TheDonBastard

The (Amazing) x8 Amazing build thread Amazing

Hmm, I actually dig that idea a lot. It opens the door for a totally custom setup to make cool stands, any angle and any position. But on the other hand I do kind of like the look of the fat stands from directly behind.

Good and bad news... As expected with these cars. Rear coils still being weird. This is fully maxed out..... Not even making contact 9E71C8CB-2EF3-42BE-9B40-E0F55ACEC479_zps

The guy iv been emailing at stance hasn't gotten back to me for like 3 days. I talked to Gerard to compared measurements and spring bottom mount and fully shock body are all the right size.... Which leads me to believe wtf. Also front fenders don't fit at all... Lower arms are pulled all the way in camber is just from milled tubes and top hats this is how far they are from fitting

AC847A2A-ED49-4B2E-AE14-F6C4362F957C_zps

(Before anyone gives me shit the filter is literally to cover the intake tube) 6041FDBC-697C-43C0-B250-F31EEBC1C6BA_zps

It looks cool but is no where near mounting correctly. And I figure extending the lower will give me more camber but push out track width too far to fit these still.

Wait.... Are you trying to fit the fenders to the wheels or the fenders to the car..? I milled out the front camber plates for more clearance like spooklover did.

I am so confused.

Remove your wheels, bolt your fenders on. Then apply camber until the wheels fit. What's the problem?

What size wheels do you have?

The rear coilovers... just lower them until they're maxed out. Then droop spring. If you can't do that, pull collars. If you can't do that, buy a shorter spring.

Front camber is maxed on top hats, on top of my milled tubes I have about -7ish right now. Fenders won't fit. Il try extending lower arms but that will just Increase track width and fenders will continue not to fit. Billy hoo i was thinking that, or the serial nine nca's. Ilia I can drop spring and pull collars for maybe 2 3 more inches, but this is maxed ou And I'm not even tucking tiare. We're yours the same?? Wheels are: front-18x9.5 -11 rear-18x10.5 -15

I can't imagine these stance coils to not tuck a 40 series tire on a 18 inch wheel when fully maxed. I need to make sure something weird isn't going on before I remedy the problem with shorter springs

fuck fenders. pick a tire and wheel size that works for you and beat the body into submission. space the fenders where they bolt on if you have to.

also set your suspension geometry for optimal performance. trying to alter your geometry to fit the body is seriously stupid.

also set your suspension geometry for optimal performance. trying to alter your geometry to fit the body is seriously stupid.

Zoku I knew that when I ordered them haha. And metal body isn't the issue, clearance inside is actually quite nice. The fiberglass is the issue, Chris I thought about it but it would space my corner lights out and I'm so ocd I couldn't have my front not alighned. But I am... I'm going to do everything possible to retain as much performance as possible but at this height.

Ilia did your rear coils really look this high maxed out?

excessive camber to fit your fenders without rubbing vs. setting the geometry to suit your driving needs and making the body work to clear.

I have no good static photos of my car's rear height.... only photos in motion. This is the best one I have that shows the height:

11017201_824326844287570_333315584354605

That's with all the collars maxed out, but no collars removed. If I removed collars it could go lower in the rear, but the quarter panel is out of travel. I plan to go lower for next season.

I have 18x9.5 -1 front on pulled metal fenders with +1" control arms.... you should be able to use those FRP fronts no problem.

I found this pic ok insta. I guess your a little higher then I thought you were currently F573ED6B-35DC-49C6-AF75-DA5B92E85E9C_zps

And do you mean all collars maxed out with spring dropped to the collars?

Front is way way higher right now because 225/40 RT615k is a gigantic tire. I'm going back to 215/35 next year and lowering the car in front again.

The rear height is the same in both of those photos.

My rear, everything is all the way down. Damper inside of bracket, collars are all the way down onto the bracket, etc..

Yes, absolutely.

I really don't like high grip setups for a few reasons.

1. Drift cars are not supposed to pivot around the front tires, they are supposed to be chucked into the corner and all wheel slide with the driver crossing his fingers and the audience expecting a crash.

2. Low front grip makes you drive the car much much harder, and promotes exciting driving.

I typically try to have medium grip tires whenever possible, like Yokohama S drive at most.

See:

If you don't drift like this dude, you suck. :D

Sorry for taking this off topic.

This forum is all off topic.

The reality for me is I might slide my car a couple times a year. Other than that its pretty well on road trip duty, and I'm not a fan of catastrophic under steer on a mountain road plowing towards a 250ft drop.