Yellow_Feva

D Mark II GT Build

Alright here's the build thread for my GX71 Mark II GT

I promised the car was in good hands and I wasn't gonna let anybody down so here we go.

The car will go through a full restoration process, engine out, cut rust spots off to weld new metal, strip down to metal, fix dents, pull all windows off, every little trim piece off, create custom fiberglass pieces for front lip and others, full underbody repair pulling jack supports back out.

I have already chosen the color ill be going with but its a surprise, no 2 tone.

Suspension well I have already fixed a lot of these components but ill be ordering new BC coilovers.

Wheels will be a surprise but there 15x9 -38 and 15x9 -19 all ready ordered

Engine: Ill be keeping the 1G as long as I can, ill just make it look better.

Will start documenting and taking pics this weekend of the whole process.

Should have started from the beginning. So people could see the awesomeness with the wheels then what you did to ruin it, and how you plan to "re-awesome" it

^ for good reason. At least it's not a 7m. Now why are you dodging the embarassing fact about the wheels, fgt!?

Not really dodging the wheel thing, I already explained myself on my intro thread, ive never been found of SSR MK1's so I sold them saved the money for new wheels and installed a set of rotas I had in my garage for the time being, time is up so rotas are coming off and OG wheels coming back on.

To me the wheels looked alright for the time being.

Never has a person or another forum complained about the wheels like you guys do here.

nobody else has high standards? i've noticed that a lot of other forums have members that like to suck each other off and rush to defend someone's poor judgement because "it's their car and they can do what they want with it," without realizing that it's the dissenting members' opinion and they are free to share it.

consider what you get here constructive criticism, we just don't worry about sugar coating it. those particular rotas are fine, they looked good on Rue's x7 but he had them on a USDM shitbox. you own a car that deserves better than that, and it sounds like you've got that figured out.

as far as the 1g goes, yeah its a prick of a motor compared to a scrote dragging JZ setup but i don't see why you wouldn't keep it for the time being. not like this thing is being built to go racing/drifting/whatever. plus i'm sure eventually this car will change hands again, and when it does the 1g will be a negotiating point for the buyer.

your pink paint troll pic and epic suspense-building is giving me blue balls.

Looking forward to this, id give my left nut for this car.

1g is only good when paired with 1.5 diameter exhaust. Your not racing or drifting right? then who cares..

DO it

^ that's NA and secondary cable to motorcycle throttle located on steering column.

^This

It actually sounds really good with the 2.5 strait pipe.

The only thing wrong with the engine is that one or two of the hydraulic lifters is not working properly so it gives a tapping sound, I could not correct it with lifter honey thicker oil or flushes and did a DIY and theres no xchange for them so gotta live through it.

If you want parts for that 1g & slantnose

There's a importer up here selling a GX71 half cut.
1GGE Auto.

^ Yea, I bought a sales brochure from Japan and noticed that the GT interiors came with the MK3 Supra front seats so I found me some seats and had them tinted burgundy came out great.

The car is being disassembled today so we can hit it hard this weekend , a lot of dings and dents that were not visible so lots of bodywork, engine and all windows should be coming off next week

Dont know yet if a want to debadge the trunk and just keep it clean we shall see, also thinking of painting the door handles or leaving them chrome.

Roll bar will be painted 24K gold ;)

Wheels are extremely sick 5 inch lips in the back 4.5 in front. :ph34r:

Lets keep you guys in the loop, here's the color im going with.

1199A180-55AF-43FE-B36A-E2FA8A77AAA1-455

And here is a picture of the wheels sitting in my garage.

Fully polished Hoshino Impuls. ;)

F8056C5C-2D0B-4F54-A522-B2EDD18E6EA2-150

There's other details like side skirts and painted cage that we are still debating but car should be out by April 10th.

I picked the toffe metallic brown cause of all the gold and red flakes in it, in the sun the color looks amazing but its still a nice suttle brown in cloudy days.