Hachi Ichi

X-81, blue on blue thats fucking ross.

Fucking totalitarian goverments.......

its getting worse here too. i dunno how people who like cars live in cali unless theyre rich enough for it not to matter.

people bitch about toyota usa moving its hq to texas. well thats a fucking no-brainer except that emissions and roadworthiness standards in the area are all strict as well.

its enough to make me want to move to a place that has so few inhabitants that the govt leaves the citizens alone because theres no good source of tax revenue from shit like speed traps and red light tickets and random roadside persecution for shit like loud exhaust and lowered suspension.

Yeah Rican That was a lil while back (June). Not sure why they wanted to feature a fairly stock car in a 'performance car' Magazine but whatever.

As far as legality goes, afaik certain shit is legal no where so biting the bullet and ignoring the law for as long as possible is a must.

They got me on tyre stretch (175/60 on a 15x9J). They had a chart which showed them max size of tyre for a specific wheel. They had no clue what the term 'debead' meant but they knew what I was flaunting was a big no-no.

The ride height was bullshit, my shit is certed at around 90 mm to the sills (lowest point 75 mm) and the hub-fender measurement is around 330 mm. They measured it to be 15 mm out and told me my car is too low. I laughed but accepted it while remembering that I always thought I'd get rolled at max low (20 mm ride height) instead of Baja truck spec.

One of them liked it, the other looked like she needed a Pepsi before her blood sugar dropped (bitch) The one who liked it was asking me all sorts of questions (do the patrol lights work etc, ' hell yeah they do' ) except they never asked about the long nose (which is steel by the way and I wouldn't put it past it being able to slice someone at the knees) but yeah, fascinated by a 5J tyre going on a 9J but ignorant of the mandolin style nose.

wow

Its awesome that you can change the look of your car so much, with just the hood and fenders. Are you still running the kei office coils?

yeah I am, been goin for 2 years with em and they are still good !

I miss the shark nose already

Beautiful car man.

^^Fuck yeah^^!!!

been looking at a lot of 13s and 14s on miatas, i was surprised at how big 14s look on a bigger body car in comparison.

lol, they only ever slightly work on 81 when its maximum slam, otherwise it doesn't work on any level

nah my panel beater did those fender, they are OE metal just pulled to absolute shit, also frame rail to ground is 18 mm now, used to be 25mm. on 15s. I'll pull keeper springs and drop it a little more soon

Painted the late model bumper, front lip next.

13914026_1227101837308621_87479618077811

13669483_1227101827308622_53920882489242

I've done a few more smaller things to it recently, school is busy so it limits the important stuff for now.

I found myself a late model Sedan rear bumper, obviously the lower section doesn't sit as it should But i'll work on mitigating that the best I can.

I also purchased a late model Grande G lower dash set, I don't like the late model fabric but it will do, I recoloured it and matched the trim so I think it looks quite good !

Blue Trim in Grande G / Superlucent G / Avante G is extremely rare I found out so no hope of getting them in the correct colour from YAJ.

I also bought an OE H/T front lip which I repainted in 8E3, sorts the front out in my opinion.

There are a few interior bits I need to sort before it's complete, re-dye the shifter boot, get a new unfucked Stereo control unit etc.

tumblr_of7junO0Is1s9ykkdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_of7junO0Is1s9ykkdo4_1280.jpg

15123456_1324798327538971_32911137204252

15069139_1324798260872311_2878750512936615025440_1324798254205645_28234978924840

Love this car

Happy to see that its still in good hands :thumbsup: