Kyle

An in-depth look at white trash etiquette

Along the tunnel, left of wheel. Fucking slammed this week so far so I haven't felt like fucking with it. About to start a timing belt job on a uzj100 in a minute. Should have it done by end of day leaving me not giving a fuck about my car at that point in time

Exactly how i feel atm, Trying to get a few costumers cars for a half mile event in the weekend. I just want to fuck off and go smoke a blunt at the beach

Yeah. I ain't doing shit on it for a week or two probably. Already extremely broke again and shit is just busy. I have a LOT on my plate. Trying to figure out my job situation. I'm in such a potentially good place, and we have a contract on the lease for another 4 years, but my boss is burnt out, and his son has a hard time keeping track of things that need to be done: scheduling, returning calls and quotes, ordering parts initially, ordering parts to replace ones used in stock, ordering supplies, etc. it's extremely frustrating. We're a small place, and have potential to well and grow, but things need to be streamlined. Problem is, it's been functioning and GETTING BY for almost 20 years, so making happen what needs to be done is a fight and a half, one that won't be recognized without me being an asshole since the system has "worked" for said amount of time. I have to decide whether it's worth the effort. I feel it's double our profit, but it's not exactly my place to say so. Fun stuff. Had enough stress already

Shlammed, You constantly say simple things that have already been thought about like they're some new deep knowledge. I love reading things on here, but you fucking ruin everything.

Shlammed, You constantly say simple things that have already been thought about like they're some new deep knowledge. I love reading things on here, but you fucking ruin everything.

Awe man! I didn't even get to see what the retard had to say!

Anyhow, was working on it today, then someone decided I wasn't busy enough and made me do some axle seals. Fucking shit sucks. Whatever. I need to spend like $20-30 to finish this, but I have $27 to last me 10 days. So that ain't happening. I'm so mentally in a fucked place that a 2 hour job takes me 5 because I have to triple check/do everything. too much stress. I don't see myself lasting much longer.

nissin makes a badass beef ramen bowl for $0.25.

fucking obamacare moving me down a rung on the income ladder now that i have to insure a family vs. being single.

Well shit. I had nothing to do today, so I got the bracket 95% finished. One more small brace for the master, but everything bolts in fucking dead nuts perfect, is COMPLETELY unobtrusive in driving and sitting (I am a small guy though), and feels solid as fuck. Just gotta shorten the leverage pin and notch and drill. Thinking of going with a snap ring on one side and cotter on other. After that I just gotta paint and plumb it.

6DAB7B51-D099-4A9D-ADFB-485F68C31CEB_zps

2653547A-1E99-4E77-83A6-FAC51B4FC49A_zps

FD83102B-D43E-4DD4-AA28-1E2B3055AC04_zps

59A6CE1C-253A-49C6-9E0A-F640924A564B_zps

1C08AC52-19E9-4DF4-88B7-6B877A3A1793_zps

7182B37C-FB30-4A03-8A9C-715BEAB4A82C_zps

88ADC333-B75B-4AD4-9422-36BEA0DFA1DC_zps

3105C958-9BBB-4B56-9A49-C1B8BB953E27_zps

FE439D6C-58D1-4E0A-9F09-4110A87F7EE7_zps

Buy it and put something different in it?

Dailying a fixed bucket is for retards.

Ready for paint after I plumb. Made the enclosing piece to brace removeable for easier assembly/adjustment. Also gonna make a plate that's padded to protect leg/knee in event of wreck. Excited to run dem lines. Anyhow, more pics

5EE4D3C8-B792-4035-BE97-417565B868D2_zps

B74D688B-CAA9-453F-9B93-0BA956479C05_zps

E3265C88-9900-4D99-A1DD-EF1623AE0D2C_zps

83212D66-7C88-4E85-BA3D-74CA48A45D18_zps

82C6BF70-1CB2-433E-9DE6-76BDC2A9E0A3_zps

Also, this now belongs to the ex. Expect big brakes, 1uz auto.

416544A1-98A5-4544-9DE2-A50850EFE3C1_zps

That fits nice in there, does the climate control slide out button bug out in cooler wheather? Mine does, pisses me off.

It is intermittent like all the old x8 I've had, but works more than not

The intermittent shit is probably due to 20+ grease they used to lube it when assembled.

It dries out, and also collects dust, turning into another life form.

Just like the mechanisms in an old tape deck, or disk drive.

Just take the whole thing apart, lean gently with a plastic safe electronics cleaner, and re-lube.

I was actually gonna say that about discos as his was cold weather dependant. I honestly thought that was a funny question because I'm in central Texas. I don't know his cold haha

So I'm almost done. Gotta finish the plumbing. Between cutting myself not as bad as I originally thought and looking for a god damn clutch master to pedal retainer/clip, I wasted several hours. But interior plumbing is done.

92F7766B-7FEF-4A04-AE23-5C4924E0D784_zps

B991481A-E8AB-4795-8865-0A1E01C94A51_zps

You can barely make out where the line goes through utilizing the factory loose console to carpet fitment. Had some bulk washer hose I split and ran over it to keep it from rattling anywhere it could. Cushion clamps this week for stays

EC6F23E6-5D5A-4BC4-9300-AE79B57CEDEA_zps

I wonder which weld will fail first, the one holding the fancy handle to the stub shaft, or the one holding the stub shaft to the cross pin.

But being just a drift brake, there is no real safety issue, since all those cars get smashed sooner or later anyway.

I don't see how either will fail. I've tacked shit in the same fashion I couldn't break beating with a hammer, so I'm sure it'll be fine. Shouldn't take more force than a hammer blow.

As of now, it's completely plumbed. Gotta pop the reservoir on and give it a bleed.

Additionally, I'm certain all that'll happen with it is it'll sit there in the car unused in the driveway. How many things have failed on yours sitting in the driveway in the last decade?

I hope that 5/8" works for ya, I've still got mine sitting collecting dust because i went to the 3/4"

Mine just gets the engine bay covered in stray cat hair, have to clean it every 2 years.