Turbocharged400sbc

Chitown WaGN....project from hell

Yeah, the age old 'torque' claim, right before some kid in a honda civic hands you your ass...

No wonder chicago is such a shit hole, with people like you living there...

Fair enough, I figure it's more the craptastic roads but you may have a point.

I finally got to the point where I've been beating the piss out of it and first gear is nearly useless, just lights up the Mickey Thompsons. Im waiting for my 3/4 16 LH tap to finish shortening my new panhard bar.

My fat ass is slicing up the drivers side wall with the fenders and I refuse to roll them like some twat.

Unless i have too

I used some boat hull cleaning acid to wash the car and it looks a lot better... you can still see some of the remnants of the Lichen That Grew on it

Gonna have to roll em.

I modified the Techno toy tuning panhard bar and even adjusting it dead center, I can't keep it from slicing one or the other of my drag radials.

Now I got to remember where I stashed my Eastwood Fender roller I'm pretty sure I loaned it out to a buddy last year.

I should probably go old school and just use a stack of magazines

LoL, NoTech Toy Tuning.
When you really need something to fail, buy TTT shit.

I built a Watts link setup for my Datsun, and there is ZERO side to side movement.
Bet you have a lot of angle on that panhard bar.
Worst fucking way on earth to control side movement on a solid rear axle.

You are about to receive the 'Top X-chassis Bubba Award' of all time.

LoLoL

Use a baseball bat instead of magazines...
(on your head, not the Toyota)

It and the radius arms sure didn't seem that bad.

I just had to shorten it. I just looked at his website and he now sells the exact length bar needed for the mx62.

Yeah Penn Hardwoods are generally just a cheap compromise they work well enough when there's only a few guys like you or I who care. I loved the Watts link on my 79 RX7 I miss that car.

Maybe I'd make one for the Cressida whenever I get around to the 8.8 Ford rear end.

Its stock ride height the bar is actually just below level

I'm kind of falling out of favor of the baseball bat routine when the magazines and jumping on the bumper work so well

Just say fuck it, and torch the wheel wells out.

That won't make me respect you, or this build any less.

If there was rust on this thing I probably take your advice but thankfully I don't care what anyone thinks. I have a junkyard amalgamation of a rednecks hot rod with a dirtbags jap car.

Totally radical man

You are happier than a pig in shit, or is it that you are a pig in shit ?

Home town is shit - check
Engine choice is shit - check
Butchered X-chassis - check 

Finally got around to finishing the last of the mid pipe to behind the axle.

I set up the V band angle to point behind the drivers rear tire and an angle that I can do a straight pipe with the tip set up similar to the old turbo buicks slash cut tip.

just on the driver's side of the car instead of the passenger side.

The Edelbrock straight through Muffler does fit in there I kind of have to sit it on an angle. Still trying to think about if I really want to set up a 5 inch stainless "coffee can" exhaust tip on the end of it maybe with that angle kicked out to the corner like all those sweet Poopras

Well I'm going to get back to this I still have to stick a couple of sanding pads to my hands and go over this thing to give it a nice even brushed finish.

'Cause Racecar 

Regards,  James 

20220226_100634.jpg

you and me both brother.

all i can hope is that the key off power draw from the auto seatbelts results in a fire

every damned issue i come against is all toyota. i havent had any problems with the buick powertrain. now i gotta hope i can rip apart the a pillar and see what the forward limit switch looks like and if i can even find one. fuck

id probably get rid of it if it wasnt for the fact it looks so much like a 3/4 scale buick station wagon if you squint just right after slamming your dick in a car door

i started it up sans muffler. the additional piping to the back of the car sure makes the inside quieter.....

...but im definitely considering leaving it a straight pipe so i can let the 3800jz roar

On 2/26/2022 at 9:21 PM, Nigel_Vertigo said:

Of all the threads I hope stay alive, this isn't one of them.

har har hardy har 

been thinking about tossing on the turbo and snapping the weak 7.1 inch rearend

Please do.
It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. 

good point, keep it NA 3800

on a side note the toothed locks for the damn bumper cover are annoying....

working on the muffler today, tuck it up on an angle....make sure you can read the Edelbrock logo real well. pretty well decided on a 5" crome straight/slash cut tip.

still in the air on straight back or kick it out to the corner like them sweet ricecars

what do you think?

kinda went simple and polished a turndown and slapped it together with the edelbrock victor series truflo

i keep looking at some sweet old supra's exhaust and tips but free.99 beats em hands down

....god i hate these bumpers....i heard a crack as i was getting my fatass off the ground and pushing off of it.....im pretty sure the foam inner cracked...fuck

tips just barely past the bumper...subtle and classy 

cressida exhaust1.jpg

Nice weld.
Now are you going to use hay wire to hold it up, in that midwest tradition?

Was watching one of the fake auto auctions today, and a Grand National came up, I realized that the X7 is kind of like that same Lego shape as that buick POS.
So you are keeping with that whole Ronald Reagan theme, good job.

Was Shitcago have as many shootings back then, or wasn't it as woke as today?
Asking for a friend...

Thanks! I only used the baling wire to hold it up while I made the actual mounts and Hangers.

Yeah I really like this little freak as it's pretty much a 3/4 scale Buick Roadmaster station wagon. I've been wanting to use the 3D printer I've been building to print out a vertical slat Grill that would make it look even more like a turbo Brick...um buick.

I don't know how much of the underpinnings are exactly like the 7's but this is an mx62. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons why it was a 3-day road trip to the South Carolina for me to find the interior parts I needed from a car in the junkyard.... I see 85 and later Cressida's all the time but I never see one of these older ones. 

Actually it always seems bad. But maybe I'm being a little flippant about it since you sort of get used to stepping over the bodies and chalk outlines.

Regards, James W.

Oh hell, just get someone to 3-D print up a 'Grand National Wagon' badge to really fuck up people's minds.

anim_lol.gif

We built our own machine to be able to print all the way up to the extremely high temperatures of polycarbonate.

You'll notice that the build surface is sized to be able to do the entire Grille in one piece.

It will be doing a large portion of the work making lightweight parts for our twin engine Oldsmobile

back on the road again, drove about 20 miles today, no issues, exhaust is tons quieter inside the car but still quite loud when stomped on....

i think i need to tuck the tip further under the bumper.

sounds good, dunno yet how it sounds from the back...

Most V6s sound like shit compared to a Toyota in-line 6...

Jack-Webb.jpg