Okidriftjr

Let's talk about ems and tunning.

So we have many different options, but I'm talking g more about d jetro vs l jetro.

Maf vs map

I am actively looking at power fc's and more than likely will stick with a map based system. In my research and experience I have seen and messed with both, but never really understood the benefits of either.

I know many of you prefer the aem and I don't disagree. Aem gives you the flexibility of choosing either and that is not my issue.

Let's hear opinions and experiences on running maf vs map.

Suck a dick

And its "tuning", faggot

I like Mikuni PPHs :)

You can't fuck a maf, too restrictive inside.

Same reason they restrict air flow.

Some DR30 Skylines made 600+ HP using the flapper meter.

It's all in the tune.......

Maf is more accurate at calculating air mass but has to be in front of the turbo because it can't read pressure.

Map is just more flexible, but also more forgiving in the case of releasing air mass or intake of extra(leak).

Best is combination of the two and you'll find that in some German turbo or s/c cars.

^I didn't know people didn't believe blow through MAF exists.. :P

VENT LIKE A MOFUCKA.

Ahh yes, my DSM days.

I know they exist, doesn't mean they read boost pressure or that it's a good idea

I know they exist, doesn't mean they read boost pressure or that it's a good idea

correct.

and lol @ maf translators.

Aren't most maf just a hot wire with a temp sensor, that just reads rate of rise and fall in temp from the air passing it?

Map is a two way diaprham the reads vac and pressure.

Kinda, its two separate deals here though. Toyota maf for this app has an iAT inside it, and then there's also a hot wire. The wire has a circuit that controls it that is designed to stay at a constant temp, and the volume of air coming in cools it, so in order for it to stay at its temp, voltage rises/falls, and the voltage differential is what the ecu uses to determine fueling.

Crazy.

All of these manufacturers have different ways of doing obd2 and obd3.

The biggest benefit from MAF I have ever considered was Barometric correction, and I never drive Mulholland so who cares. I like to take inventory once everything arrives, as in I would rather have a manifold reading combined with a density reading closer to combustion. An Air Intake Temp sensor hanging out in "cooler" air and sending that reading back to headquarters when the air will actually get getting super heated (turbo) and supposedly cooled down (intercooler) and then ingested with an incorrect assessment of density for fuel calculation (trim) sounds dumb as fuck.

Making your air intake readings as realistic as possible will go way further when tuning since you have the butt sniffer to tell you how everything went. If you are sending happy cold air everything is sunshine readings to your ECU when in fact the world is a terrible negative overheated place, your child (exhaust) will have a very false sense of reality while you as the parent (ECU/Sensors) do what you can to make everything SEEM ok.

Don't shelter your children.

Nice!

Haha that is a great explanation guy. Thanks

iat at throttle body. done.

I'd rather have a 4"maf. mafs are waaaaay accurate and are cool as long as they are big.

Mark. Mafs are not cool unless you're a nerd. Map looks cool, and therefore is cool. Duh. You guys suck at tuning.