Kyle

An in-depth look at white trash etiquette

I did the exact same thing in the lexus a while back. Sharted real bad after some huevos rancheros for breakfast and had to stop at a gas station bathroom to clean myself up then went straight home and showered and threw my pants and drawers in the wash

i'd throw mine in a fire. but not around my house. maybe this dickweed up the street. burning shitpants in his front yard.

So stuff has changed. I plan to be running mid next month, need a reliable daily so this is gonna be it for the time being until I find a truck to swap my 1uz into.

So the rundown is:

1jz non vvti

Mk4 cams

440s

Neo

S200 turbo

Shit woulda been done already but I bought a 97 factory 5spd sc

Got a little bit done last night. Pulled the front subframes off both cars, pressure washed em. This morning went and tossed the early x member on the silver car and the late model one on the white car so I could use x90 brackets. I also dug around storage and found my new rack bushings. Tomorrow evening I'll have the rack in along with the entire xm front setup. Also ordered the bushings for the tension rod from work this morning. According to the diagrams, appears they're a press in affair, so I'll know tomorrow as one will show up around 10am. The other one will show up in a week, so after that everything up front should be 100% awesome.

Things to build

Harness

Catch can setup

Cylinder head

Hot side piping

Down pipe

I would post pictures, but photobucket has corrupt files on my phone. But basically I've been busy. The sc I bought was hit really fucking hard and needed a front frame rail and rear quarter replaced, taco'd the firewall and dimpled the roof in four places, so now I have the late model block for my vvti 2j head, and 97-00 body kit and interior in 8/10 condition taking up room.

then you can sell it to a an is300 person for a ridiculous price

The Lexus

041FF9EE-98BD-4B85-AA59-DBBAA061A60B_zps

F80E804F-287D-49D9-8451-84A6BA2798D2_zps

Tension rod bushings new from Toyota

84AA39DC-96D1-42DD-89AB-37425E6526CA_zps

Head assembled ready to set valve lash

0A8A8879-7BBD-401D-A4EE-AF98D8CE0C9C_zps

236CFFF9-EC77-424F-93F6-B8B7F8E0B65E_zps

Nah just! a regular 1j, need like $4k to run the vtec head the way I want, and nearly $2k of that is for a clutch. Right now I'll be running a stock pressure plate with a Kevlar disc since only looking for about 380whp with this setup. I'll be piecing together the vtec engine still, and when I come up with a manifold/BW/clutch/ffim materials ($3k), I'll need another grand for a tune and be ready to rock for 600whp.

God damnit. Been looking for the lifters for this fucking head for three days. I wanted to have the shit ready to install this weekend. I guess I could steal the ones from the vvti 2j head since I'm going shimless on that bitch. Maybe that's what I'll do tonight. Fucking sucks, don't have my car at my house, so I have to rent a tow dolly/truck just to take the motherfucker to the car wash to clean the bay. I'm feeling like a harness is gonna be the last thing holding me up. I could probably piece one together out of scrap, but I'm kinda wanting to spend the money on some nice materials.

So hoping for not this weekend, but next weekend running. More realistic of the weekend after next. Good thing is my work schedule changed and I finally have two consecutive days off again.

Starting from zero sucks. Should have it ready to rock today

B9A9B640-EDD5-4560-B39C-5D9FE645FF25_zps

Buttplug collection reinstalled, ordered 9 shims today, should be here tomorrow and then the head is done and it's just assembling the entire car and building a harness, then praying the turbo seals are good

3A3D1C60-A4AA-400C-8B47-5D97BF78BD56_zps

y u no respond to my creeper messages and drunk texts but you can give it to rue so hard that his jaw swells up?

So it's getting there. Pulled the pressed in nipples out of the coolant neck and water pump, then tapped for 1/8"npt. I'm headed to Home Depot now to find plugs for both those an the 3/8" npt coolant spot in the head I tapped a long time ago that goes to the throttle body then iacv. Fuck all those bs not needed chintzy ass lines.

Valves are done, engine is basically together, new Toyota 7mge valve cover gaskets were used this morning, just need to bolt the intake together, throw some spark plugs in it, find my cam sensor 0-rings and then pull it off the stand to do the rear main and flywheel.

E372C86B-564E-4FB3-BE42-7BA656DDFA18_zps

8FEAA1C5-67FF-422D-88FB-E0E738FE6B9C_zps

Are you joking ?

7M cam cover fit the JZ ?

Valve cover gaskets do doubt the covers do, I I had some I'd rock em though if they fit

Yup, bolt pattern is different.

Was trying to type 'gaskets' in there somewhere, but was on the phone with Rue, and my feable old mind jumped a cog.......

Your pissed about the W58 thing still ?