Hachi Ichi

X-81, blue on blue thats fucking ross.

very cool. i like how simple you've kept it, even while it was shark nose.

whats the difference between your previous bumper and this new one? they both look like short bumpers to me

The late model are longer top to bottom in the rear at least.

Here is the early model bumper, it stops much higher, All 3 have the same rear bumper changes.

14712563_1294127843939353_14956389094384

sorry, i meant to say rear bumper, the front i know the difference.

is it that the rear bumper is also longer and connects lower? having a hard time seeing due to the dark blue colour

@battleaxe you can kinda see it here as the x83 has the kouki bumper on zenki chassis, and in the back is the zenki MarkII

299C92CD-FE00-44C4-98BD-109580F44AE9_zps

Buying a new daily next week, a friend would rather cash that to keep owning it

MX83 MARK II Sedan (Grande G 3.0) Will make a comfortable daily compared to the shitbox Move

So many options in it !

FCWDr4X.jpg

hzIIiY7.jpg

What is the chance it will stay stock ?

REAR WIPER!!!

I should be a good goy and leave it stock to be honest. The blue one is the one i get to mess with, even though a 7M-G daily sounds fucking stupid.

Insane level of options on it, so far i've noticed,

TEMS (standard on this grade)

A/D (standard on this grade)

ABS (Standard on Grande G)

Air Ioniser

Pioneer optional Audio

Plastic monsoon weather shield

Rear Wiper

OEM Toyota Trunk mat

Digital Dash

There is a wrecked JZX90 locally, so grabbing the 1JZ-G from that may be a far better idea that trying to keep a 7M alive.

with the front end (lights and grill) on your car, i cant figure out what model and trim thats from. i went looking on yj for that front end and kept finding everything but...also learned a lot of models i never seen before and factory options i had never heard from. i got a gx81 chaser front, but its the squarer of the 2 and has a small bit of trim on the bottom of the corners and headlights, unlike yours. i had a friend locally who had the same front as yours but i could not find the gx81 front on yj like that, many other weird options. i hate that toyota has this many options and nothing fits, everything is different. i like your front end because it matches our usdm models with no mods and have factory fogs.

Lol@Trailer hitch

Rear wiper wtf?

Pics of interior please.

Interested to see what becomes of this 83.Clean and mean for the win man!

@battleaxe gordo brings in the complete sets w grille and corners every once in a while. i have a few sets of the headlights sitting around w the driver side broken due to stupid shit.

I just can't understand the lineage of all these models. Im curious to see my gx81 chaser front when it gets here. I can source the parts, but I couldn't figure out what to look for. Went through over 50 pages on the gx81 search, found everything but, it seems. Learned a lot, but not what model they come from, all I k we was gx81 markII and Chaser, but chaser proved wrong, as did markII ...iunno

I just go by the pictures, as I have never figured out all the body options on those things.

They must have been optional when buying the car new.

But the ones that I bring in are rare, and finding a full set (head & corner lights, and grill) takes a lot of time.

The hardest thing is finding the damn grill.

use toyodiy, theres a model gode following the chassis number like gx81-aepqk.

the stuff youre talking about that fits the cressida body panels like on ^ **jdmtytefanboicorolla** ichi's cars is mark ii sedan, offered in a few separate trims. gx and mx, also the sx and rx(?). main differences ive seen in the stuff you want to buy is in the headlight chrome trim at rhe bottom and the corner lights in terms of bulbs and trim. the chaser lights wont fit the usdm panels without work. ameen/dewayne/aaron/whoever owns it now had them on there when it was brown, think w usdm fenders and hood if youre looking for some perspective.

**jdmtytefanboicorolla**, you could do a toyota-cressida.net tribute on the daily. get some really dumb US made stickers and rig a washer sprayer/nozzle to spew coolant on a hot engine part to create the desired effect until the hg pops itself. then post a bunch of really dumb questions and keep it continually listed on gumtree or whatever you guys call craigslist there for 3-5x the actual value.

create a build thread for it w pictures of it as it sits, for your plans put "daily until the head gasket lets go, already collecting parts to fix it."

Those were jzx Chaser, I have gx81 Chaser, very different. My friend who had three gx81 lights said they were Chaser, his also had the Chaser crest as well.

Battleaxe.

It's a MARK II Sedan. The Cressida shape that was sold internationally was sold within Japan as the "MARK II Sedan" Many grades were offered from 88.8-95.6.

Namely, They had 1G-F/G/GZ, 1JZ-G, 4S-F, 2L-T, 3Y-P and they even came 7M-G. So technically MX83 was sold in Japan under a different name. The difference is, in Japan, MX83 is the highest grade available meaning they are fairly uncommon and come well optioned. In the US, The Cressida had 1 Grade with one engine, however options available on top.

What I have is the Highest grade MARK II Sedan available, technically it is higher grade than Late model JZX81 MARK II Sedan because for some reason, Toyota still stubbornly offered 7M-G.

Chris, I bought it bhg like a good fb goy, I'll be sure to not use the search function and brag about how the torque makes being parked up on the hard shoulder every week in a cloud of steam "worth it"

XEyZ9fJ.jpg

jqfja6O.jpg

28gQHQR.jpg

0Nmljzz.jpg

u7yNoOs.jpg

Pd56fcd.jpg

TgXx4r2.jpg

tgalveg.jpg

A 7M blown HG.

Makes me want to get my going again just looking at it.

But I'm shocked it didn't have the sun/moonroof! I like that factory color.

Moonroof is rarest option on MARK II Sedan, it's the sole reason Hashi turned his Moonroofed GX81 into a Cressida and went USDM Style, you will NEVER See a Sedan with a moonroof tbh. And yeah, 170 is a nice colour, quite pleased it has kept well

That's funny since most USDM cars have the moon roof and the solid top like mine everyone building track cars are looking for.

Does that MX83 have the Supra turbo Karmen vortex style AFM like they do in Japan, or did it still have the flapper style AFM ?