Sign in to follow this  
Space Case

The JZX compatability thread

So far, I have not been able to find a lot of concrete info with descriptions of trim options, and parts compatibility between models. I've tried to look shit up on toydiy, but it merely lists what parts CAN fit on your car, not what WILL fit given your trim spec, etc.

If you have any info, knowledge, or resources, please share them.

From my understanding, JZX90 tourer S comes with a smaller diff and axles, 7.5" F code. Is200 diffs can swap in, not sure about axles. I'd like to know more about the parts needed to swap to 8" diff.. I know that all 8" diffs from these cars are pretty much interchangeable, so long as you re-use your housing and stubs.

I found some shit on jzx100.com but those auzzies give sketchy info at best.

SO: What trim models came with what? Aside from the obvious engine/trans shit.

What parts can swap between JZA80, JZX90, JZX100?
What parts from other cars, can swap between JZA80, JZX90, and JZX100?

ToyoDiy is your friend.

Toyodiy no longer shows pictures.

3sge valve springs and seats fit in 1JZ/2JZ

Hm, funny, it shows me pictures........

Doesnt do pics for me as well. Maybe I retard.

GS300 brake pads are replacements for tourer V AFAIK. Pretty sure tourer S has the same brakes?

Tourer V jzx100 is same as is300 rear. So probably tourer S is not.

Discs anyway.

Half right Bill.

My rear big brake kit from Japan is for the Tourer-V rear disks, and Toyodiy showed them as being different than the IS300. I think it was the diameter of the parking brake drum portion.

Had to bring those suckers out of Japan, not to mention, I had to buy a full set to get the rears.

But I love my X8, so being broke all the time to find shit that fits is a way of life.

Saved info:

Rear Adapters allow the use of Skyline R32 GTR rear calipers to be mounted onto JZX100 or JZX90 Tourer-V rear brake rotors. The Tourer-V rotors have the correct size emergency brake drum with a larger diameter disc.
There is no match in the US, although the front Tourer-V rotors do match several Lexus, including the IS300, GS300, and LS400.

the next option is what the JZX100 boys do and that is JZA80 rear discs with supra brakes the downside is the handbrake shoes are custom and you would need to mount the rear callipers since it is not bolt on for X8

how ever if you are running twin calliper rear and dont need shoes it could be a good option.

Any good brake religning place can bond what ever thickness material onto the old X8 shoes you want.

(at least here in the states)

In fact, you can buy the material for riviting the shit on.

Kind of an idea lost to time, as rivited brakes lead to a lot of squeel, and only done on big trucks, and machinery these days.

Cool gordo, I once test fitted new IS300 replacement rear rotors, but I never actually checked the inside dia. of the drum since I had zero drum hardware in the car at the time.

Any good brake religning place can bond what ever thickness material onto the old X8 shoes you want.

(at least here in the states)

In fact, you can buy the material for riviting the shit on.

Kind of an idea lost to time, as rivited brakes lead to a lot of squeel, and only done on big trucks, and machinery these days.

Only a hand full of places in My state do this and i only know of one still open :( I will be looking into it in the future as i got 355mm front brakes with big 4 pot brembo for the front may as well do something stupid on the rear as well

Someone mentioned to me that Tourer S diff in the JZX90 is a 7.5" with 1 front mount, instead of two. Can anyone verify this?

ive been using evo 8/9 brembos with dba rotors up front for a while now. adapter is widely avaliable for s14s so its a bolt on affair.

ive been using evo 8/9 brembos with dba rotors up front for a while now. adapter is widely avaliable for s14s so its a bolt on affair.

So you are running silvia spacers with your X8 struts and dont have issues of spacing? when i measured these up EVO callipers with evo rotors it was off. or are you using just the calipers on 300mm rotors?

stock evo brembos. evo->s14 adapter + 11mm spacer. dba sloted rotors for evo 320mm. only thing I made was 11 mm spacers to change the caliper offset.

jzx100 rear end is the same as the is300. I have an is300 open differential in my car now (my welded was breaking everything so this is temporary). Rear brakes are not is300 compatible from everything that I have read. I had to order my chaser's rear rotors, pads and shoes off yahoo.jp and because of a few issues with the guy I went through, my parts are in limbo and I cant drive my car. One thing I was wondering though was if the front was all is300 stuff. I heard that everything front suspension was able to be interchanged between the is300 and the jzx100. Ive never actually tested it but it looks the same when I eye balled it. A bunch of random other little things are supposedly compatible as well but as far as major components go I believe its really just the differential.

Chase17, the university guy that can't read........

Stop fucking quoting !

(that is in the rules, just try reading them)

i've been wondering about this stuff too. It's been a bitch finding spares for my 100. So i bought an auto tt jza80 lsd rear subframe, found a complete jzx90 Tourer v rear subframe (being shipped next week). Along with some is300 garbage i have laying around.

I'll get the car on jackstands, kill a case of beer out and post up what i figure out.

If its any consolation to your hunt for info, my JZX90 tourer S Cresta runs a B04D differential.

with according to everything i can find on the net is a Torsen LSD (but its fucking not which makes me sad.)

here is the x90 parked next to a Datsun

caditcgj.dbg.jpg