Sign in to follow this  
joooeone1

1jzgte vvti Headgasket

so im planing on getting my engine rebuild this Xmas and i will like to start ordering stuff ive allready ordered arp headstuds my next thing on the list is a 1j cometic gasket wich thickness will be ideal to run stoc boost? and probably later on 20psi

Just add the amount taken off the head to the size of the stock gasket. Gordon probably has a more in depth process but that's the basis I've always gone with unless you're trying to increase/decrease compression.

Your refering him to a 7M guy (me) about head gaskets ?

Oh, I get it, you made a joke !

Ha Ha Ha........

But yeah, you got it right.

fuck that. bump the compression. thats what i do. spool is all sickkkkk.

more compresion? i was planing on getting a cometic 1.3 mm head gasket

I run a .8mm FET..........

Anything over 1mm is whimpy.

Yeah breh. More compression means mo powahhh. I think my engine is 10 or 10.5:1. It rules.

Running more boost isn't always a good plan. Making more power is definitely better.

raise the compression with a thinner one and then get cams with some decent overlap/duration and BAM best of both worlds

Just get a stock 2jzgte one from Toyota. Then get a stock jzx100 ecu since you don't know wtf you're doing, and absolutely nobody will put a better tune on your engine at that level than Toyota from scratch. Safc on stock jzx100 ecu to pull a little fuel here and there will be as good as it gets.

Bottom line, stock or small turbo keep stock ecu. You fucked your engine, fucked your wallet, and made less power guaranteed across the board than a stock ecu would've.

thats is true but remember its a vvti theres probably a diference in the head gaskets........so 1.3 migth be a good idea and just run stock boost

You're a fucking idiot. Go buy a ford festiva like a proper Mexican. Or z24 cavalier.