Gordo

X8 sway bar mount kit for 280Z sway bar - Sold !

My old 280Z sway bar mount kit that I have been using for many years.

Just pick up one of the 280Z (or ZX, I forget) 20mm bars from your local junk yard,

cut the ends to 6", and with this kit it will bolt right into an X8.

Comes with Energy bushings, and new heim end links.

Becuse the clamp-on heim joint mounts, and centering collars have reducing bushings, you can go to an even larger aftermarket bar (7/8"), just by taking one set bushings out.

A little more civilized than the big Largus bar, and is excellent for the street.

$65 + shipping on a direct purchase.

Here is the eBitch listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201005022943?item=201005022943&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#ht_669wt_996

Don't know.

What do you have for suspension now?

as far as rear suspension goes bc coil 10k spring rate... xm arms and pillow ball mount... baby 10mm sway bar still in place

Don't think so, depending on tires, you may have too stiff of rear springs.

More sway bar in back will just make things worse.

Maybe try something softer in the back.

10k would be good if your running wide, sticky tires, or you want to slide the back end a lot.

I normally run decent adheasion tires (was on Toyo R1Rs, now going the the Dunlop Direzza-IIs),

and all I run are 6k rear springs to get the back end to stick (road course type handling).

Because of the softer spring rates, I then use stiffer sway bars to control body role.

Now if I throw on some R888s, or a slick, then I would go to stiffer springs front & back, like 14k/10k.

And maybe stiffer sway bars.

gotcha... main purpose of the car is drifting and the traction isn't terrible I guess just upping the tire size would do seeing as I only run a 235 out back...

Is it leaning a lot in the corners ?

A larger front bar would ballance things out a little more, maybe........

Things like tires, and track surface make a huge difference, even ambient temp.

What works one day won't always be the best the next day, or the next course.

And unlike a drag strip, lower tire pressures doesn't mean more traction, higher (to a point) will make the back bite better.

Do you have softer rear springs ? like a set of 9s, or even 8s to play with ?

But having vids of your car can help you see what's going on.

I watch really good drift cars, and they are dead stable in the corners,

then I see many others that are trying to compete in a series, like a few guys here, that when they are in the lead, look pretty good, but their competion is glued right to their ass. Then when they get the follow position, the competitor flat runs away from them, and their car is rocking & rolling & twitching trying to keep up.

That looks to be car set up.......

And the only way to get on top of that is with seat time, and trying combinations, and recording that info in a log book.

Then when you get to an event, and the car is doing something you don't like, you can make a change (from past experience), and dial it in.

But the down side of that is test time costs drifters a lot more than other types of competition due to tire costs..

I used to have 20mm bar with 10kg. I went back to 10mm

how come im planing of doing the same thing

sorry about the thread jack but thanks a lot for the input... no I don't have any springs to swap in and unfortunately my car is still ugly so it doesn't get much media coverage at events but to me it doesn't feel like its rolling a lot its just when I put the hammer down on exit or in a larger turn to me it feel like I don't pick up much speed... I guess this season I will have to try and get some video and see... until then im gonna up m tire size and see how it feels... you think if I mess with the dampening some it could possibly help?

Probably not, dampening just helps to keep tires planted over rough surfaces, and entering corners where body roll could upset tire contact.

I'd offer you a set of 8k springs, but I only have one set, and don't want to get rid of them.

Could bring in more, but the cost would be up from what I am selling my surplus for.

One thing that changes on the X8 rear geometry when it is lowered, is the tension rod gets closer to horizontal, and you lose some of the designed anti-squat, which helps push the tires down towards the pavement.

You could correct that by rasing the front attachment points up about 3 inches.

You don't have to go larger, but better tires will help.

Look on-line for the places selling used road race slicks, that would help a bunch.

They can be had for a little as $50 each, with pleanty of rubber left.

Tread on tires folds over alowing lose of traction, slicks don't do that.