Sign in to follow this  
Ilia

Let's talk about body kits.

As I understand it (and please correct me if I'm wrong), G at Serial 9 is a really nice dude but tends to disappear at times. I personally have not ordered from him but I've heard stories of aero taking 8-9 months to deliver and he hasn't logged into this forum since September.

Anyway the point is I'm not driving one of these taxi cab looking Cressidas unless it has aero, and I tend to blow up aero a few times a month. If I can't get it from G, I will get it somewhere else. So I happen to have a Big Win/S9 kit, and I'm not just gonna put it on my car, blow it up, and hope for the best after.

I've contacted a few companies about making their own kit stateside so that there was a reliable source for X8 aero in the US, and of those interested I think I'd have the best result with Shine Auto. Shine's made a ton of parts for all sorts of cars, they know what they're doing, they're honest, and tons of my friends have bought Shine parts with good results. They seem to have good service and fast delivery. They also reply to phone calls and emails.

Ken at Shine says that if I can get 15 dudes together to buy the aero he will produce it in time for next season.

The front bumper would sell for $350, the rear bumper would sell for $350, and the side skirts would sell for $250. Once our list got to 15 dudes, each of us 15 would pay Shine Auto a $250 deposit and he would move forward with replicating the kit.

Like I said in the beginning, if I'm wrong about G and S9 and I can get aero from him no problem, I will gladly forget about all this and buy from S9 every time. Right now it seems like my choices are replicating the kit and buying elsewhere, or importing from Japan every time I need a bumper and that would pretty much be awful.

Here's a link to the Shine Auto website, for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.shineautoproject.com/

If you're down to buy a kit, and can give Shine a $250 deposit once the list reaches 15 people, please put your name on the list.

1. Ilia

Instead of a straight knock, I'm actually making a heavily modified version.

Guest Lofty

Considering. Any pictures of the kit? Cause theres two versions of the big win. Im dumb and cant remember what they look like. It might help you get more dudes on board as well.

Oh sweet! Are you making the tooling in house, or is someone else building the tooling and production parts for you?

In reality I don't care if Shine, Serial 9, or you make aero for the X8, I just want someone to do it. I want whoever is making aero to have a stable and reliable business that's not gonna disappear, and I want to be able to get aero within a month from when I place my order. I don't want to wonder if I've sent my money to some dude who's going to spend it on his rent, I want to know that the business I'm working with has their shit together.

The reason I thought having Shine replicate the aero would be a good idea is because Shine has been in business for a very long time, and has a history of professional transactions, not ripping people off, and delivering product. If a bunch of people get together it will be better for everyone.

Remember that one time someone on this forum was "totally going to copy BN sometime really soon"? I don't want that shit. I'd rather have a professional replicate the aero and know I can actually get it easily.

Brinkin, if I know I can count on you to build aero and ship it and stuff, that is rad. But if I give up on this Shine thing because you say you've got it and it's no problem, and then it's next fall and I still can't buy anything, I'm gonna fly to Arizona and piss in your gas tank. Then I'll buy you lunch and we can do a burnout in your car or something.

Here is a link to some photos of the Big Win/S9 kit that I am trying to get replicated:

http://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=923&q=big+win&oq=big+win&gs_l=img.3..0l10.18299.18776.0.18994.7.6.0.0.0.0.118.463.5j1.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.3ES4mUpMy5s#hl=en&tbo=d&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=big+win+jzx81&oq=big+win+jzx81&gs_l=img.3...1058.2533.0.2646.6.6.0.0.0.0.178.816.1j5.6.0...0.0...1c.1.PTsBXMV7edY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=68aff1d7d94c7d33&bpcl=37189454&biw=1280&bih=923

It's going into production. I have too much invested in the kit to blow it up. I am dropping my fenders off this week and if all goes well the kit will be in for molding in the next few weeks. Tis going down sir. You should fly down to az for burnouts and Piss anyways.

Btw, I make enough money to not need this for income. I just want to have legit parts available when people need them. I guarantee nobody else around right now would have spent the cash making sure the overs were on point.

Ilia do the shine auto cause they are the jam brinkin make your kit cause that looks awesome and then we can all blow aero up with no fucks given... which ever one comes through first im in

Guest Tbone

I have faith XM will come through with BN type 2,but having options would be a good thing.Whatever kit comes out within the next year I will be buying.

I'm still on the hunt for jdm bumpers.Really wishing someone would come out with frp copies.I have a line on a rear X81 bumper but not having much luck finding a front anything....

Guest BREAKING

If you want to be low the BN isnt going to work. Your aero will sit an inch below ground level lol.

So I called Rich at Xcessive. He says he is not, will not, and has no plans to make aero.

However! He says he does have some friends who are planning on building some stuff very shortly. I talked to those dudes as well, and they seem really super sure that in the next few months they'll have something.

What I HOPE is that by January I see some updates, tooling, molds, production pieces, etc...

What I BET is going to happen (and forgive me for being cynical) is that the dudes that are "definitely for sure no problem" going to build aero for the X8 are gonna get their female pregnant, or they're gonna need rent money, or they're going to want to keep drifting and are too busy to build aero, or some other hillbilly shit like that. I hope I'm wrong.

At that point in early January or so, if I am right and nothing has happened, I will revisit this thread, and attempt to persuade you dudes to let me send aero to Shine Auto- a company that I've personally seen reliably replicate and deliver aero to tons of people. I'll request 15 people to join the order so we can get it done, then I will ship the aero I have to Shine. Then hopefully we'll still have some aero we can buy in the US by next season.

So I'm gonna table this Shine Auto thing for now. Hopefully one of the other dudes working on aero will deliver something in the next few months. Got my fingers crossed.

Aero is for gays. Toaster all day. But shine would be a good company hear it has good quality. But shit never comes through with any aero. Too many broke fucks.

Actually thinking of loading up another container.

So if any of you faggots actually have money when I get my poop in a group, you wouldn't have to fuck with group buys and could get mad jdm tyte direct through canadia.

That all rides on if I don't die at ebisu.

Guest JoooeOne

my 2 cents, nothing ever really happends because of the price its always more than 1G and just like kyle said to many broke fucks,so this is my way to apport to the cause so this is how it goes i live in san diego rigth know i know some one that works at a shop that makes body kits for any type of car the shop actually makes body kits for comppanys in the US they even do the bodykits for the trophy trucks for the baja 1000 etc,so i went to the shop the other day to ask if he is willing to make a mold for a body kit for the cressida and he said sure he will charge like arround 4500 pesos mexican money that will be like less than 400 bucks and its good quallity, i guess the only expensive thing will be the shipping,im willing to cross the border he will probably take like a 1 or 2 to make the mold and to make the copys like another day i guess if every one pitchs in like lets said arround 20 to 50 bucks we could get this ball rolling

my 2 cents, nothing ever really happends because of the price its always more than 1G and just like kyle said to many broke fucks,so this is my way to apport to the cause so this is how it goes i live in san diego rigth know i know some one that works at a shop that makes body kits for any type of car the shop actually makes body kits for comppanys in the US they even do the bodykits for the trophy trucks for the baja 1000 etc,so i went to the shop the other day to ask if he is willing to make a mold for a body kit for the cressida and he said sure he will charge like arround 4500 pesos mexican money that will be like less than 400 bucks and its good quallity, i guess the only expensive thing will be the shipping,im willing to cross the border he will probably take like a 1 or 2 to make the mold and to make the copys like another day i guess if every one pitchs in like lets said arround 20 to 50 bucks we could get this ball rolling

That sounds super not legit, seeing as how you're bringing the aero over the border to a shop in Mexico... but if there's any way for the dude to actually prove to you it would happen I'm down.

I have the aero. I just want to make sure it doesn't disappear once I ship it somewhere.