Okidriftjr

WTB Side window rain guards

I want a set of zokustyle's rain guards in fibre glass.

I dont give a flying fuck if you can see through them or not.I would paint them the body colour of my car anyways.

Don't want them reproduced in frp, what the fuck man???

I'm just going to buy some honda accord or toyota camry ones.Modify those, and make my own.Done and done.

Very low priority on my things to do list though.

Good idea on the accord ones. I'm going to try some at vatozone and see how they line up.

I also emailed a company that specializes in plastics to see what they could do for the window visors. Keep ya'll posted.

JZXP: where dudes will actually get mad over plastic things that attach to your doors.

lol. might as well get that urethane garden divider shit and make some out of that if you don't care about visibility.

I guess just having the hard to find and unobtainable parts for these cars makes it cool.

I get people that offer me stupid money for my headlights, but I don't know if I could replace them since I never seen anyone else have these around.

You probably can, just people don't bring them in due to the customer base is a bunch of broke ass cressida owners :)

I only bring in the ones that the matching side markers fit the USDM fenders, then even then it's hardly worth my time.

if having hard to find and unobtainable parts makes these cars cool why would anyone settle for a fiberglass reproduction of an original part?

so here's what the real deal Mark II Sedan visors look like:

65c48188.jpg

Notice how they come down to meet the mirror? Here's a perspective on how much visibility they actually cover and why they should only be translucent, check out the reflection. Also, good luck getting the MARK II cleanly in fiberglass.

visor1_zps24f71931.jpg

for the guys that really REALLY want these: start looking at yahoo japan auctions daily and get really good at distinguishing between sedan and hardtop versions in small grainy images or if you're lucky by extended chassis codes that a lot of sellers use in their ads.

I do daily searches on Yahoo-JP, and all I can say is Good Fucking Luck..........

Shit is fading away over there for these cars.

i'd quit at life if i'd spent the same amount of money i paid for my WHOLE car, on fucking rain guards... although they are badass

all this stuff is for the U.S. body tards:

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c416535720

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c418465526

even better, chrome!

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s350294796

That took all of 5 mintues to find. If you don't have the IME kana pack now you can copy like this:

マークⅡ SX80★ドア バイザー左右/雨よけ/サイド

It says Mark II SX80 door visor left right side rain guard.

fuckin' car nerds ;)

Not the rain guards people are looking for........

And head lamps are about the easiest thing to find for the X8, besides mirrors.

As they say,

C'mon man !

Back to the visibility thing.

Does a hot rod or custom car guy worry about visibility when he chops the roof on his 32 ford? No he doesn't because it looks cool and he is not worried about visibility.

Same reason I don't care if my rain guards are translucent or not.Im not driving a fucking school bus.I have more then enough visibility even if 2-3 inches of the tops of my windows are being blocked by cheap frp knock off shit.

How and the fuck would you see through chrome vent shades?? You would'nt.But they would look trick.(Yes i realize they are slimmer design)

That said I think it's pretty funny your telling people the reason you don't want these to be copied is because they would be made in fiberglass.

As far as being able to copy the markll logo.Yes it can be done.Regardless I could give a shit about a logo.I just want a set because I think they look cool.

That is how 90% of the people in SCCA do their aero :)

I'm not making this shit up !

The use carboard with many layers of house paint, some splurge, and use fiberglass resin (no actual glass).

There is lots of plywood, signboard, and other shit being turned into aero parts like diffusers, spliters, and undertrays.

Just go onto the NASA time attack sight, and read through the aero section.

Shoot if they just added 300 pounds of sand in the trunk which is probably how much all that resin weighs, they wouldn't have to worry about aero