Sign in to follow this  
sundee

1jz vvti mx73 conversion

Alright, ive been sitting at this computer all day trying to find info on doing the wiring for the 1j vvti into the x7 and ive found nothing.

i mean, ive found random stuff from guys that have had issues, they mention a heap of connectors but that is all.

i can't even find myself an x7 wiring diagram! am i just blind or stupid? (this is one of the main things i need)

anyway, ive found some stuff on the Jzx100 ecu pin outs...

im surprised that no one has done a how to on this yet?

im not very good at wiring at all, so if anyone can give me some tips on what to do and what goes where etc that would be awesome.

i can physically do it, solder and do it right, but electrical i just suck balls at.

I am keeping the mx73 cluster and would like everything working as normal.

i have found some info on the tacho board mod, but nothing else...

if your reading this thinking, "this bloke shouldn't be doing this conversion"

its just wiring im bad at... ill do a full write up on everything once its complete.

cheers for any help

What i need to do:

link ECU into x7 dash harness
wire fuel pump
get all signals to dash inc. RPM, speed, water temp, CEL.

i see some of your guys on here are pretty nazi, but if you can cut me a little slack, im colourblind so this stuff is pretty hard for me.

Your kidding, right ?

Cut you some slack ? LoLoLoL !!!

Post titts in your intro, and we may go easy on you.

Don't, and we will rape you.

what's color blind have to do with continuity? Find a factory wiring book on ebay, and use a multimeter to make it happen. We don't hold hands here, we lead horses to water. If the mother fucker figures out how to drink, we keep em around. If they stand there waiting for someone to put the hose in their mouth, we shoot em.

Somebody get the shot gun....

The stuff you need for connecting to body harness you can find here on jzxp

It's easy like 5 wires

The other part is just giving grounds and power from your fuse box, might have to open up harness and run wires different

how about just look how to put a nonvvti in its the exact same thing... basically...

I was busy hanging a elevator at the 38th floor earlier so I couldn't hold your hand like I will now.

Heres all the info you need for the body plug, btw you only need the yellow pug and its something like 5 wires

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=4940

Heres a x100 serv manual in russian and a japanese ewd

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=9248

Get to know toyota abbreviations for components etc because that's what you gotta do. IIRC the russian one has wire colors labeled correctly in english abbreviations. The japanese one has the toyota abbreviations written clearer.

12v to your injectors, iac, ign and other components using electromagnetics are mostly from the same fuse, iirc, just set it up similar to the x100 diagram. Powered sensors share the same supply but separate from the other electromagnetic components, set up like x100 again. ETC, LOOK AT THE FUCKING DIAGRAMS DUMB ASS.

X100 fuse box is in a different place so you just have to find the wires and....At your fuse box you'll have a couple connectors for feeding power there, hey look at what shit they feed power to on the 5m, retard. You just have to run wires there and hook them into a connectors in the correct fashion then plug them in FUCKING DONE EH.

That's why there is no guide, its fucking easy. I understand if you are stupid or new to cars there's some learning curve but you can't even search these forums and find the information here?

Also buy a multimeter and learn to check continuity, then you can double check or find out shit check such and such wires.

Oh, did we interupt his mating ritual with a sheep ?

btw I did this and im color blind.. Trusting the colors is stupid because you have no idea if the harness has been repaired and the correct colors were used. Pin-out will get you exactly what you need.

Also there isnt a confirmed "mod" for the x7 cluster last i checked. but the good ol 8920 will get it done

connect the ecu power directly to a seprate battery thats how i got my cressida running

It is a little more involved on the vvti harnesses just based around how they send power through the harness and where it comes from. My suggestion is give Mark Panic your money and have him figure it all out for you so you just plug it in and go.

I did this swap for myself this last year and have been driving it for a while, but I don't share secrets.

Hint: Blue plug towards ECU end with 11 black/white wires.... that's SOME of the power wires needed to be hooked up. And that source on the X7 is in the engine bay near the fuse box.