MX83MISSILE

LS1UZ project

The signal gets corrupt when they use double row timing gears and the sensor is misaligned with the reluctor so they use the lt1 sensor and the fat single row reluctor to correct it .

My buddy that is doing the machine work on the crank reluctor says he will have it for me this weekend . Also I'm picking up a 2uzfe engine friday so I can design a cam reluctor and bolt the 2uzfe top end on a 1uzfe bottom end and see if it will turn without any collision . I'm going to start the wiring harness this weekend and try the 2uzfe coils with the GM pcm .

I'm still wasting on the crank reluctor should be any day . I picked up the 2uzfe for a hundred bucks it came with a uncut 2wd harness , coils , injectors , intake , throttle, both oil pans , flex plate , exhaust manifolds and everything except the power steering , a/c compressor and alternator . I have been working on the wiring harness using the coils and connectors from the 2uz on the ls1uz I will post up some pictures when I get further along .

however much that I'm curious to see how interchangeable the 2uz is with the 1uz, it would be less complicated to install earlier, beefier 1uz rods in the 2uz block and just have to make motor mounts to sit in the whatever it's going into. sure you gain 80lbs, but with what would seem to be less of a headache. And you get the displacement for bonus volume per a cylinder.

What's the word on the reluctor? These jokers are working me to death so my finances are on schedule to get back in the game earlier next year.

You can totally swap out the rods from 1 to 2 uz.. On my setup I'm running the 2uz block crank and pistons, with the 1uz heads and rods.

and you're bringing up the same point with the sensor as I did already. Look back and read a little and you will see he explains his setup.

The reluctor is to small to chuck up in my buddy's lathe so we are going to mod a sherline jewelers lathe with a kit to increase the swing over the bed . I thought of using the 2uz but I want an aluminum block in my car . If the 2uz heads don't work on the 1uz short block I will probably put some Chinese h-beam rods in it and put it in a truck . I will poste up some pictures of the 1uz with 2uz heads when I get some time to bolt it together .

Grab the sherline chuck in the larger lathe's big chuck, I do it all the time using a unimat chuck.

Wow that's a good tip thanks Gordo ! I already bought the kit but I will talk to him later today and maybe the kit will become plan B . Thanks again , I can't believe we had not thought of this .

that's soooo sketchy I like it lol. I would never be cought doing that gordo lol

That's because you are not a machinest..........

For shits and giggles I'd enjoy seeing the price-tag when all is said and done. Isn't HPTuners already a $450 license+cost of LS1 PCM ($100-$200)?

Wouldn't hooking up a simple aem ems cheaper and straight-forward alternative?

For shits and giggles I'd enjoy seeing the price-tag when all is said and done. Isn't HPTuners already a $450 license+cost of LS1 PCM ($100-$200)?

Wouldn't hooking up a simple aem ems cheaper and straight-forward alternative?

So a one time $450 to reprogram PCMs that can be found in any junk yard for $100. If he does 10 of these, the grand total for each comes to a whopping $145. The math speaks for itself.

What's total cost? what about controlling nitrous, boost, vvt etc? Seems a good fit fo NA 1uz but anything more I dunno.

So the BOM is:

ecu

plugs/wiring for everything

sensors

adapter stuff

coils

tuning

Did I miss anything?

So it's fine for NA, but for this setup, boost will increase cost exponentially? And with what other boosted NA motor with any other management does one you have replace/add a fuck ton of things?

The pool of piss is hitting my knees.

Gordo, I'm not a machinist? that's news to me. My shop is a 10,000 square foot machine shop with over 6 manual lathes, 5 manual mills, 6 cnc mills and 3 cnc lathes.

on top of that you must be completely clueless as to who did this conversion first and who machined the parts for this conversion. So really and seriously take your "not a machinist" attitude and go get fucked

Your shop is probably some dirty dingy shithole in the middle of nowhere, and you're probably just another know it all asshat wanna be machinist with no degree in machining, no formal apprenticeship, and no real education to speak of, you probably cant even figure out how to use thread wires on a acme thread.

post-2436-0-41493300-1415306283_thumb.jpg

as for the lsx to uz conversion I'll have the supra up and running again next week.

oh look, duax is just some clown working out of his garage.

post-2436-0-62220500-1415306847_thumb.png

I would trust Gordon's ability to machine shit in his garage more than what you could do in a giant shop...but then again, that might just be me...

I trust 4U2QUIK since half my Cressida's vital guts have been replaced with shit he's machined. He let me use his bead blaster on my old Cressida key so i trust him.

nasa and uc berkely space sciences trusts me enough to make many of the parts on the maven satilite orbiting around mars right now, on top of inspecting a large portion of the mechanical componants. If you trust some asshat in his garage over me your fucking stupid.

and last I checked gordo has been permabanned form supramania for being a know it all asshat. multiple times./multiple accouts.

It's because I don't drink the coolaid over there, dick wad.

If your one of the little dick suckers who ou & ah over everything some idiot like jdub says, then I know you are not much of a machinest.

Maybe a opperator, maybe even do a set-up now & then,

but a machinest, no way.

By the way, I am on stupidforums, they can't keep me off.

And the shop I work in is 170,000 sq/ft