TheDonBastard

The (Amazing) x8 Amazing build thread Amazing

I'm sure some of you have seen this c34, it's quickly becoming one of my inspiration cars, between the rocket bunny wing, super low on 16s and camber all around. Its really making my boner hard to tuck away. 7A256004-5CDD-4319-A6ED-E6807808389A_zps

Solid, or even poly subframe bushings make a fucking world of difference.

With stock, even not worn out, the whole subframe moves around, and makes the car twitching.

I used to have poly, that I had cut down from Mk3 Suckera, that worked great,

but ended up with a set of serialnine from Kyle, that are installed now.

Not sure if XM's are poly, or not, but they also make some.

And if you are planning any clutch dumps, or other agressive applications of power, do solid diff mounts, and..........

Weld some more steel into the subframe, thread about it all over here, and in my build thread.

Or not, but plan on buying another subframe down the line when yours cracks.

Word I'm gonna grab some then it will give me something to do while I wait for my coils and wheels ect. As far as beefing up the subframe it self should I just add that xm plate? Or I saw you added a bar to yours. I don't plant on breaking 400 hp this year but I will be sliding it constantly

I have the xm plate in my car now.

It deffinatly helps. My odd clunking noise disappeared when I installed it.

I have the xm plate in my car now.

It deffinatly helps. My odd clunking noise disappeared when I installed it.

Haha word, was that all you did to strengthen the subframe?

Well since I have the ma70 diff housing with a spool in it ( 4 point mount) I figured it was a good move to do the x plate too with the xm hard mounts.

Now the weak link seems to be the two peice of shit drive line. The center mount is taking a lot of abuse.

The front plate (that XM doesn't make), and rewelding everything is where the most strength comes from.

The back can do without, if you just fully weld in the sleeves that the bushings press into.

The front plate (that XM doesn't make), and rewelding everything is where the most strength comes from.

The back can do without, if you just fully weld in sleeves that the bushings press into.

Cool good to know!, il probably tackle that here in the next few weeks, I just hope it warms up again, my non insulated, non heated garage stays like 10 degrees colder then the outside temp, it's bullshit

Dude, please stop quoting the post above you. We arent inbred 240 retards, we understand who and what youre talking about.

Also, that c34 looks nice.

(Edit for typo)

Had a c32 once.

Haven't seen one posted here yet.

Thanks, fixed the typo.

Dont blame me for asking you to stop, its actually part of the rules and will get you banned. Lookin out.

Funny thing about the cefieros ; the laurel was a way sexier car but they had no B pillar which made the chassi's weak so lots if guys chose the c cars and grafted the front end on and did a ass end swap.

Either way the rb20det was a vagina engine.

you can always do this and weld some triangles on the weakest points

1384385_539930119420164_1614731915_n_zps

1379831_539929432753566_162821669_n_zpsa

Haha word then thanks for lookin out, and that's hilarious about the cefieros. And hmmm interesting, should I add that bar? Iv seen that multiple times

It's just something I seen in Japan, did it to mine, and several other people followed.

Depends on what you are planning to do with the car.

Well sad day those mickey thompson classic 2s are discontinued :( so the hunt for other wheels continues, iv been talking to bogart about some they can build any spec $588 for all 4

5F122B4C-BDC9-4955-8E6A-F43B7AD24EF0_zps

1BD5FBFE-8197-4018-8519-5DA8EC555244_zps

Still want to do 16x10 I'm almost open to do 15 but i would just have to run such a tall tire to be able to even drive, because I plan on going so low

$588 for all four wheels?...the pricing on their site seems to indicate that that is per wheel...?

I'm no sure if they make 17s they might, and damn the way we've been talking through email made it sound like it was for the full set, but I guess he could be talking about one wheel lol il have to clarify that

In other news my tax return was huge so once that comes in serial nine/ stance coils will be ordered. The mickey thompsons being discontinued just through off my groove lol