tuner4life

Tuner4life's 1991 Cressida Drift Build

yeah, they are, but that explosion of nationally known popularity has only been in the last few years. used to be just retail sales and some shaky sponsorship of s-chassis drift cars in the early 2000s. glad to see they've really taken off now.

i almost picked up an ES250 bumper from the junkyard. fitment is really close, but still sticks out further than it should. my biggest problem was a lack of intercooler opening, but might be a better fit for your car. with a lip added, of course.

ford taurus side skirts off mid 90s fit great. picked mine up for $15 and snagged a Volvo 940 lip for $10. both are abs so they can take the abuse. i'm fairly sure the M5 skirts on the early 90s will fit nicely as well.

taurus skirts

cnpca2310-vi.jpg

e34 skirts

DSC02224.jpg

I've been eye fucking everything for skirts lately

Hmm.. That's good to know about the Taurus skirts. Going junk-yarding this weekend so might pick up a set to play with. I wonder if I can trim them up and keep my mud flaps ;)

The day I see an M5 in the junk yard.. lmao

there's an E34 in my local yard. does it have to be an M5 to have those skirts?

screw mud flaps! unless it's a rally car.

revel, you ignorant newb.

Taurus skirts are too short for the X8, and so close to the stock X rocker panel stock profile, it's hard to see any difference,

other than they are too short.......

That is what I was going to do, before I bought my BN set.

But screws, or pop rivets. Make it much easier to replace a crunched one.

By the way, anyone want my BN set ?

I kind of want the concave style people make for the IS.

One, uno, 1, first......

But shipping to Canada would kill you.

Chris, no on the auto pissed style.

Kind of like them due to the way they flare down at the wells, but are too rounded for good air control.

These are the one's I'd like to go to:

s-l1600.jpg

Someone up here has already went to them.

screw mud flaps! unless it's a rally car.

^^Amen brother^^

revel, you ignorant newb.

Taurus skirts are too short for the X8, and so close to the stock X rocker panel stock profile, it's hard to see any difference,

other than they are too short.......

unless you get right up on them you will be hard pressed to ever see it......plus $15. the fact they closely resemble the factory rocker to me is a good thing. just slightly more pronounced than factory.

If the Taurus skirts are just a little bit too short, that's a good excuse to leave the mudflaps ;)

That being said. I did not find any in usable condition in 2 local yards.. Evidently those cars were such crap that the local junk yards rarely even put them in the yard before crushing them.. Oh well. Still stock with hater flaps for now.

Did a cruise in/benefit show on Sunday at a local brewery (The only place where us Hoosiers can legally buy a drink on Sunday). So that was fun.. Proceeded to sleep the rest of the day.

IMG_20160529_113723105_HDR_zpsi59q6uqz.j

All I need to do is get more tires and I'll be ready for MDU Round 2 on June 25.

Things I learned today.... Hoosier is more than a tire brand....

Yeah, there is a whole big world out there outside of facebook........

I was trying to fit in with the rest of the stancers, and wanted an easy exit in case that mustang behind me got rowdy.

Not gonna lie, I am liking those IS skirts. Temptation has set in. Sucks they just throw Taurus' straight to the crusher. They were crap tho.

IMG_20160603_074304073_zpser9jpg01.jpg

Not much to report recently. I drive the car 30 miles to work about once every week or 2 just to keep things circulating. Temporarily gave up on junk yard body mods.

Repaired the connector for the temp sensor so now the temp gauge works again..

Also, I hadn't done my annual spark plug change yet this year. (Runs stupid rich and ruins the plugs). And ended up having a slight miss/stumble on initial throttle under load. Threw a new set of NGK Iridiums at it and all is well again. I keep forgetting how much of a difference new plugs makes in this car. Very noticeable. I guess I'll just add them to the off-season to-do list and save a headache mid-season.

Pro-Am Round 2 is coming up this weekend. The to-do list includes:

-Finish off the nearly used up tires currently on the car in some creative fashion.

-Acquire/mount new tires

-Wash car

-Load everyting trailer/van.. (Working on a charging station in the back of the van for Impact gun batteries).

-Go to bed at a decent time the night before an event for the first time ever.

There is an event each of the next 3 weekends, so that should be fun.

-June 25: MDU Round 2 @ Lucas Oil Speedway Indianapolis

-July 2-4: Midwest No Star Bash @ Gingerman Raceway South Haven MI.

-July 10: Drifting demo at Import Face Off @ Lucas Oil Raceway Indianapolis.

There was just a little bit of rubber left on the current back tires and I couldn't justify taking them to an event like that, but also couldn't justify throwing them away with tread left.. So yeah... Even let my wife and my brother have a try at it. Good times.

There is some decent video too.. I'll try to upload it this week.

IMG_20160620_210541555_zps1ed5grds.jpg