Okidriftjr

Drift motion Turbo kit reveiws

I know some of you guys out there have had experience with the DM turbo kits.

What are your personal or second hand information on them.

I know the turbos themselves are not of the best quality like a garret or precision etc.

Just figured this might be a good starter swap option.

Opinions?!

Get one of the smaller ones. The big one is laggy. I've been running their T66 or whatever since 2008? No problems. Loads of power. Laggy on a 1j.

what additional upgrades did you have to do besides the turbo kit. ??

ecu?

injectors?

manifold?

4drspra just start another thread for that in ground hogs day instead of thread jacking

I think their prices are decent and would have considered one if they had for a vvti 1jz. Or get everything besides turbo then get a holset.

I've seen the 60-1 57 trim turbo do a couple of years of drifting comps, and still worked when it was replaced with a bigger unit.

the manifold you get in the kit needs bracing too, they are cheap. nuts/bolts are pretty crappy too. but it's a budget kit. I wouldn't use the bov/wg if it's still the china ones they used to put in. Buy the kit without those and buy your own good units.

i cant speak from experience but i feel that i have read alot of negative reviews about them not lasting

The turbo? It's using Turbonetics guts. There's been no problems with mine. I need to make it spool faster and crank the boost up. Otherwise it's good.

I haven't braced the exhaust manifold. No obvious cracks or leaks. Not daily driven.

Odom dailys his 1j to work everyday... About a hundred miles a day... And the kit is going great without any problems...

Good Info on the WG and BOV. Fortunately I have a Tial BOV already on the car and an older (still functional) trust type R WG from my old 20B FC build from when I live in little man land.

I was worried about the DM exhaust mani and was looking at the cx racing one as a substitute ( I know it will need lots of internal clean up with a dremel).

Unfortunately my boys in japan said that with shipping and purchase, it's not cost effective for them to send me a top secret T4 manifold as compared to what the Egay ones go for. I have some excellent fabricators and welders at my disposal at work.

I'm going to do the single swap this winter in prep for next season, since I don't want to rely on the twins that are in there now; steel wheels and all beside the point.

I just wanted to know if the DM units come with all the little odds and ends needed to make the swap possible rather than sourcing ever single item individually on my own.

I want GT35 performance and their price point seems close to what I would pay out if I pieced it all together on my own. I don't mind going journal bearing vs. ball, because the ramp up time is minimal.

Never liked the holset squirrels since they don't have shit for turbo mapping available and those fuckers are designed for diesel engines mostly. Not knocking the holset's, just don't want to go down that road again.

their kits are pretty complete, i dont think you'd have to source out anything besides the intercooler stuff...

ps, holsets kick ass

Its says on the DM site that they use Garret internals on their turbos.

Odom is running a 6262, dunno if its a precision or a DM turbo. forgot.

As for Holset HX35's, on my 2j its maxed out already at 18psi. Tuner tried running it at 22psi but it wasnt doing much. Although, hitting full boost at 3300 rpm is awesome. haha.

Pretty sure if you get in contact with Aaron at DM (if he's still into talking) they can just sell you what you need.

i just spoke to A-Aron not to long ago when purchasing parts for my 5spd swap. he was really helpful with getting me what i needed, as well as mary(?) i