Sign in to follow this  
4DRSPRA

WTB LSD (not the drug kind)

looking for LSD diff that will work in an X7. or any ideas on how to make the stock diff LSD. buddy of mine said that a detroit 7.5 locker will fit in but i call bullshit. any ideas?

ya that fits.. better off selling x7 buying real car unless you wanna blow up diff and diff =)

i have a real car, and it has a posi rear end that hold 500+ hp no issue. so i imagine that somewhere out there over the rainbow is a LSD that will hold a piddly sub 400hp x7

You should also get a solid pinion spacer, as many rear end failures can be traced to the pinion nut backing off, and causing the gears to eat themselves.

oh a real car? im sorry

wont change the fact that toyota uses a CRUSH sleeve spacer to space the pinion bearings but im sure you already knew that...

a posi rear wont stop the pinion from colliding with your ring -_-

also once you sort that then your axles stubs start to fail.. but if your stock 2j shouldnt matter

Do reading celica supras have the same rear diff, if you gonna go for higher power start stocking up on diffs and upgrade one like suggested. I just exploded my lsd 3.73 diff the other night, wasn't hard to do, just sliding around some pillars and let off the gas and BANG.

This^ Celica Supra diff shimmed. BadaBingBadaBOOOOOOOM!!!

celica supra rears are the NEARLY the same ax x7, their rear is set up slightly different, although you can get it to bolt in, it will sit at a slightly weird angle. due tot he celica supras having inch or so spacers at the top of the subframe where the diff mounts... I didnt belive it myself until i actually looked.

That being said, i have blown up 2 celica supra lsds and a open diff all on a shitty slow stock 1j....

so ya

The IS200 has a 7.5 diff, and I see some some serious turbo builds on that 2-liter without the diff blowing.

That is wht I bring in the Torsen that comes in that car.

yeah but its really kinda hard to find the celica supra LSD, at least all the yards around me have none. i am on a stock 2j and prob gunna keep it as such, it aint for drifftin or hoonin around just a quick little grocery getter. i didn't know about the crush washer being an issue unless you where clutch dropping and putting exorbitant amount of stress on the rear end. remember my junk pile is auto so aside from the occasional burnout or i just want to be able to whip it around corners and not break loose and shit for fun

gordo i am interested in that torsen but i am low on cash at the moment and gunna try and talk my girl into buying me an early xmas present. if not hopefully you still have it in a month

are you kidding me? the econo yard had like 2-4 celica supras last time i was there, and i drove from flag to check it out...

I wasn't particularly hinting at doing a celica supra diff, was suggestion looking at the celica supra forums for information on the locker because you didn't believe, while its here too they have a big thread on it. Celica supra diff isn't any stronger. I watch the celica supra forums for parts also and have picked up a diff from there 4.11 lsd for $50.