Yellow_Feva

D Mark II GT Build

I looked at buying one of those draft taps on the internets and the price was ridiculous, like 150 bucks or something. probably the coolest/most expensive shifter on here.

Build continues.

Did a R134 conversion and my car hated it so back to R12 today, shit is cold.

Swap is on its way, got me a 91 1UZFE with harness and ECU for $400 with 110K so sending it to get rebuilt, Its gonna run on the Mark II's W58 with the adapter kit from 1uzswap and for a couple of months running on stock ECU till I go turbo.

ya'll are wrong its JDM w58 good for 600 horsepowers didnt you see the for sale ad

Real talk though nut up and buy an r154 especially if your going to go through with this turbo uz... youll just bolt a w58 to something like that and it will grenade the second you tighten the last bolt lol

my mark 2 supra trans is still holding strong i had it on my 1j for a while did 2 events on it and now its in my daily 2jz na getting abused and i have no problems with it i even ran it low on gear oil once

I actually like 1uz but you've decided to kill the soul of your car. MarkII should stay I6. So I guess whiteraven is right. Also the worst.

You should do a 2jzvvti swap

Don't be a pusyy 2jzvvti or bust.

Gibbs in all seriousness you've probably never made more the 430 to the wheels im not even gonna talk about your actual torque numbers so your experience with w58s is irrelevant not to be a dick i just hate shitty advice... but the torque that would be produced buy a turbo UZ that's properly setup would grenade a w58 on command

oh of course no doubt about that thought it was staying na so i gave my 2 cents

I say fuck all toyota trans options. They make adapter plates for fc3s turbo 2 trans, strong as balls, cheap and best shifter feel ever. Another option is an ap2 6 speed, dunno if theres adapters but they're strong trans, and also cheap, last thing i would consider would be the cd09 or whatever nissan six speed. Strong cheap buttery shifting and readily available. Also already a uz to cd09 adapter kit. I'd even go ka or sr trans before i would go r154, justdont power shift into 5th and that trans should be ok. Oh yeah, already made kits, and 50$ trannies. Come on bro's, i love toyota but 80's toyota transmissions blow bags of dicks faster than kim kardashian can eat them.

I think all of those trannies were "strong" because they were mated to torqueless motors. Maybe the nissan cd09 but I dont see the ap2 aisin or the fc3s tranny holding out to the jz abuse. My 3sge tranny is internally the same as the ap2 tranny and I dont think it can hold more than iron center w58.

Austin you are fuckin drunk!! ka or sr trans before an r154? ive seen atleast 5 sr trannies explode on a stock hp sr... ive also seen soo many ka trans do all sorts of crazy shit like while in gear layin into the pedal an a 450hp ka-t setup 3rd gear sheer the teeth right off... mate those things to something that makes actual tourque sounds like money wasted to me... im sorry you've had trouble with some beatup r154s but ive seen atleast 20 in my personal experience (infront of my own eyes) hold 700hp ALL DAY LONG

I've had SR transmissions that took years of 300+hp sideways abuse and not bat an eyelash. I've also seen them destroy themselves at cruising speeds. It's all about maintenance and luck. I'd personally rather stock pile $100 KA/SR trans' then throw down $500+ for every r154.

Bingo, its not a question of if, but when your trans shits itself. I'd rather have awesome shifter feel and 100$ replacements than 500$ replacements that feel like dick . Theres a local dude that tracks his car often making 508 on a stock sr trans for the last two years. No issues. Ka trans are i dentical inside minus 5th snd reverse. There are 800hp s2k's launching their shit on slicks not destroying their trans every launch. I maintain my opinion, fuck any and all toyota trans. Im so over them its stupid. I just bought my last r154, when this goes, something better will go in.

I like how you are all talking about hp numbers like that shit matter... something like a turbo uz will produce tourque in places an sr never will... I see where you are coming from with the feel and price but id rather change my trans once every 3 years for $500 then once ever 6 months for $100 do the math the Toyota trans is still cheaper... whatever floats your boat... or rows your gears I should say

Austin: " I just bought my last r154, when this goes, something better will go in"

Why not sell your $500 trans that you don't like now, and buy the $100 one that you want........??

If I had done that, I would not have to be making a custon shifer housing to use my Ikeya sequential shifter, that was meant for a Nissan trans in the first place.

Oh hell, after I win the power ball, I'll just call up Hewland, and have them fit an F1 7-speed to my car........