DeltaIndiaEcho

1JZ-VVT-i X8 From Florida - Party Time

Might as well change to billet tensioner and the crank pulley while the engines out...

i been thinking of getting the underdrive pulley but its not a huge concern. the engine is very well maintained and is in great shape so ill probably leave well enough alone as far as the tensioner goes,, but the pulley will most likely be getting replaced because its out of place at this point.

except most if not all of the "replacement" pulleys are black as well =)

Who does DriftMotion get their pulleys from ?

ah right you want a crank pulley, not a crank dampener

I also thought toyota engineers where stupid for putting a dampener on jz's :)

If you're going to replace the crank pulley it better be ATI or fluidampr if you actually give a shit about your engine.

Nothing driftmotion sells is an in house manufactured part, everything is sourced from china aside from the name brand shit.

Or from Beech, who is known for making wobbly pulleys..........

Make sure they spin true.

Gordo, that was one thing i def did check for when installing them, they do spin straight! i heard that also and was a bit worried, shoot they probably are beech tbh. im not looking to expand as far as the whole crank thing yet, i just want the car running right now so im doing whats necessary at the moment.

How necessary is this wickedly overpriced billet tensioner for those not looking for 500+ squirrels?

I don't think it's so much the squirrels but the amount it's bounced off the limiter/abused. If you like to have funs it's probably a good idea

ugh then it looks like I'll be taking the front of my engine apart AGAIN. All of these "peace of mind parts" are going to total more than just a new engine would be...

It's never ending...

Once you fix the "weakest" link, another takes it's place...

Damn squirrels!!!

Hm, never heard 7Ms being called squirrel bait before.......

Guess squirrels are not choosy on which engine they nibble on.

899636.jpg

Went to the junk yard an copped some more necessities to strike off the check list.

995712_173889169454951_622113326_n.jpg

93 Camry Throttle Cable.

1012123_173906486119886_1207107360_n.jpg

Even found a fuckin lip! score!

1002939_173932739450594_181153135_n.jpg

Mark said harness should be done within the next four days, here's to hoping! if all goes according to plan i should have my new radiator, hoses and fluids by the time i receive it and then vroom vroom. followed by maaaaaad skids

More progress!

Panic is finishing up my harness today so ill have that back soon, he's doin a bang up job for sure!

All new pins, no solder and hookin me up with the kevlar/fiberglass sleeve

giySq0n.jpg

HXOT235.jpg

Didnt have a load leveler so we took the tranny off and decided to just bolt it up from underneath because i had enough hands to get it up there

ucnNWqp.jpg

Boltin the mounts down on the subframe
MhMuUoT.jpg

Settled.
61hg1zS.jpg

Looking like ima have to pull the damn thing hald way out again, though because i put the mount brackets on the furthest back mounting points on the block and it doesnt seem like im going to be able to move the tranny as far back i need it.

Def not sittin in there right.
Ge6mF92.jpg

Went to put my new trans mount on and mistakenly ordered an MK3 W58 mount and its too tall so i gotta get the cressida mount for the back of the trans now also.
qyTNtBr.jpg
XNWZlpk.jpg

Anyways, gettin mad close to turning the key, shit is pretty awesome, i'm stoked.

AEM 320lph fuel pump should be here this week, Still need a radiator and im not putting a stock one back in there so i gotta order the mishimoto and get my intercooler piping done. Stand by for updates!

You should try taking those iron weights off the trans crossmember, and about another half dozzen places that are hung on the car.

damn gordo, i was wonderinga llt his time if they were important

Gordo, they are already loose i was just mocking it up to see how it fit in the picture... they are not staying on the car, its pretty obvious they serve no purpose.

Zoku, no one told me that or i would have done it to begin with. lesson learned, ill hoist the motor out a bit and move them, no biggie

seems like you could save yourself some headaches by connecting up the wiring harness before dropping the motor back in.

also, who's the redhead scene girl?

Redhead is my room mates "friend" idk wtf is goin on. and i was gunna wait to drop the motor it and then do the harness but it shouldnt be too bad honestly.

Yeah I'm about done with this harness all siiiick. Working on it now matter of fact.