DeltaIndiaEcho

1JZ-VVT-i X8 From Florida - Party Time

You are a brave person.......

You have the weaker W58, the one with the aluminum center plate, the really OLD one.

The later ones came with a cast iron center plate.

Are you sure that isn't a MkII W58 ?

Good luck !

Don't put too much of a clutch on it.

Goin with the exedy OEM Replacement clutch and yea its from an 89 mkIII. i got this one so that the shifter would sit properly in the center console.

Should be okay to get my project driveable until i can afford to do the R154

Nice. Sell the wheels to get it on the road. Imho not the greatest looking things out there.

Thats just my opinion though. Otherwise gj keep it up

funny you mention that cuz i actually just sold the wheels in order to help fund the 5 speed swap haha its on the stockers again and all i need now is a clutch and flywheel

Alright, i've ben dormant for a while, piecing together parts and waiting for the proper equipment, etc.. finally got some decent progress done, today!

While i was away i purchased a Competition clutch 11lb Flywheel, And to compliment it, a stage 4 6 puck ceramic clutch kit. Also picked up the driftmotion stainless clutch line, W58 slave, Toyota OEM Rear main seal, and a brand spankin new OEM JZ Bellhousing. blah blah blah. all i need now to complete my 5 speed conversion is pedals.

As you all saw previously in the thread my alternator snapped off at the block AND at the waterpump so obviously a new waterpump was needed. I didnt want to weld the tab back onto the existing one cuz thats sketchy as hell, the bottom one on the block, i didnt have much of a choice though.

I also didnt have atool to stop the crank from turning the motor over when i was trying to pull the crank pulley off to get to the waterpump and all that shit, the timing belt was JUST replaced on the motor, it was pretty obvious because it looked new as hell and there was even a little sticker on the cam cover that said the timing belt was replaced (it was written in japanese but my girlfriend can read that shit like a fuckin boss and told me that it said "timing belt") long story shorter, I needed to get my own engine lift so i could properly work on it as i could not get my impact down between the core support and the crank pulley to get it off, and i didnt really wanna do it with the motor in the car anyways so today i pulled everything out of the car and put it all together. here's some pics.

sMQJhfj.jpg

EiQ1d7a.jpg

4Tlh1qP.jpg

Qp54zIj.jpg

Hy1SECs.jpg

rZVgDrW.jpg

I mistakenly ordered the waterpump for the MK4 supra NA and not the turbo so it didnt line up, i should have researched it but it all worked out because when i returned it to order the supra turbo water pump, it was 40.00 cheaper so i got the pump i needed AND 40.00 in cash back.. SCORE!

Here is the old pump you can see on the left side by the left fan bolt/stud where the alternator mounting hole is snapped off. My new pump is going on in the morning.

zJBMdej.jpg

I also in this time acquired all my piping and a front mount brand new from driftmotion as well, so tmrw once the water pump is back on, i'll be dropping the motor back in, bolting the drivetrain all together, and starting to make cuts for the front mount. Getting so close to running!

FEWPgpv.jpg

I also took the entire wiring harness off the motor and im sending it out to Mark on thursday!

Your a brave man, using a W58 with the aluminum center plate on a turbo engine.

I am watching.........

Hopefully, it won't explode,

because I have the same early POS, that all the supra guys are afraid of.

If it does, I'll sell this one, and go find the stronger iron center W58.

Today i put the front of the motor back together, turns out the waterpump pulley for the old JZ's is different than the VVT-i so i went ahead and ordered the 3 piece lightweight pulley kit from driftmotion.

1005706_167179726792562_545236292_n.jpg

10763_167199043457297_2063841903_n.jpg

How is this swap going? I too am doing a 1jvvti and live in florida. Swap looks good, interesting to see how the w58 works on there. You are correct they are pretty fucking cheap, so why not? I agree, work with what you've got. Have you already finished your wiring?

Hater, I just sent out my harness to mark on friday, should be getting in back in ~4weeks ( i gave him a little extra time so he could fit my harness into his schedule) i live in palm harbor/Clearwater area. once the harness comes back, ill be installing my radiator and new fuel pump, getting my intercooler piping cut/welded and she should fire right up. looking forward to it!

Ah well, I was going to ask about your fuel setup. I am doing a relatively simple setup running switched and fused power to the pump and putting the injectors and coils into their own respective systems with power. Then running a FPR which should eliminate the whole fuel control ecu shit.

From what I've concluded through my research is ecu only needs like 10 wires from the cressida chassis harness. But the deleting and extending is probably work paying for. How much did he charge you? Are you keeping the ac and what ecu are you running, auto?

I think we have different goals here but i'd like to see your harness when it gets back if you dont mind posting pics.

Yellow-Feva, Broward. A/s/l?

I am keeping AC, yes. my goals are simply to have the JZ Swap as OEM as possible. no major power goals just want the motor to feel at home in my daily driver. I am running (for the mean time) the stock AUTO ECU. He's doing my harness for 450 which i thought was an awesome deal, although he is having to pull the 7M parts he needs from a local yard so he'll be charging me for that as well because i didnt have the shit anymore.

I have no issues posting pics for everyone to see once i get the harness back, thats what build threads are all about!

As for a fuel, im probably going with MK4 Supra TT pump or Something aftermarket and a tomei fuel pressure regulator.

Things to acquire before the harness comes back:

-Mishimoto aluminum Radiator
-Camry Throttle Cable
-MK2 Clutch pedal

-96+ LS400 AFM

-Fuel Pump

-Hoses/Lines

-Fluids.

I swore that I would never give up my AC, but it's getting parked on the shelf this time around.

my cressida has already been upgraded to the modern R134 i think its called so the lines bolted right onto the compressor when i had the motor in it. sure was relived to see that! i really want the AC to work, everything is there, so it should, in theory, blow cold once i charge it.

I've had a w58 for 2 years in my cressida, I only drift my car though. I have the kinugawa turbo 440's and an safc and i have had no problems with my transmission thus far, however mine has the iron center plate and is from an sc300. I think you will probably be fine for a long time as long as you arent launching this thing with drag slicks

Ah well, I was going to ask about your fuel setup. I am doing a relatively simple setup running switched and fused power to the pump and putting the injectors and coils into their own respective systems with power. Then running a FPR which should eliminate the whole fuel control ecu shit.

From what I've concluded through my research is ecu only needs like 10 wires from the cressida chassis harness. But the deleting and extending is probably work paying for. How much did he charge you? Are you keeping the ac and what ecu are you running, auto?

I think we have different goals here but i'd like to see your harness when it gets back if you dont mind posting pics.

Yellow-Feva, Broward. A/s/l?

fuel control ecu? Do you have any clue what you're doing? Car runs fine on stock regulator, all day, every day, naftermarket single and all. Where did you get that info?

OP: I held onto that maf for you for like two weeks but you flaked.

TBH, i flaked on you, because you were being a dick.. I think i have a friend locally who has one, if you still have it, i MAY need it. if it's gone, oh well they are plentiful on ebay.