TheDonBastard

The (Amazing) x8 Amazing build thread Amazing

Hope you realize, that will weaken the shit out of the subframe.

You may consider under the axle braces, like all the newer big Toyotas have now.

600x450-2014022501881.jpg

Hmmm I feel like that would just create clearence issues, i didn't think about how it would weaken the subframe though cut and box it is!

Well, it doesn't in the least.

That is a picture of a car on a lift, with STOCK suspension at full extension, and there is pleanty of clearance.

Going to add these to mine, and I am not even notching my subframe.

But what ever........

I guess that's true lol is just rather not have to add anything extra like that and just strengthen the subframe it self

Haha just kidding like il ever actually finish this thing ha! Axles, arms ect are al out to make room for fender work (mutilation).CF3C4135-35F1-4A01-B47E-8098F782D82B_zps These Ames were a spur of the moment purchase, at a really good price off yjp, these are goin to a buddy. The actually wheels I ordered are much much more aggressive and shiny. Here's a cooler pic of these Ames 8E8A6286-397E-44EE-9AFB-EEE7F9D0A12B_zps

Here's a shitty pic I took I'm still not done it just got to late C0D85E66-1B85-41B9-B621-B5329549967B_zps

I Definetly cut a lot out haha but I plan on using a lot of fender to create my wide body and for future setups which will be more aggressive il have the room to work. I may cut this peice out completly

36DB4D6F-0F26-4A7C-97C3-FFA42C2B9837_zps just because I plan to make the wide body go up into the door and it will make shaping the door much easier.

I also got all the rest of the intirorr peices I needed. Going to dye them all black to have just a murrdered out cabbin A757C25C-9397-4AD3-9B68-024764B55A47_zps

I'm thinking I'm gonna do the headliner in black diamond stitch.

Also got some super mint tailights to replace my shitty ones, il be sending these off to status led for a full makeover soon 1F9D7297-D5BD-4493-B259-0CD0D8B3AC7C_zps

Super excited to see this with the new wheels set up and fender work.I like the direction this build is taking.

Thanks man, just wait for the wheels can't give up what they are but there a new release, fronts are 18x9.5 -11 rears are 18x10.5 -15

^^Looks sick^^

Now all you need is s9 body kit.

These aren't even the wheels I'm using lol I just did this for fun, and yes type 2 has already been pre ordered :)

What's the inside of your doorjam look like? Completely removed?

Your gonna spit water and road grime all over inside lol

Because race car.

1011800_10203552315796754_62610285988786

Hahaha that's my cover photo on fb, but no my door jam is still there just hammered up. And it's not open to the cabin at all. Still all closed off

All good things come from knowing how to swing hammer........

Gordo Tzu

I don't plan on tucking like this although it would be kind if cool, I'd rather radius the fenders and set it on lips of wheels, I'm more just showing the vertical room I have to work with now. I won't lie though,when I mocked this up I got kind of excited haha

Radiusing the fenders and setting the lips right up to the metal will look fucking tough as fuck,like that look to.But soon as you drive and get it out on the streets and the suspension starts moving you will bang the lip of the rim on the fender.Unless you line everything up right,or say your wheel is not that wide.But I know you are going to be going pretty wide.Good luck with the fender work though man.So far so good.I like what I see.

^hahaha, and tbone I know that's why iv been goin back and fourth between a bunch of different setups cause I can't afford to get coils and have them revalved and swift springs put on so I'm gonna have to go with the 14/12 rates which is no extra cost. so I'm not gonna be able to put the fender into the lip like I wanted. They won't be stiff enough and smack lips like you said. So I'm torn between a perfect tuck look like this

B7A76AFF-A83C-44A2-956E-220BCD6EE33F_zps

or this which is poking lips but in a way so that it will tuck when compressed.

5487799B-FA57-4846-BB55-B6A642557694_zps

I'm leaning towards this one mainly because I love the look of the body being on the ground but the whole wheel being visible . But wel see. And thanks tbone, I have a feeling your gonna be one of the few people that will like how un drivable my car is when I'm done haha.

It all comes down to test fitting,and time.

Sound like you have the right plan of attack.

Do you have adjustable rear arms? Both of those set ups are running like -10 degrees camber

Fuck this will look sick.This Is what I wanted to do but I cheaped out and never got the adjustable rear arm set.I also got lazy and said fuck doing the meatal work.Instead I used a mangled fender flare.

Fuck yeah man take the time,get the adjustable rear arms and do it right.All fucking metal.