21 nissan truck slave cylinder (I love my crazy ass friend)

mr4f1y.jpg

fnuxkm.jpg

2d9e9uu.jpg

34oxcm9.jpg

Here´s the finished plate. Not fancy at all but functional (We hope it works)

2roqfdx.jpg

21jtb4m.jpg

2mw9e1k.jpg

sxog84.jpg

1jns4m.jpg

New custom made shifter bushings

33m8whl.jpg

67nwc7.jpg

2i28leq.jpg

2z90f1g.jpg

Throw out bearing spacer. We still need to measure things well. Everybody seems to go with the hydro to bearing but i prefer old school.

2e5ialf.jpg

Your fab skills are top notch! This is the first I've seen a fork style clutch for a 1uz swap. Neato.

All the credit is for my friend Emmanuel. He's kinda new working as a machinist but he puts all his effort to make things right. He got this "that's easy, I can do it" attitude.

fucking awesome.

it's really a shame we don't have any manufacturing jobs in america anymore, it's good to see skilled tradesmen in other countries designing and machining stuff like this.

Keep buying chinese shit, and you will see what jobs we have left vanish too.

Keep buying chinese shit, and you will see what jobs we have left vanish too.

Tell that to the citizens of wal-mart.

I made an extended release bearing hub once... the part of my Beams swap I am most proud of and no one will ever see it

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg