tuner4life

Tuner4life's 1991 Cressida Drift Build

Its Gingerman raceway in South Haven MI. It really is huge! I was in high third gear for most of the course and there were only a few spots I could link.. I've got some neat videos too. I'll try to get them lloaded here tomorrow

Fucking awesome man!

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r401/tuner4life2/1991%20Toyota%20Cressida%20Drifter/th_long_zpst5e3uq4z.mp4

And this one is a 7 min long video of 3 different runs. Not really the best laps I had, but it was pouring rain and kept having to wait for slower cars. Bonus slide off during the second run.

Drove it to work yesterday and realized that one of the camshaft seals is gushing out oil at an alarming rate.. I thought i changed those.. Maybe I didnt.. Who knows. The engine has 200k mi on it, and that is the first mechanical failure on over a year. Guess I can't complain.

Mmmmm... goat.

11235441_10153275312839691_1482129963651

Did the cam seals the other day. Really didn't take that long. Drove it a bit and it doesn't leak anymore. Gonna do more skid racing this sunday

IMG_20150523_201701630_zpslxj9ow7v.jpg

That track looks fast and fun!!!

It was very fast! Over 80mph on some of the entries and sweepers. My car was a little low on power to really be able to power through some of the sweepers like I wanted, so I kept having to carry more entry speed than I was comfortable with to be able to hold drift, hence the countless dirt drops.

I'd love to go turbo, done a bit of research already. Needs a R154 first though.

Also moving and reproducing this year, so progress is kind of moving slower than I would like.

Did more sliding. Car did great. Ran almost non stop for close to 2 hours and never missed a beat. The taurus fan and mishimoto radiator cured all of the overheating issues (this is the track that it was overheating badly at last year). Only issue is at the end of the day it developed a miss. Seems to be minor and it will occasionally fire on all 8 for a few seconds before missing again. I'll pull plugs and check all that crap sometime later this week or next week.. Who knows. Not in a huge rush because I'm out of good tires again and really need to fix some of the cars that I actually drive on a normal basis... Plus in the middle of a move and having a baby in 5 weeks... Might lay low for a little while and quit wasting money for at least a few months lol.

Anyways.. Enough bitching. Here are a couple pictures..

11018813_10153321883920139_8424136660329

11334208_10153321883390139_8334489497652

And all cleaned up in the driveway at the new place.

IMG_20150529_165738835_HDR_zpsnmx5lkre.j

There are several neat videos from the event, but I don't feel like trying to transfer them from facebook to youtube to here... etc...

Nice setup. Wheres the video of 11's in front of the shitty neighbors house?

Friends don't let friends rock mud flaps on late 80's early 90's sedans hommie.

Track pick is sick.Looks like good times.

the thought of JZXP folks reproducing concerns me a little bit. but congrats on the house and offspring!

LoL !

Na, we need more insane people that throw their lives at an old Toyota.

Maybe in 20 years I will be hazing your kid in his/her intro........

Oh, and in typical JZXP fassion,

pictures of the preggie lady, or bull shit.

Am I seriously the only person who thinks that the flaps look good on a stock body?!?!?!

11s in front of shitty neighbor's house will happen as soon as I diagnose the miss and get some tires that hold air again.. There are mini "11s" in the driveway picture to get you by until then.. ;)

I promise to instill all of the bad decision making into my next of kin... For now I'm still trying to come up with some ironic/witty "baby on board" bumper sticker.

I'll see if I can catch a picture of belly later.

If your mud flaps aren't smashing the ground then the car's not low enough imo.

Just this once though they do look okay on your car,but I will always hate them lol.