Sign in to follow this  
swim

JZS147 fags - HALP!

k so I wanna make my JZS147 stupid dumb hyphy stancedbro in the summer and I'm hoarding parts to do so right now

few questions

1. everyone uses JZZ30 and JZA80 coilovers on their JZS147 from what I can tell. I looked up the stock struts, and the fronts interchange, but the stock rears are about 2-3" taller on the JZS147 (can't tell exactly because the rear tophats seem like they make up a little bit for the longer shock). does this mean that A80/Z30 coils will already get the rear of an S147 dumb low? I generally tell fortune to shorten their shocks around an inch when I order coilovers, I might only have the fronts shortened if that's the case. I don't want it to wind up like my X8 where all the way raised up is stupid slammed so I have no height adjustment and can only run one tire size and still lay frame everywhere. basically what I'm looking for here is confirmation from anyone that had normal-ish Z30/A80 coilovers that they had enough threads in the rear left to run the frame into the ground.

2. I need RCA's. JZX90/JZX100 will work. What are some decent ones that you can actually get your hands on in the US?

3. I need to do this.

1489204_10152120989653349_1100426751_n.j

does anyone know a shop they trust to mod knuckles? maybe I should call XM? either that or parts shop max, cor integrations, abercrombie motorsports, or one of those companies. it's a relatively simple job, but I also value not dying, so I'd like to send it somewhere rather than letting just any asshole with a welder dogfuck it.

Coilovers: Get JZS147 ones . You are right they Sedan ones are longer. JZZ30 will bolt up but will probably be lower even at they're max height because of the difference in length. I just got PBM JZZ30 ones. I'll let you know how that goes. They come in today according to usps tracking.

RCA's i just bought a set of Club Lexus.

Knuckle/spindles: I emailed PBM, who did the ones pictured and they won't do it without the car being there. I'm sending mine to "streetfaction" and they're going to shorten them 20mm. They do a lot of LCA lengthening for s-chassis guys. I'm waiting to source an extra set and those will be shipped off as well.

Good luck.

@streetslidersla on IG, right? dope, I didn't know you were on here. can't wait to see how yours turns out.

but yeah dude let me know how those Z30 coils work. fortune auto only makes Z30/A80 coils, and I get good deals on them and they've got a fast turnaround on custom valving so I like using them.

Swim,

Yea that's me. Thanks me too! I'll keep ya posted. I was gonna post in here but wasn't sure of the reception it'd get not being an X chassis lol

i ran mkIV supra kei office jams. shit got slammed, could have gone lower than i did, but i was already bottoming out upper control arms in the front.

3cf0c50a.jpg

ae1ef437.jpg

do you remember where the rear coilovers were in terms of ride height? did you have to run them all the way high or did they still have a decent amount of adjustment

i know you could've had a somewhat normal rideheight with them, my rule of thumb is always go all the way low and live with it on street/drift cars. geometry only matters to me in grip cars. i remember raising the front a smidge because control arm bashing was unbearable.

well I'm just wondering if inch shorter shocks in the rear would be doable. I bet it would, and that way they'd get cool ride height on a z30 too.

I mean how low are you wanting to go. Above pictures are on 18's, except the fno1rc's that are 17's. you could probably tuck wheel on the 18's, and definately 19's.