lucas

MX83 Clutch Pedal Kit

1456.JPG

1457.JPG

1458.JPG

1459.JPG

1460.JPG

If you're doing a 5 speed swap on your MX83 chassis, you're going to need one of these. It's the only readily available clutch pedal that's a direct bolt in for the MX83 chassis requiring no modifications to the sheet metal on the car to mount it up, only some trimming on the sound deadening under the dash. The MX83 has factory mounting points that we've utilized along with a new clutch master for a Toyota Celica ('90 -'93). This is a direct bolt in fitment that clears the wiper motor in the engine bay and sits the pedal nicely in the cab. The main bracket is formed 1/8" steel and the hanging pedal arm is 1/4" steel on a 12mm pivot. We've also provided all the bolting hardware for the clutch mount and the master cylinder hook ups along with the master cylinder.

We also have clutch line kits for W58 and R154 transmissions.

THIS KIT INCLUDES THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER.

Price: $ 186.00 / each -------------------------------->Clutch Pedal Mount Kit W/MC

Awesome product to bring to the market! A great price too for direct bolt in product including the master. Does the pedal sit at the same depth as the brake? Just curious as I just installed my MKII pedal (modded and reinforced, and that same master) and the pedal sits slightly farther back than the brake.

Suggestion, to buyers hit up Autozone or O'rileys in the HELP section for a pedal pad. Part #20723

Thanks for the response guys.

Does the pedal sit at the same depth as the brake? Just curious as I just installed my MKII pedal (modded and reinforced, and that same master) and the pedal sits slightly farther back than the brake.

I haven't played with it myself, but I'm willing to bet the pedals sit on the same plane. It was designed to work and feel proper, so with everything there should be enough adjustment in the master to get the pedal where you want it.

As for the pad, the pedal is 100% fabricated so I don't know if an OEM replacement part would work but let me know if it fits.

I'm just gonna have to say you guys are catering to some real faggots here on this one. I can't believe people will actually pay for something like this. We are officially the new 240,

I just passed on an X8 set-up in Japan for $25......

Didn't think anyone would pay $75 for it.

The Wilwood/Howe/Tilton single pedal assemblies run about $75 at most, with another $50 for a master of your choice of bore size.

Wilwood single pedal assembly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilwood-Brake-Clutch-Pedal-Assemblies-340-1290-WIL340-1290-/321137157860?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item4ac54426e4&vxp=mtr#ht_4063wt_993

gordo, the cressida-nation guys want something totally bolt-in and made for LHD. the extra cost is for convenience. i have a mkiii pedal that i modified the bracket for, and probably the same celica master cylinder. fits and works like oem, but a lot of people can't be fucked to go to a junkyard or parts counter.

Ewwww you have junkyard parts on your car?

I honestly don't care if XM is selling this. Doesn't bother me at all and I think it's cool people can get it if they want to.

This is cool and what not but it seems to take the fun out of things.

I have the same setup as ChriSOL and it was seriously so easy & satisfying making it fit like stock,

I feel like some things should not be this easy then we will have tons of "MX83drifter's" everywhere.

But definitely cool nonetheless!

but if we make new faggots all of the time by making the chassis more accessible, we get more people to abuse and belittle to make ourselves feel better about our poor choices in life. also, the cars end up in the junkyard sooner that way.

This is a cool addition to XM's lineup of X8 stuff, but people that are prone to fabing stuff themselves obviously will never buy it. This is for people with more money than time, and It's nice that they at least offer it.

Now we just need rear upper control arms ;D

I get the "shit, gonna bring in fanboys" response. There is that side of the equation, but dealing with finding the right parts in the yards, fitting it to the car, drilling holes in the firewall and dealing with any clearance issues can be a bitch.

Given the possibility I would rather have something that bolts in in less than 10 minutes and fits the first time so I can spend less time under the dash and more time working on the fun stuff. Like motors and suspension.

really it just makes the whole experience of finding what you need in junkyards and doing the work that much more worthwhile for those who are able. i look at it like this: when the bandwagon riders buy a cressida, they usually start stockpiling parts. when they sell their shit, this is one more thing you will see thrown in with their "package," or you will start finding brand-new XM parts FS in partout threads for cheap.

Nice setup!

Gotta love bolton parts.

It was a bitch to source the pedal I used and even more to get everything lined up right, I would have definatly just ordered this if I had the chance.

Keep up the good work.

why only the x8. dammit rich don't leave out the x7 guys.

I think its being worked on but Im not 100% sure.

well you have it already, the x8 pedal will adapt just the same as the mk3 pedals. HOWEVER.... how about something to adjust the rear camber. you know them x7's are gnarly when you drop them low.

Up here in the NW these little parts are getting very hard to find. Going rate for a sourced MKIII pedal is now around $75-$80, then you have to do the work to get it to fit. Mind you, it is easy for most of us, however the thing that makes XM awesome is the fact that parts are made on the basis of demand. You have to understand how many people hit Rich up for almost every part to complete their swap. When he hears people asking for the same thing more than 20 times he starts to think about producing it.

And in terms of the fanboy big picture, just judging the types of cars on the Cressida Nation page, it's going to be a bunch of 5-speed swapped 7M kids that will sell their car after 3 months of doing the work. But then there will be 5-speed X8's on CL which isn't really a bad thing.

It is when they won't take less than 2500 for a bhg car with a w58 on cut springs

"takes the fun out of it".... are you fucking joking?

finding mk3 supra parts is not fun

laying upsidedown in the footwell and drilling holes through the firewall is not fun

dicking around with stacks of washers and shit to get the master cylinder to not bind up and actually reach the pedal is not fun

finishing your swap in less time is fun

driving your car is fun

good job XM