tuner4life

Tuner4life's 1991 Cressida Drift Build

Hmm... I'll have to look into these options. I like the driveshaft disconnect idea, but curious about the longevity. Oh well.. By the time I decide to do something about it, I'll just buy a real trailer.

Anyways. Took the car for a little drive the other day.

IMG_20150327_172142141_HDR_zps0do3uxel.j

Stopped at the parts store

IMG_20150326_185558225_zpsuoqsw7vx.jpg

And spent the rest of the evening taking the dash out in preparation for the roll cage that is getting done next week.

IMG_20150330_210014329_zpsqhs6y1di.jpg

Last night I installed the updated steering rack bushing from XM. Night and day difference. steering is much more precise and doesn't wander anymore.

Also I remember that someone was looking for a picture of the drivers side header. So I snapped one of those while I was under it. I know it's a crappy picture, and you can't really see much, but there is a good size notch in the header and the rack is moved about 3/4" to the driver's side.

IMG_20150331_191343962_zpsmhcesdps.jpg

Quick update, the car is having the cage put in this week. I'm pretty excited. However, as I was loading the car on the dolly, it developed an oil leak.. From what I couldn't really see from the top side, I suspect it's coming from where the oil filter housing bolts to the engine, but I'll figure it out when the car comes back I guess.. I need to change the clutch and shifter bushings anyways.

Also, After I changed out the rack bushing to the updated XM version, the car not only drive much better, but the steering is actually firm enough to be able to dolly the car backwards. Before, it would sway all over, but now, with the wheel ratchet strapped straight, it made the 2.5 hour trip just fine and pulled much easier than facing forwards. Still need a real trailer, but I can make this work for now.

IMG_20150405_122841518_HDR_zpsifqsm9n2.j

Loving the rape van though

Tangent.. I love my van! The only thing wrong with it is the paint.. It's a 1985 G20. 305 with a 4 speed manual. It's pretty fun to drive for being the automotive equivalent of a barn. Only has 67k mi. If I ever stop using it as a work truck I want to go full 70s with it. Flares, spoilers, side pipes, cragars, the works.. I'm already stock piling interior parts.

IMG_20140726_235255879_HDR_zpsvbxhohar.j

IMG_20141023_152052367_HDR_zpsae8rn4nt.j

IMG_20140716_202314858_zpsqhhvvwwg.jpg

Dude, you better follow through on the a team theme. With a plate that says vandlsm

haha van is classic and glad that car dolly worked out anything is better then nothing

Yeah.. I really wish IN would get off the rag and let people get vanity plates again..

Thanks Gibbs. It works pretty decent considering.

I say A team paint scheme, but green team color stripe instead of red.

Did you change the front crank seal? I've had it fail on two of my swaps after being too lazy to change it before installing the engine. Fucking thing dumped oil like a mofo when the old seal failed.

And only weigh 35 pounds each.......

And say 'cheap ass'.

Go buy some real wheels.

Yeah, crank seal was fresh less than a year ago, It's coming from the driver side front corner of the engine around the area where the oil filter housing bolts to the block, but I didn't notice the leak until the car was on the dolly and we were getting ready to leave. I'll find it quick when the car gets back home.

I have "real wheels" now just haven't had time to mount the tires. There are pics about a page ago.

Your forgiven......

you're going to love my new spare wheels, gordo. they're from an explorer. glad we have fords for an abundance of cheap wheels.

LoL, I use infinity G35 17" mini spares for skinny fronts at strait line (how to fall asleep at 150+ mph) events.

Have a BBK throttle (meant for a ford) on my supercharger set, and the blower is from a ford.

Was running a BBK (meant for another ford) throttle on my old induction.

Am running a ford 3G alternator on my new build.

And have been eyeing aftermarket el-cheapo mustang fitment wheels to put slicks on for the track,

but nothing as ugly as those stang wheels. They didn't even look good on the stang.....

You could just run light wheels, and fill the tires with water to add weight to get the same evil handling :)

Some lawn mowers have big cast cement weights on their rear wheels, that would be another option.

Lol.

Picked up a Mishimoto Radiator and a large 1995 Taurus 3 wire fan. Shouldn't overheat anymore.

IMG_20150409_224140397_zpsmbtegffr.jpg

Set that fan on the ground fan side down. Hook up to a battery.

Instant hovercraft!

Those things move some serious air!