Sign in to follow this  
swim

new S9 "oni-camber" mounts

10297697_10154140147090644_2940255870813

probably one of the most important new parts being made for our cars, through no fault of S9.

instead of using it for getting demon camber out of shit big body nissans with mcstrut suspension, you can run it "backwards" and use it to take out the accidental demon camber you get when you lengthen the LCA's on our cars to get the wheels away from the frame rails at lock.

it lifts the front end 20mm which I guess sucks for the weld-on tube stock strutknuckle setup if you're trying to slam the car, but it's a bonus if you're running 240sx front knucks.

anyway, yeah, discuss.

fuck serialnine.

Then it belongs here,

just like that buick turbo powered X7 wagon.

I like the idea for VIP and lookers/show. For VIP I personally like the camber to look close to the same in the front as the back.

I drift and daily my x8. I have the XM NCRCA and when I get the front over fenders from S9 I will be dialing out a lot of camber. I know I have over -6* right now and although it doesnt drive bad now..initial turn in is not that great with a lot of heavy steering. If I cant get the camber dialed in I might look into these.

For a VIP car these are dope. For a performance upgrade.. not so much.

That being said everyone has a different opinion of what is good and different intentions with there car.

That looks like it would put stress in all the wrong places under any sort of load?

And I wouldn't run either of them.

Just the huge angle on this in comparison to XM's NCRCA's seems much larger.

Just to reiterate, I'm talking about bolting them in backwards so they move the strut out instead of in. So when you use longer control arms, you wind up with 2-3* of camber instead of 6-9*

Agreed. I understand what you're talking about. And I think its a good idea. I do believe I will be buying the front lower control arm set-up from XM and this would help with getting track width without crazy negative camber.

I was talking about these as they were intended.

This is the total opposite of what the Japanese oni camber crew do. I guess this is what happens when retarded people start designing parts.

wisefab does exactly this to be able to space wheels out on their retarded angle kits. theres only so much camber you can take OUT with stock mounting. I wont comment on their strength though.

wisefab is a single plate item not a spacer to a normal mount/ (last kit i had in my hands)

Oni camber guys normally use news14.jpg single spacer stock camber plate it looks to me S9 have a spacer to camberplaate mount that you then bolt your normal camber plate to?

Humm.. an actual replacement for the for the top hat instead of a an adapter. I like this.. Wise Fab makes this correct?

it comes as part of a kit, and they only make them for s13/s14 and e30/e36

388508_282651961785023_266037546779798_8

but really, the load is spread across a wide area, and any forces that would break the adapter would first have to be transmitted through the bearing plate which is mounted to the tophat or s9 adapter with four shitty little m6 socket heads threaded into aluminum, normally through a slot and not even a normal clearance hole.

edit: it looks like the wisefab part is not FD legal, so I guess this wouldn't be either? that's a bummer.

The suspension mounting point on the car can't be moved. Wisefab makes an FD legal kit. Other than seeming kind of sketchy strength wise, the S9 part looks to be legal too.

Wow, really, WiseFake only makes them for S & E chassis ?

Oh, it's so complicated, a mess of steel plate welded up........

People that can't make something like that, shouldn't be entering a car in a competitive event.......

Why would you want oni camber for racing events though? only stance fags should be rocking these bad boys

I didn't say 'racing events', as I wanted to include 'drifting', which as we all know is sort of like ballet........

You know, where funny boys go out in tight tites, and stand on the tips of their toes wile spinning around to some homo music.

Since it pits one ballet dancer against another ballet dancer, it can be called a competitive event.

6d4da9178e934ba92074d997fecd82c8.jpg

SuperStock_1660R-2125.jpg

Just to reiterate, I'm talking about bolting them in backwards so they move the strut out instead of in. So when you use longer control arms, you wind up with 2-3* of camber instead of 6-9*

Why would you want oni camber for racing events though? only stance fags should be rocking these bad boys

That is fine for you. but im talking more the general public who will run these.