TheDonBastard

The (Amazing) x8 Amazing build thread Amazing

Haha yea... balance is good.

I would say just use a square-ish setup. 215/40 front, 235/40 rear, or 215/225, whatever.

I enjoyed my car very much when it had 215/35 front and 225/40 rear.

I've wanted to try 235/40/265/35 but seeing as my car won't see any power this year or next I don't know. 225 is boarderline not enough unless it's a full blown S tire. 215 to turn a boat anchor scares the shit out of me.

I daily drove my cressida on 205 fronts for a while... never felt unsafe per say. Or, just as likely I'm ignorant of my safety and it was a death trap...

I notched my front top hats more just like billywho. I would suggest a nitto neo gen in 215 since you like medium grip, they stretch real nice.

i use a 235/40/18 on my car feels fucking great lots of front grip

I'm running 215/45/17 and 225/45/17 Achilles ATR Sport 2. Rear is zeroed out (camber, toe, caster) front is -3 camber, 7 caster and +1/8th toe. Nice turn in and mid corner balance. I'm not slammed into the earth either.

I have NCRA for a wider front track. Would like to go to 235/40/17 all the way around. But on the front but with the NCRA I would have to run too much - camber for it to be effective on normal/aggressive driving.

i run always small fronts, currently i have a 205/40/18 and in the rear i use a 245-285 (right now 275/35/18 potenza) cressidas are such oversteer prone cars. like Ilia said its way more badass to drive

I should run a 225 up front I just already knew space would be... Well non exsistant. Along with how small of a contact patch il putting down lol. Part of me wants to do flares up front part of me wants to say fuck that s9 fenders are too cool. Also Yosh, iv seriously contemplated selling my stances and go toward 326 but too much time and effort wasted for something that really doesn't need to be done.

Don I've been looking over this thread and you do understand that your springs havent settled yet right? Or is that not a thing because you upgraded them?

Also I'm running jzx90 rears (jic magic) and I had to max them up to not fully tuck tire

215/35/18 up front.FTW

Yes!^ so with the coilover maxed low And collars in with the spring dropped all the way down this is the result C07171ED-534D-48ED-B645-C4882936A3D6_zps

Also got the rear radisused. I can't go more until I have my 225/35 595s these still hit with that much cut out. A8683104-B943-4558-ACA8-112F90676163_zps

Wait until you road test it and the suspension fully compresses.

I hope you gutted the inner skin where your door jamb is because you need to pound it up with a hammer.Under full compression the tire wants to rub on the door jamb.

Fuck I originally bought a 245/40/18 soon as I put in on the car I knew it would'nt work.

I would assume you have already re-routed and tuck your main electrical harness that runs up in the front fender.You're low enough now to have your front tire rub right through that shit.

Yea I'm going to have to cut up higher for sure. And the 225/35 will help a lot. Yea I re routed the harnesses inside the bay. I think I'm gonna cut and box in the front higher for more clearance. I was told I can up rates 2k without re valving so I'm gonna do 14/12 swift springs

Well the whole point would be to not have to re valve lol. I'd like to do more but I don't want to send them in for re valve. Anyone ridden 14/12?

So finished my gauge panel and wiring all gauges in. Didn't take any pics but it looks decent, I have to borrow battery's from other cars so anything power or electrical related right now is a bitch but finally got around to it. Also my headlights don't work now all of a sudden so that's cool, only brights. In other news tried fitting the works to the is. Fronts were perfect but rear tires Were too big to get to a decent height so just slammed it instead. 8AFFDA78-07AD-4786-BEF8-DD78CA1D7AC8_zps

8070E33D-E564-4E8B-BFE2-91181B1AA8B8_zps

D1521C18-E550-4D63-9CFA-AE66D14775FB_zps

And then the increase camber from lowering blew out one of my almost gone tires... Closest spare I could get my hands on to get home was one of l works lol F70BD3C7-8C2E-4D85-BA04-C74EAA72994C_zps