Sign in to follow this  
4DRSPRA

5spd swappin

what about the speed sensor on the transmission? the x7 uses a cable to operate the speedo and since the computer wont be controlling the shifting does that need to be plugged into anything.... like on of the speed sensor plugs from the auto? the auto had two speed sensors on it and now i have these two plugs with no homes

you dont need the electric sensor or those ones with no homes

so they can be left unplugged or do they need to go to a power source like the OD and ETC plugs

Hey Questin Man,

When you get down to trying to insert the driveshaft yoke into it, please spare us, and ask your girlfriend how it goes in.

(yes, you will need a little lube)

yea make sure you plug in the OD, definitely want that to work

I thought you needed a phaze converter to use the OD on a 5-speed swap ?

Only if you wanna keep the a/c on at freeway speeds

This thread should be stickied, as part of the official JZXP smart-ass manual, as guide on how to properly torment newbs.

old man i hope you break your hip

i broke mine, it sucked. your old, it will heal slow

Thats why I don't race flat track any more......... :(

The desire is there, and I doubt that the skill to go sideways at 70mph, feet up has gone away,

but I doubt if I can still bounce down the track like I used to when I was in my 20s.

One of the reasons I am not overly impressed with going sideways on 4 wheels.......

I'm pretty sure you'll bounce down the track exactly like when you were in your 20s. The getting up part is what will be different. I've been debating recently about getting a skateboard for this very reason.

yeah the bouncing never changes. its the ability to get back up and do it again. have you seen the documentary on any sunday, best flat track racing scenes ever!

I just love JZXP !

You start a thread, asking for info, and it's like throwing throwing a question down a black hole.

You never kow where it's going, or if any good info will emerge somewhere, some time, at the other end of the universe.

black-hole9.jpg

like i said earlier in the thread, its why there are so many threads asking the same questions. because the person asking the question has to sift threw so much BS to find the answer

You should try CressidaForums then, hardly anyone posts there.

Nice clean, short threads.

But no answers.

We don't hold hands here, but we will use your thread to practice our twisted humor.

if it doesnt have answers what use is it to me then?

i can humor your humor if i get some useful info out of it from time to time

Well, there you go.......

Every once in a while we will feed you a little good info, to keep you on the hook :)

Now, what was your question ?

(I'm feeling helpfull, for maybe the next 30 seconds, after all I just helped out a knob on a supra forum)

seriously i am still questioning the validity of the answers for the questions pertaining to the plugs. i have counted a total of 4 plugs that i have disconnected. the 2 VSS sensors and the ETC and OD plug. not to mention i have the big fucking plastic gear selector thing that i am wondering if i can hack off or do i have to keep it wired up. i already jumped the 2 wires for the neutral safety switch.

Sorry, too late.........

Tech help is down for the night, maybe the rest of the year.

Here is a clue,

You have no overdrive, so why worry about pugging it in ?

And there is no way in hell to get the gear selector lights in the dash to work with a 5-speed.

You have the nuetral start thing figured out.

Now just figure out the reverse lights.

And do you have anti-lock brakes ?

If not, forget that shit too.

If so, and you don't have a 5-speed with the speed sensor, your fucked, go back to skate boards, or buy a trans with the sensor.

Now I am going to go shoot myself, for helping a newb......

I feel dirty.

dirty old man. giving candy to the youngins'

i wasn't sure if the circuits needed to be completed or something. stupid jew kyle told me to run them to a power source so then i questioned if the other plugs needed to be on a power source.

no ABS that shits for girls