Kyle

An in-depth look at white trash etiquette

Love it all. If i dont get into a x soon, im going to blow my brains out.

You will feel the same way after you get one.

So just do it now, and save yourself the suffering.

have your friends act as pallbearers by putting you in the car and rolling it into a quarry or mineshaft.

I don't know what it is about Mark II hardtop that makes it drastically more aggressive looking than a Cressida despite being practically identical. Or is my mind creating a false reality?

Different angles on the A pillars, and probably the C pillars.

Someone ought to figure out the degree of angle of the A & C -pillars of both hardtop and sedan and see if Gordo's suggestion holds weight. I'd also like to know if hardtop roof line is lower or the same as sedan.

It is at least a fact on the A pillars.

That's why the JDM side window rain guards that everyone wants, have to be heated, and tweeked a little to fit the MX83.

Calling anyone with a hardtop to park next to a Cressida, and take some pictures.

I'd ask for actual angles, but in this day & age after 20 years of 'no child left behind' schooling, it may be impossible.

Lower roof ?

Maybe.

I've always thought an old fashion roof chop of about 2" would look good.

Maybe Brian with his lately accumulated jzx81 can provide what we request. Him and I will have to meet up and compare.

Forgot about this, but UPDATE: Went to Brian's house and amongst our bullshitting discussions, we decided to test the roof and windshield angle theory. What we found was:

Cressida:

Fr windshield = 33*

Rr Windshield = 33*

Roof height from door = 17-1/2"

Mark II:

Fr Windshield = 33*

Rr Windshield = 29*

Roof height from door = 16-3/4"

Hm, doesn't make sense, since the side window deflectors from Japan have to be hit with a hot air gun, and tweaked a little to fit the MX83.

But the more slope on the rear glass, and 3/4" lower roof line explains the better look.

The side deflectors you are referencing are Cresta though, which are a totally different roof design than the Cressida and hardtop, so their windshield angle might be different as well.

I agree that the lower roof line and longer rear glass definitely help explain the hardtop's aggressive appearance.

GFD this Zack dude is a fag here and IRL.

Anyhow, I guess this thing has been swapped and dailied for like 8 months or so. Finally had to do some shit, trans to bell bolts backed out. Trans started flopping. While it was out, I took an LHD Cressida subframe and modded it for RHD and moved the rack points forward 20 plus mm. Then stuffed a BEAMS in it. Lines up with the kouki subframe and stock trans mount and stock shifter relocated forward using the supplied holes in the trans to do so. Its wired 93%, just gotta add body plugs when I do it for good.

List left:

Buy radiator and fans

Buy driveshaft (measured already)

Wire body plugs to harness and ECU plugs to car

Coolant hoses

Put stock throttle cable back in

Make a/c lines

New hose for oil drain/PCV or whatever it is from head to block

Make subharness for DLC connector

Tach adapter

That being said, minimum to be bought is the three hoses and driveshaft. MAYBE next weekend, then another few weeks and hopefully I can buy the a/c lines, rad, and fans. Has a TRD header, HKS intake, and ORC clutch. After I get the list up there knocked out Ill move on to rear arms and subframe bushings, maybe build a PS and oil cooler, and call that a day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139540361@N03/shares/opj36k

I would flat foot the shit out of this car everywhere. Love it. What do you think the curb weight is, close to 3000?

What do you think the curb weight is, close to 3000?

Ah, not with a full interior, sound deadening, and all factory glass.

Mine tipped the scales at 3400, an Odyssey 925 battery, and Momo T-frame seats, which were very light.

The 3SG is about 120 lbs lighter than a 7M. (not sure what the Beams weighs)

Gordon, jdm Cars dash down and console are abs plastic and not stamped steel and padding, as well as the bumpers and the j160 that a little bitch like me can toss on my shoulder if I had to. The BEAMS and 1gfe had about a 75lb difference. Overall Im pretty happy and Ive daily driven it per usual with the only issues being chassis related existing stuff because Ive put 100k plus on it driving like I do. Im excited to re-learn malarkey in a low powered car where you gotta drive aggressive as fuck.

Urrik gets it

https://flic.kr/p/LKQg3B

Boso sounds!!! I love it.

Kyle this is fucking awesome.

You need a Jason mask in this car or on your face at all times.

Good to see you're giv'n er man!

Holla at ya laterz