Sign in to follow this  
MikeRN

XM JZ engine brackets not aligning

Trying to get the engine in but the passengers side is totally off. Am I doing something wrong??

Are you serious? Use the holes forward of the ones you're using.

Idk, It should work. Only thing I can think of is if after exhausting every bolt hole option on the block and coming up zilch is that they sent the wrong brackets, like maybe x7 or 1uz or some shit. But I've run the xm shit and it bolted right up no sweat on both vvti and non vvti

Bolted on no problem for me, on a stock vvti 1jz I did have to notch the bracket for one of the turbo lines either oil feed or oil drain. It was pretty obvious though where they have to bolt up to and what was in the way.

^ yeah, even jzx81 oem mounts have to be notched a bit to fit on the vvti 1jz.

finally got the motor in after speaking to Rich. Had to hang the rubber mounts and base plates from the block, then lower the whole set up onto the cross member. Big thanks to Rich, great customer service!

as far as speedometer function with an aristo NA auto, its more electronic than the mechanical Cressida auto. how do i wire up the speedo and odometer? the Aristo NA only has a kick down cable, no speedo cable.

YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE ELCTRONIC SENSOR FROM THE TRANS, AND PUT THE MECHANICAL ONE IN..........

(and most likely pull the tail shaft, and put the drive gear from the cressida in, instead of what's in there)

did that^ but since I deleted my ABS, the second wheel speed sensor is useless, the NA supra ECU wont read it..? How will this affect the shift points?

Sign in to follow this