tuner4life

Tuner4life's 1991 Cressida Drift Build

You got a steal deal on that trans!

I'm about to pick up a freshly rebuilt r1 with the mc parts and all 3 forks.

Probably gonna just sit on my old one until the prices are crazy

Chris, I met someone on my recent travels who has 30 + 2jz cars sitting in a lot somewhere in the country outside Tokyo. We all know why. I would say it's good business.

Body is still a little wrinkly, but it's as flat as it's going to get without having to repaint and all the tire marks are gone. It will be fine until I find a spare parts shell to steal from.

IMG_20160512_225433_zpsrtwtfoi4.jpg

IMG_20160512_200023143_zps0essxaee.jpg

Currently trying to figure out the best way to shed some weight in the doors while retaining the power windows.. Not sure how that's going to go yet.. Already shed some lbs by trimming out some of the hood bracing, Going to do the trunk too, but the doors look mostly structural and not sure how much I can safely cut..

Looks pretty good for on the fly repair,and no bondo.

Just get some used doors,and a fender from a wrecker if possible.

If you have door bars in your cage then the rigidity of your actual doors doesnt really matter. Figure out how much you need for the window regulator to stay solid and cut everything else. Or cut it all and build bracing for the window regulator/tracks/etc.

Personally I like having a door that keeps it's shape when it isnt shut. The doors you see on FD cars are just the outer skin and some bits to keep them bolted together. They shake in the wind and change shape every time you open/close them.

Didn't work on the car all weekend.. Too busy doing yard work and mowing. I did however hang my new awning for the shop (compliments of Jaguar). It has built in flood lights for the yard :D

IMG_20160514_182639484_zpsaztfkvxu.jpg

Awning is sweet!!! Fuck that jag hood,grille,and headlights must be worth a few clams man.Baller status.

Thanks. I actually picked the hood up for $25 at a local Junkyard discount day.

Added hood pins because racecar and because I got hollered at for not having them last event. This thing is filthy.. Need to buff the whole car so that if matches the shininess of the crashed doors where I buffed the tire marks off.

IMG_20160518_224039_zps6c2r5zfl.jpg

Currently working on a replacement hood lift strut setup. Hoping to have it figured out tonight.

It's called a broom stick.........

i just used vice grips on the blown struts.

i have a really long 3/8 ratchet extension because my car is ratchet. could prob weld a universal to the car and make it operate like a hood prop

I seen titanium hood props in Japan, so I made one for my datsun.

Maybe I should make some for the X-chassis, and get rich.

Never happen, all you fucks are broke ass cressida owners.........

Hey Gordon, I think I'm gonna learn to weld that stuff. A good friend is helping a startup company distributing Ti fab materials. Said he'll give me scrap.

Im amazed the factory hood struts still work on my pile

Hood struts are on. They are 50# shocks from Attwood and some cheap ball-stud mounts. Very close to stock mounting location too. Lifts my gutted hood just fine, but might be a little light for a stock hood with insulation and all that.

Car is still dirty, pics are still shitty.

IMG_20160522_222957660_zpsxo0vhrar.jpg

IMG_20160522_221931359_zpsgt30hwiy.jpg

IMG_20160522_221912529_zpsd0mln0js.jpg

New junk yard Volvo S90 lip fitted. Not even clean yet.

1463952907267_zpsskmmv6hd.jpg

Rice:

1463952965526_zpsgafzvdoa.jpg

Also redid a set of my unbroken taillights. Redded out the turn signals, blacked out the reverse lights. Slightly smoked, and redded out. All using black and red night-shades paint and regular clearcoat. Done correctly it doesn't look like most shitty fanboi redneck tint jobs around here. I'm happy with how they turned out. Pics don't do them justice in side, but they look great in the sun. Also used LED plate lights.

Fixing the saggy bumper issue this week.

IMG_20160522_221613818_zpsijoh4sgq.jpg

IMG_20160522_221626872_zpsjerrmrhh.jpg

IMG_20160522_221659549_zpswxk2rpyg.jpg

Also found that my fuse holders for my fans somehow got all cracked and busted up. Going to pick up some replacements tonight. Still want to wash and cut/buff the whole car this week, and need to get more tires. Should be good to go then..

Was mowing most of last night and didn't get much else done, but I replaced my cracked/broken fuse holders with this sweet ricey unit that I picked up on clearance. Woo hoo.. It was nice of Mishimoto to have threaded mounting points on the radiator to mount the bracket to..

IMG_20160523_221527664_zpsyebvpfhr.jpg

Back on the ground.. I got the body as good as it's going to get for the remainder of this season. The front fender is the worst, but the doors turned out decent. Then I buffed the rest of the car and called it a night.

IMG_20160525_204312176_zpsnt7tmued.jpg

IMG_20160525_204259545_zpsn2nonc9d.jpg

IMG_20160525_204244080_zpsn26cy0bs.jpg

IMG_20160525_204220431_zpscvne5tlr.jpg

it's still weird to see enjuku logos on car nowhere near florida. damage doesn't look that bad considering. sucks, but glad to see you still holdin' it down for the stock bodies :)

I thought they were fairly popular everywhere. I see enjuku all over the midwest.. But I'm pretty much only friends with car people, maybe that has something to do with it.

It's the eternal struggle keeping the stock body.. It definitely needs something below the front bumper more than that lip.. I was thinking of playing around at the junk yard and looking for a stock bumper off of something else and using the lower portion under my stock diving board.. 90's accord maybe, idk.. Never really liked how the top fit from them, idk.. And it needs some sort of side skirts because the stock rockers are ugly.. Then I might as well get a body kit, but the only body kit that I really want costs enough that I could use the money to actually make the car fast... It's a viscous circle of indecision.