Sign in to follow this  
4DRSPRA

MX73 custom one piece

custom one piece drive shaft fits MX73 with a340 transmission. wont work with manual swap so my loss your gain. i paid a grand for a local shop to build the fucker and then swapped for a fucking 5spd. i hate my life. please dont jew my to hard i need to get a new one piece made.

LoL !

What dumb shit pays money for an auto one piece driveshaft ?

Wait, I did..........

But at least I only paid $350 for mine from The Driveshaft Shop.

Good luck with the sale.

I'm just going to stick mine in the closit, and forget about it.

how did you swing 350? i was a little upset when they told me the price because they built me one for my chevy and it was half that

Found their add in a mustang add, called them, gave them a credit card number, and a week later it shouwed up at the door.

But it was a lot of years ago when they were still up in New York.

But fuck, a thousand ???

They just quoted me nine hundred and change for a carbon fiber shaft.

You must have 'sucker' tattooed on your forhead or something......

yea you got raped and like i said for supra r154 you can just use the supra front shaft w/ x7 hanger bearing and x7 back shaft or get raped again apparently since youre awesome at price shopping.... like gordo said there are mail order companies that will do it cheaper, not to mention companies that specialize in supra/cressida/jz swap items like custom driveshafts.

i would use the two halves if i still had the stock driveshaft.

its a 3 inch aluminium drive shaft and it has custom made aluminium adapters that replace the rubber factory hockey puck like things. like i said i used that company for most my cars and they have done alright by me just this one drive shaft ran me a bit more than i anticipated. i think it was also in part that they had to remove and replace the exhaust but still .....

Whole different front yoke, and to lengthen it, the complete tube would need to be replaced.

so wait what the fuck is this for? you bought a custom shaft for a a340? driftmotion sells them for 350

but if this is for a a341e into a x7 I might be interested as long is its under the driftmotion price.....

If anyone cares, auto trans on a vvti 1jz uses the same yoke as an R154.

umm i have a vvti 1j trans and it has the same fixed output flange that my 2j aristo had

Sorry, I guess JZX100 auto trans is the one that uses the same yoke. I had two sets, both JZX100, auto flanges slipped in same as R154, both transmissions went to the dump.

4dr you have a vvti 2j trans. All 1jz a340 and all ge sc a340 and a340s on m series shit have same yoke as r154