1j240z

1JZ VVT-I Engine managment

Well I will be a guinea pig when it comes to MS3-Pro. Not to mention everyone has their preference, Im happy as long as it manages the motor! Also last I heard MS has a tablet app so I can have a heads up display or even adjust my tune on the go.

nah, either jimmy hoffa or foompla is running ms3, says it's working

i using one to not a presolder one i did that part myself and a friend i like it its preatty cool but i do rather have the ms3 pro

I'm running an MS3X and my car runs better than stock. If you have a half-decent understanding of electronics, can read a wiring diagram, can solder, and can read, you can build, wire and get one running. The reason they have a bad rap is that people do shoddy jobs of building their MS or wiring their cars, then they take them to a tuner and bitch and moan when things don't work and the tuner spends all their dyno time chasing gremlins.

The MS3 Pro is the same circuitry as an MS3x but all surface mount and fully potted instead of a bare PCB and a bag of solder yourself components. Be sure to buy the full version of the TunerStudio MS and megalog viewer software. They're worth every penny. Especially their autotune features. My fuel map started out as a really rough basemap, and with nothing but a lot of hours of driving around with autotune on, a bit of cranking/warmup enrichment tweaking, and a bit of IAT correction between cold and hot weather it's really solid now.

Awesome, thanks for the input. Im really looking forward to getting it installed. Im not worried about soldering either, I have to do it from time to time at work so I have some experience with that. I also work with wiring so that is not a problem either. Once its running I will post a video of it on here.

Its starting to be alot of 1JZ and 2JZ VVTi's running MS3 and MS3 Pro now... I have seen alot of threads about management of the VVTi-system.

Managing VVTi needs some serious skills though, as its RPM and MAP based. None of that information is "easy to access".

^dafuq?

I'm not sure what you mean by easy to access, cam phasing on an rpm vs load map is hardly exotic.

the only pain about VVTi is that it needs to be closed loop control for it to work right but once it's implemented correctly, tuning it isn't difficult.

once you set it up so the ECU can hit it's target cam angle, the "spec" is whatever you want it to be.

this is akin to asking for a "spec" for boost pressure based on TPS% and RPM. or fuel based on MAP and RPM, or timing advance for load and RPM.

That's BS. Any current standalone worth a shit will control vvti. Don't be a peasant. Spend some money.

this made me laugh so hard. Ty mark I need this how much I owe you

bumping this up, because now I'm starting to worry about my x8's setup

I was planning on doing 550cc injectors, intake, FMIC, the kinugawa stock location 60-1 or tomei ARMS, Ace-Up turbo elbow, a 3" straight pipe, replacing the electronic BPV with a normal one, and probably tomei poncams.

motor came with an auto harness/trans/ECU, but they dicked me on the igniter and MAF.

by the time I find a JZX100 M/T ECU, get a MAF, decent piggyback (probably AEM F/IC I guess), I'd have been way better off just going MS3pro from the start, right?

igniter can be found at any junkyard, I'll sell you a maf for a good deal, auto ecu works fine. Soarer auto ecu in my daily right now. Ask demesio to sell you his emanage.

I have an igniter kicking around too I'm pretty sure.

I've read about stalling issues with the JZX100 A/T ECU when you manual swap, pushing the clutch in at idle.

AEM F/IC would be nice because you can use it to transform a speed input to keep the ECU happy with the trans swap.

get fucking real swim. that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. The ecu is gonna have no fucking clue whether the clutch is pushed in or not. If your engine stalls when pushing the clutch in at idle, you most likely have crankwalk. I have both a jzx100 manual and soarer vvti auto ecu, they both run the car the exact same, only difference I've noticed is the auto ecu throws the cel for sub tps and fpc, whereas the other doesn't display it, only stores it and is visible only when actually checking.

also, emanage has a speed sensor dedication. But I have no speed sensor input to either ecus, doesn't make a fuck. Now on the drive by wire ecus from jzx110, you might have issues. Not 100 or soarer though.

I had similar problems when my iacv started fucking up. after getting it in the home position I unplugged it and I never looked back. Haven't had the issue since. Both that thread and forum are retarded. I have no iacv, no bov, no tps, and I drive my car daily and don't have these issues. You're really worried about nothing. jzx100.com is a fucking joke.

Not to step on anyones toes but I'm also gonna be selling my emange in a little while with the map sensor and univ harness. I already have the MAF delete working... if you buy demesios I will also give you my tune file, which will need some tweaking since I lost my good file but its driveable with this one, I would start tweaking with stock injectors before you put in big injectors though that way you have a good base line since you are just changing % and you need a wide band to tweak it. All you'd be doing is changing the output V a minor amount in a few places on the map. IIRC it would hit fuel cut around 4000rpm because the output voltage was a bit too high so that would be one thing(it was rich too).

Either way just send me a msg if you get a emanage and want the tune file, oh yea its also posted on this side in the emanage thread iirc so you could always just use that as a start, u don't need a maf to tweak it just a wide band and getting to know the limits of the ecu ex below a certain voltage at part throttle ecu jumps into lean mode for cruising.

I used speed output from the inst cluster to the emanage

My IAC never worked and it started in -50c, and started all winter, summer too of course

Also I have a hpi downpipe if you want that, I only want 300 for that

Emanage launch control is pretty awesome too

pew pew

Do you lads have link over there? Seem to be popular enough over here... Then power fc, power fc are silly expensive here for the technology they have. I paid 1200e for one for the jzx90, would have got a brand new link for a little more.

I have a power FC on my vvti 1j. There seams to be a hesitation around 2600ish that's like a light switch. it will start to make power then hesitate then full on power. I don't think this is normal but have never messed with a vvti. The timing jumps from 18-19 to 26-28 right in that area. Any idea about this or am I am being picky?

Note: this is a PFC for a 100. I bought a 110 and converted it to a cable throttle.

I went back to the tunner today. He got 99% of the hesitation out apparently the gain on boost controller had the turbo building boost so fast that the VVTI system was adjusting and there was a load seen so it dumped fuel. All in the tune.