Sign in to follow this  
Layzorbeemz

JZ "thermalnator" intake manifold gasket.

came across this gasket on the while I was searching for new gaskets. I've never seen or heard of it before so I was wonder if it's a load of BS or if anyone has this gasket on their engine. Apparently they make them for a wide variety of manufacturer's and various engines.

Think driftmotion sells a similar thing for like $50. If you need a gasket in a hurry, they seal.

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

The idea behind it is interesting but I have a feeling on turbo applications where the air entering the intake manifold is already heated, the effects would be negligible.

hmm, all I can find is the complete 1JZ gasket set on DM.

I don't suppose anybody know's a current toyota dealer that can get their hand's on OEM 1JZ-GTE intake/exhaust manifold gasket's huh? I found some dealer's while searching on google but the posts were in threads from years ago. I sent some email's to them but I haven't been replied to yet.

That's funny, I only looked for 57 seconds. Here ya go.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-heatshieldinggasket1jz-gte.php

The stock exh gaskets are pretty damn resilient. I've reused them and pulled manifolds off to fix leaks and shit a couple times on the same set, no problems. As are the intake gaskets if you haven't creased them.

I can't stress this enough, if you have an eBay manifold and are going single, have the motherfucker decked straight at the sealing surfaces.

Even from a reputable manufacturer, I'd check sealing surfaces with a straight edge before assembling.

The idea behind it is interesting but I have a feeling on turbo applications where the air entering the intake manifold is already heated, the effects would be negligible.

Yup. Its a sham, but not fully. They claim it stops heat transfer- it does, its does what it claims. But the issue isnt really heat transfer from intake manifold to block, etc etc- its the fact that the air is already hot and will continue to pick up heat from all surface area inside the port.

Waste of money

fuhhhh, cool thanks kyle.

I dunno, the gasket's I was given with my 1jz are pretty shitty/old looking, made me want to replace them. But I guess I'll give them a shot. I am using a shitty ebay manifold on my 3076 so I'll definitely check it out before I bolt it on.

Sign in to follow this