Niall

Jzx love affair part 2 - 81 Cresta

Car is cool as shit. Basically the reverse of the two-tone I want to do. The Cresta has weird door frames compared to the other cars. More like an LS400

fuck that looks so good

Thanks for the comments. Yea I tried one on and it was a total let down. I'm happy with the regas.

Needs spacers and lowered a touch more but I'm happy with how it has turned out.

2DE7FF90-90FF-467D-9CC5-A92151B0F079.jpg

7433D12B-8677-47A0-91FD-ECD0706E4FB0_1.j

83619BF3-DC24-4838-93BF-5BD723245CED_1.j

E574A196-1536-4858-8885-942374A736F0.jpg

Some parts coming from Japan to sort out the front suspension. Tie rods and some Silk Road Rca's

C8127C2F-D0D5-4866-A248-5D8018B79D61.jpg

F945AD90-3F3C-4D31-81AD-842A00D3C6A4.jpg

Ok a lot has happened since I updated this last.

Gearbox shat itself, got a reconditioned one with a nearly new twin plate exedy clutch, lightened flywheel and arp bolts.

ABF84F04-4CBA-4348-914C-EE761E3E81F3_1.j

Then my ecu decided to shit itself also, I decided I didn't want to put another 81 ecu in as the same would happen down the line. I had a jzx90 ecu from my last car so I had that mated up with the interior and engine loom from the 81. Was a straight forward enough process, only thing that was wired different was the fuel pump, that's been hooked up to the ignition.

A72E7728-8334-4683-9FFA-2BC034FF0884.jpg

Then I discovered my old hks f con s was so out of date nobody around had the software to map it so I got a hks f con V pro instead. It's been mapped on the new ecu and is running perfect.

My suspension parts were all fairly tired so I got a full set of rear arms from KFD/Minty Fresh..

D6E12A2D-91D3-437D-9C45-D8BBADA82AE7.jpg

And also I was lucky enough to come across some Yanack lower arms and tension rods at a pretty good price..

A579B252-08F8-47F8-AC89-5F2B9A60C97B.jpg

With all these bits fitted it passed the road worthy test here in Ireland so it's all good for some proper driving over the summer!

Also changed the wheels, it needs to be lowered more but first will need the exhaust modified to sit a lot higher as its scraping in places already and the roads here are far from good.

7C08BB80-C4F0-406C-849C-FD93E2630B06.jpg

B63FEE9C-0293-4C06-9C4C-3007407F231B_2.p

The reconditioned gear box will die in 6 months also......

Are you running the W58 oh so weak, or the R154 shifts like shit trans ?

Why don't you just dig up a nice used Hewland, or Quaife trans.

I'm confused gordo, has it been that long since you've been under your car you forget what a r1 and w58 look like?

Or the fact that his flywheel has 8 holes on it and not 6?

I thought you were supposed to know everything about toyotas?

Letting me down Gordo...

Op keep on keepin! I love this!

As above, Gordo I thought you knew everything. It is in fact a r154 and it'll last me long enough until I decide whether to go balls out for a 6 speed getrag from a supra or BMW e46 m3 conversion, still working out ratios etc on the latter.

And thanks for the kind words guys, it doesn't have to be all negative stuff like Gordo..

Gordon quit talking like people have anything other than shit or fiscally unreasonable choices to bolt together. You of all people know how much of a black hole these stupid cars are.

E46 Getrag 6spd would be nice. Believe its just adapter plate and run BMW clutch/flywheel. Not sure on driveshaft tho. They can handle decent power/torque levels and shift very nice. Also have read (on the internet mind you) that the Solstice trans is based off r154 and handles into 500whp like a champ....again internet knowledge so not 100% sure. Friend had a 1jz swapped E36 with either the e36 or e46 M trans running 500+whp and it took heavy abuse without talking back.

Whore, I never mentioned a flywheel, wtf are you talking about ?

And no, I did not try to ID what pos trans op has, don't care, it's one of the two.

By the way, both my W58s are not 10 feet from me, sitting on the garage floor. One ready to bolt in, and break, one waiting for enough spare cash to send the internals off to get cryo treated, to maybe extend the life....

hucker, unreasonable choices ?

Did I say a 'new' Hewland, or Quaife ? There has to be tons of those things hiding in people's sheds in the UK.

revel, a BMW flywheel ??

That's retarded.......

Typical newb.

It is unreasonable - there may or may not be gearboxes for sale in people's sheds there - and if there were, if you could possibly get one for half or even a quarter of list price in good shape it would still fetch a price unwarranted of the expense. And in all likelihood anything 'affordable' would only be four speed. Things I won't be doing, ever - going to the United Kingdom, buying parts from the United Kingdom, thinking about thinking about money in the United Kingdom. The Canadian dollar is worth HALF of the Pound. Less if you include bank fees. Thus, unreasonable.

Didn't post that for anyone in Canada, or the US.

He's over there.....

Just put it in an inflatable raft, and float it to Ireland.

Or take a ferry ?

(there has got to be a ferry service between the islands......)

God I get tired of ex-UK provinces crying about how fucked their economy is.....

How's that 'progressive' government thing working for you all ?

better if they pull out of the EU, have you heard about that shit? they have to conform to regulations for all EU member countries and it costs something ridiculous. that would be like CARB setting the standard for emissions and shit for all of North America.