Dirty_Rotor

An offset fitment question that dont Suck mx83

ok so i got a week till i get my wheels 18x7.5 +45 and 18x8.5 +45 and since these got alot of backspacing i wanna know if these are gonna fit on my MX83 in stock form before I get some tires for them (if not ill just use that money to complete my coilovers..)

I've looked all over the place!

All I found was that one guy (blue with supercharged 1uz) ran 19xsomethings (8.5?) with a +43 is that +2 gonna kill me?

anyway any help is appriciated

if they dont fit Ill flip the lips

-55 offset.... lolz

that's some weak-ass sizing, why are you even worried... but Jesus fuck figure your own shit out, you have the damn car, go measure some shit and figure it out...

Pussy shit. Might rub on the insides when you turn because they're so sunk. Going to be impossible to look good with only 7.5" of rim too, the sidewalls will be bulging so you won't be able to bring the rim flush with a spacer.

Cliffs notes: fuck you.

The 7.5-45 are going to probably rub the frame rails in front when you try to turn.

You may want to run a small spacer to move them out just a tad, like about 3/8" to 1/2".

Rears shouldn't be too far off, maybe have to roll the fender just a tad.

All depends if you run ghetto, skinny ass low rider tires, or some real rubber.

Offical fitment for the X8 back in the day was 7-40 front, 8-45 rear.

I have run up to a 255 rear tire, and had to roll the fender about an 1/8".

The fronts were 235, and the same roll.

A 9"-60 will clear a lot in the rear.

Remember, big wide rims, with skinny tires, set at a lot of camber just to clear is slow as shit.

No traction, and heavy rims.

So it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Do you want to look fast, or look like a carnival act ?

OK, flame suit on for replies from all the stance drift boys out there that claim they run 12" wide rims just fine.......

i've ran 8" inch wheels front and rear with a +50 offset. 205/55s up front with a 12mm spacer to clear the rim. your fronts should fit fine without a spacer. as far as the rears, you might rub the fender a bit depending on how wide a tire you run.

Stock wheels sound like an upgrade to this.

These will fit depending on your suspension / struts / coilovers but they will be sunken 35mm. skinny tall rims look like aids already without being sunken.

They will essentially fit like 9j +30 on the inside. If you just throw these in a ditch and get the right wheels you'll be better off.

And if this is stock body, quit now. It'll look like complete shit no matter what tires you use.

Thanks guys I know the size and offset is wack but there work vskf's and I got them cheap. I plan to re barrel them in the future but I'm just trying to get this build on the road.

What the fuck you talking about measure? I'm not a Damn math major!

Gordo I'm planning on being slow for now as I'm still running 7m once my rx7 is done I'll make the Cressida fast this gonna be my daily/show car

People still thinks Cressidas can be show cars. Mind blown.

Lol sorry if my initial plan isn't to strip it and drift it then smash it into walls.

I wanna be comfortable and rock real parts and show off my mint blue leather interior.

Well as comfortable as it gets slammed on 16k springs

Question: What will these extremely gay postive 100 offset 6 inch wide wheels look like on my japanese taxi.

Answer:They will look like a mutated version of the aids virus.Kill your self now.

Comeback once you have rebuilt the wheels,and flip the lips like you have planned.Until then hide in the shadows of +45 shame.

Time to invest in some wheel spacers and some exteneded wheel studs.

"Lol sorry if my initial plan isn't to strip it and drift it then smash it into walls."

Then why do you want to drive one of these cars?

Omg i can't even believe this thread ive since built much worse offset wheels that barely fit and I'm about to install a 1j

I'm drunk and reminiscing right now

Ps those wheels fit

Pps I'm running 17x9+47 in the rear with no roll tucking rim, 17x9.5 +27ish in the front barely clearing strut and poking at least 1/2 inch

Question: What will these extremely gay postive 100 offset 6 inch wide wheels look like on my japanese taxi.

Answer:They will look like a mutated version of the aids virus.Kill your self now.

Comeback once you have rebuilt the wheels,and flip the lips like you have planned.Until then hide in the shadows of +45 shame.

Time to invest in some wheel spacers and some exteneded wheel studs.

lmao tbone honestly i feel this thread has evolved past my original question and shows that you can barley fit a 6.5inch inner barrel up front and can easily fit a 7 inch barrel in the rear ON STOCK BODY WITH NO ROLL while the 9.5 is way to much for front fenders and to be honest you could probably squeeze an 8 inch wheel in there barley ..... IDK with the rear tho I have yet to roll that shit but with no roll the 8.5+45 touched the factory fender....

point is this is clear info that future assholes like my past self can gain information on and ask less questions of us who are actually doing things

E.G. me bitch this is for those who never could or want to do body work......

Sounds like you're building a show car for Cait Jenner to run into someone else in the Malibu hills. Only difference is this time, you'll be getting a hummer from mangirl. Everyone is doing shit other than you. You're taking Honda Civic spare tires and trying to make them look cool. I probably don't have much pull being new here but you're more than welcome to sit on an AIDS infested spiked bat - fat end first.

No wonder people here want to fuck everyone up. They're tired of stupid fucking posts like this.

Sell your fucking car and buy a ES300. Then you and your cool show car friends can slap on some fucking 20's, listen to some Mexican top 50 and drink 40's with underage girls at HIN. Fuck off.

DUDE are you for fucking real? with your dumb ass questions all over this fucking site? where the fuck is your build thread? whats good with your car? where the fuck is your motor? Im on my third set of WORK wheels bro and so tell me how much shit I'm not doing. I'm a member in good standing I got a 1JZGTE INSIDE my car.

Again I was fucking with 3 piece wheels that come in sedan spec HIGH AS FUCK offset honestly unless your spending around $2k they are all running huge inner barrels and seeing as I have since rebuilt 3 piece wheels myself and turned a pretty nice profit (its cheaper to buy shit size wheels)

BUT FOR REAL

cant wait to see your ls1 Cressida on Cosmis wheels on craigslist soon :wub:

ANGRY RANT aside

new set up

work eurolines 18x8 +38 18x9+37 fit pretty nice

18x9 are almost flush can still tuck with camber

18x8 hit my struts on first test fit but not on second need more testing with those.

(2 piece welded wheels are lame but whatever)

idk why I keep adding shit to this thread