tuner4life

Tuner4life's 1991 Cressida Drift Build

Tis but a scratch..........

Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-py

Well, it was a nice car.......

Pretty much. It was never meant to be as nice of a car as it ended up being. I'm fairly OCD about my other cars, and I had to promise myself not to get too attached to whatever car I found to drift.. The fact that the guy that did the body work and paint was a perfectionist didn't help, but time for more power and cheap replaceable body panels..

I know a place that will custom blow-mold shit out of tupperware type plastic.......

But wait, that would cost $$ as he would probably want to do like 50 pieces of each.

Get a new trunk lid.

Moloest that rear quarter some more,bondo it up.Prime it.Block it.paint it.

I have an x8 trunk lid I will sell.$150usd obo.Plus shipping.

I literally just scrapped the quarters yeaterday. Why don't you sell that and buy my NEVER drifted roller with all the same suspension shit done, but upgrade to Jz. I also have an entire extra set of doors, trunk, and two extra manageable hoods on top of the nice original one. Stripped and ready for cage. C'mon, you need more to do than the van this drinking season

While I appreciate all the parts offerings I am pretty confidant that I can find a few blown up x8s locally over the winter that I can scavenge body parts from.. Kyle, while the idea of a clean "never drifted" shell sounds wonderful, the thought of moving the cage and all the other work involved just wouldn't be worth it yet.. Maybe in a couple more years if this car takes more pounding..

That being said, how much for said rolling shell? Or all the spare body parts if willing to separate? I've been living in rural Indiana for over a year now and don't have a spare car behind my barn yet.. Maybe it's time to start.

Maybe in a couple more years if this car takes more pounding.

Two events, two crashes.....Do you really think it's going to last 2 years ?

Maybe if you are going to play Dicky Drifter (drift version of ricky racer), you should just build a tube frame car, and hang X8 'glass panels on it.

Eh.. It might last, it might not. If not I'll find another shell when it gets to that point. This one is still perfectly usable

And I ran 7 different events this year at 5 different tracks. Out of all that seat time there were only 2 mishaps and neither kept me from driving the remainder of the event. I can't be too upset.

ricky-bobby-jacket-900x900.jpg

one of those hoods is prob mine so there's provenance there. bought from a wannabe sellout years ago and drifted into a ford CUV wrinkling a tiny corner on the driver side. i'm sure i cockstamped it if you're looking for DNA.

Time for some wide quarter panels maybe? I BTW looking good man keep it up

Thanks Joe! In due time. I have a bit of work to do over this winter. May take it very easy next year and only do a couple of events and work on building the car. Wide fenders will happen somewhere in that process.

Every time I read about you saying your car is underpowered there's only 1 word that comes: Boost!

Yay for spare parts! I drug this home over the weekend.

IMG_20161030_145433748_zpsvv4ztxnc.jpg

Spent just barely over scrap value and got a straight rust free shell minus drivetrain and front fenders. Also included was:

-3 extra doors (2 front and 1 back)

-1 extra trunk lid

-2 extra grills

-2 extra diffs

-extra set of headlights

Not sure exactly what the plan is yet, but it never hurts to have spare parts.

I'll look when I get home. It's blue, but idk condition..

If it checks out it's yours for shipping + $5.

i need the trim that has the clock and vents if you wanna get rid of stuff... if you dont break it when you remove it..

Center armrest is garbage, The worst I've seen.

Demesio, The dash panel looks to be in good shape. I'll pm after I get it out unbroken.

is that an nra sticker in the rear window? iphone resolution image is not confirmable.

i need the center plastic that covers the steering column if thats in good shape let me know!

better just mold one and make it yourself, even the "good" ones will break if you breathe too hard

Threw away like 3 of them recently. None broken. The JDM ones are even more tricky, have a couple supplemental clips the x83 didn't

If one of the fiberglass laying guys would make these, they would make more money than selling their wavy bumpers, or '82-ish oldsmobile rear over fenders, or pitiful street style front bumpers.

That is if they could make them right...

I know, a it's a lot to ask for. :wacko:

The plastics are not present.. They may be burried somewhere else in the car, but it was pouring rain last night and I didn't dig too far..

And not NRA sticker

IMG_20161102_195815736_zpsqrybc93s.jpg

Out of hibernation.. Going to be taking it easy this year. There were some rule changes in the Pro-Am series that will involve me having to modify the cage for wheel intrusion bars, on top of that they are requiring Hans devices this year. I'll eventually get around to those things, but I don't see the point until I have enough power to be competitive. Going to do a couple of bash events and save money for next winter when I'll do something to make more power..

For now though, I have been getting the car ready for a small event at Speedrome this coming Sunday. They have done a lot of work to the track and facility and it should be a good time. Changed oil, transmission oil and differential oil as I do at the beginning of every season, Also got the quarter panel straightened out enough for now and stole the zenki taillights from the parts car. I'll run those for now as I've broken all of the Kouki tails that I had.. If someone would make cheap ebay style red/clear tails like the 240's have, that would be great.

Snowing last night, event on Sunday.. No worries, it's Indiana. If you don't like the weather, wait an hour.

IMG_20170301_202745_zpsxrdeaclm.jpg

IMG_20170302_220206_972_zpsesbkc5h2.jpg

Poor Kouki tail :(

IMG_20170302_211233_zpsxdi0yt30.jpg

I also went out on a limb and hopped on the Joe's Aero front fender group buy. Despite some of the things I've heard, I am happy with them and will be awaiting his revised rear overfenders too. They look nice and fit nice. The surface is a little rough in spots, but looks like it would smooth right out with some high build primer. I'll be saving these for next winter's rebuild.

Here's a test fit on the parts car. Wheel fitment is crap but you get the idea. Should look great with a widened front track.

IMG_20170125_174815_zpsnksuux6t.jpg

IMG_20170125_174800_zpslwon3m3v.jpg