Hachi Ichi

X-81, blue on blue thats fucking ross.

Nope, on the 7MG.

Came that way in their MX83, and the 7M Crown.

I truly fucking belong on TC.net now, i put a 7M-G back into a car after i made the first crucial step of pulling the old one, sad !

16142233_1400570543295082_46359395082896

your sunblocker made me think:

what if there was a cressida featured in the cars franchise? would performing an engine swap be akin to gender reassignment surgery? would it be more of an asshole before or after? would mel gibson provide the voice talent? would it's name be prounounced "CRESS - ih - duh" in America and "cruh -SEE - duh" in NZ/AUS?

Mel gibson would voice it and the car would fucking hate jews. it would likely kick dust up at the Geo Metro wearing a kippah. After going from Cress to Cresslyn, it would likely be more of an asshole, bit weird seeing as a "better working 1JZ" shouldn't be similar to a hacked up inside out cock.

weird.

It runs.

But for how long ? Need to sign up to TC.net while its going tbh.

After driving my partners 171 Athlete V, I feel as soon as this blows up, I'll look into a 2500 Turbo. 1000x the power and uses 1 HG over a reasonable amount of time as opposed to weekly. Next post will likely be of me parked up on the hard shoulder with steam rising tbh

16826196_1429536883731781_50853746243423

Do things right, and you will never blow another 7M head gasket.

Do it wrong, and you will be changing them out once a month.

But even if you do the HG correctly, and try to drift it, the oil goes to the back of the sump, away from the pick-up, and you lose the rods.

Better give up now, unless you plan on driving it like your grandmother.

By the way, does she ever take nude selfies and post them on line ?

I do plan on driving it like my grandmother would, she's dementia ridden and lived with us so i'll ask her about good christian motoring. Shes also not aware what a selfie let alone a camera is anymore, so i'll get back to you about the nudes Gordo !!

This motor is on a resurfaced head / Metal HG with correct torque afaik

That's only part of it.

The 7Ms, due to improper torque from the factory 20+ years ago, develop a depression in the block from the stock metal fire ring from the gasket wiggling. You will see the ring around the bores where it the gasket sat.

That needs to be lapped, or machined out.

The heads get soft on the exhaust side due to heat from the exhaust ports, and the aluminum under the head bolts relaxes, and caves in, down the bolt hole.

Read Quake's thread on SupraForums, it has the cure. A simple stepped washer from ARP prevents this from happening.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?683040-finally-an-answer-to-the-7m-head-gasket-issue&highlight=

And if you don't lap the head & block, you will forever be chasing an over heating problem due to high pressure combustion gas (around 1000 psi) blowing into the water passages.

This is of a freshly machined block, and head.

They both looked great when I got them back from the machine shop, but once I run the lapping plate over them I could see the trouble.

DSC03003.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

Should look like this:

DeckSurface-7.jpg

Now you see why the 7M is such a shit engine.

They are just too sensitive on the gasket issue.

Little things that would never effect a JZ, are failures waiting to happen.

Its irritating because from reading, i gather that "the fix" only works in conjunction with a head that hasn't gone soft, in an ideal world, you'd start with a new head that hasn't undergone any heat cycle (or overheating).

I love how Gordo can scientifically explain why the 7m is such a shit engine and should never be trusted, yet he stays completely loyal to it anyways. It would make for a good romantic novel.

"50 Shades Of Smoke" perhaps?

........my first 7m with rods knocking on start. Pretty sure they're just supposed to do that.

Probably true.......

This one is 136 k Miles on Headgasket #? right now and no noises, The above statements make me feel a little better tbh.

I've reached my like quota for the day.

now we know that 0 likes = daily quota. Round o' hate for the boys.

Well, look what I turned these 2 X8s into...

tumblr_os5fziRI8J1s9ykkdo9_1280.jpg

Pls lower ASAP. I love these things, but they need to be stupid low.