Sign in to follow this  
Guest gameface

Saw tha police an they rolled right paast me

keep it simple stupid... people make megamonster power on air to air setups.... wtf would possess you to even waste your time with a complicated liquid to air setup... the only people I know that run liquid to air setups run ice water through the heat exchanger and they drag race(very short running time) please stop with the bs and put your abilities towards something the will net you more gains for your efforts and money

I had two bosch pumps laying around, old 1 gallon fuel cell, a couple big fans and my buddy donated his big ic and rad. I'm fond of water to air so that part probably isn't going to change it isn't that complicated and the short piping effect is worth it. Worst case it doesn't work out. My shitty setup on the 5m turbo was able to maintain near ambient under boost with the shitty ct26 with a heat exchanger a 1/4 of the size.

Most drag racers dont have a heat exchanger just a icebox and that's where the shitty myths about water to air systems come from but if it works for factory audis making 600hp then it should work for me.

Yea my engine bay looks pretty shitty. I had no coolant res so it was just spraying everywhere for a while but I've yet to wash it or the car yet.

I run an air to air setup and from the looks of your bay I can almost guarantee that the volume of my intercooler setup is very close to yours... I just hate overcomplicated garbage... you spring a leak, a fan fails, a pump fails, the extra strain on the charging system the pumps and 7 extra fans cause... just from the way I see it its not worth the headache or money

I guess we'll find out how well it works soon enough.

If any one is interested heres a article from vortech on charge coolers with info on water to airs thermal efficiency vs air to air http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/papers/cooler_paper.pdf they are focused on superchargers but the same rule applies to turbos

A while back I picked up Kyles holset setup and I finally got all the piping and stuff I needed to put on the holset turbo stuff, just had to mod the elbow I got from him and make a downpipe, make some piping from the muffler to the downpipe and the wastegate dump.

holset001_zps38921d4b.jpg

holset003_zps889c7de7.jpg

holset004_zpsb314210b.jpg

I wanted to add a few bends to the dump pipe to hopefully quiet it down a bit... yea didn't really help its still crazy loud.

holset005_zpsdb38e9d0.jpg

I decided to try a little crazier heat shielding than just wrapping with typical exhaust tape since my harness runs right over the downpipe, vacuum gay ass hvac controls, and heater hoses right there, brake line a little farther down the firewall... turned out to work pretty good, can put my hand on the downpipe after beating on it. I did a pretty shitty job of making it look nice but if it deteriorates or something then I'll just re do it better.

holset007_zps1dc20c65.jpg

holset009_zps3bcf29cb.jpg

holset012_zpsd6d67258.jpg

Oh yea guess I never mentioned that I put a emanage ultimate on it and used that to delete my MAF... and to use for future fuel control. Moved my bov to the cold side charge pipe - the bov is actually a vortech bypass/bov, I didn't get it for sound but this thing can let out a lot of air in a hurry so it works for me. I mounted a gm IAT in the cold side charge pipe too so I have a IAT signal for the ecu and emanage, gm iats are very close resistance patterns as the toyotas, I measured within 1k ohm difference at 25c.

holset015_zpsca28dbc2.jpg

When I removed the stock vvti turbo I found out it was totally fucked up... lots of play obviously and also wore into the compressor outlet

holset030_zps53edd741.jpg

Still a really dirty engine bay holset020_zps1387ae33.jpg

dump from outside

holset021_zps33f35798.jpg

Oh yea and I also did front ground control sleeves and mr2 adjustable kyb agx shocks... modded the housings and painted them to make them look all nice but forgot to take pics because I was in a rush so I could drive my car the next day.

Holset 2step vids with camera under car and volume up merica style

Yea ill clean it and my car at some point and maybe take pics. Never even thought of the dump looking like a trumpet minus the bell mouth... Don't think I'll make it more trumpet like though, maybe something to quiet it down or maybe not, I love the sound but its pretty crazy sounding and crazy loud when it has something to reflect off of.

Yeah this setup with my 4" turbo back, Res and muffler was quiet as fuck until the gate popped then it was assrapingbanshee sounds.

So I spent the weekend working on my buddies imported wrx doing a clutch and lightweight flywheel so didn't really do much on my car. Really easy car to do a clutch, take off down pipe, front driveshaft, linkage, crossmembers and some little bits and it slides back and down far enough to get in and do everything even with room for torquing flywheel bolts. Still have to fix some exhaust stuff on it, oh well money in the bank. Plus hes going to pay my autoX reg fee this saturday so maybe ill get some vids taken if I dont get kicked off for sliding around and my loud open gate dump.

Stayed late at work today to put on new inner/outer tie rods... I used driver side inner on the pass side to delete the gay ass steering shock. Also finally used my coilovers and lowered the car then did an alignment. And did an oil change not that, that matters.

9832E786-6A94-41E9-BAC7-1FE3D8809126-126

F201A0E4-F795-4617-AF21-AC747BE5AA52-126

Yea car looks pretty clean huh, well I washed that shit and the engine bay and underbody but I forgot to take a pic of the engine bay.

Rest of the exhaust that I forgot to show a picture off no big deal

25731102-283C-42F4-B4E1-6A8C2FBAF77C-126

I put the leather interior out of my parts car into my car a while back, better than faded red valour(pink)

4D15D430-A0BB-4B41-9F15-3AE0F44F25C1-126

How the car looks right now... 1/4 panel from N.O.DRIFTER

B83AB3EC-4C8F-4AAF-8577-46F5A4DE4F7F-126

ADC446B9-7B9F-45DB-BB16-6CF66A1F5D85-126

"Saw the police and they rolled right past me" 1:53.

Fuck yeah!!! Looks like you had a good day.

once again with the over complicated bullshit... why couldn't you just spin the wastegate and cut the length of that stupid ass dump tube in half and it would still come out in the exact same spot... I thought that was the point of having vband shit so it would fit better without being a pain in the ass... think about the extra weight you've added hanging off the end of the wastegate runner that you probably haven't braced up so when that pointlessly heavy dump tube finally cracks the welds on your china manifold and you run your gate over... simplicity is key my friend

I hate picture lookers. Read the fucking text!

Yea I considered piping it into the exhaust and might still happen but atm loving the screamer pipe... its not super loud inside but pretty sure it explodes peoples ear drums as I pass them. Pretty sure it would be much louder with a straighter pipe and maybe less pleasing to hear but haven't tried it yet. I also was expecting my car to be way louder with the bigger turbo but it is like prius quiet now even with basically straight piped exhaust.

On the hwy the other day I cruised past a fag wearing gloves in a late 2000 something loud mustang and he felt the need to step on in, needless to say he was surprised.

Sorry my dump pipe is so complicated. I just wanted it positioned so I could pull it off from up top without jacking it up and put it back on easily + a few bends to dampen the noise. I think there was little range it could be positioned in and still be able to unbolt from the top. Luckily I did that because I had to pull it off shortly after getting it going because I found out pretty quickly that I forgot the valve seat for the gate after getting it running. Think it took me maybe 10 mins.

I might change it again since it was pretty cheap and easy to make but who cares.

I guess I shouldn't show pics of how I made my harness for emanage because its over complicated too, I got a bunch of nice connectors and basically made it so I could unplug the emanage inputs and outputs and plug everything back in to run stock electronics.

Which is a great idea. Because sometimes things fuck up. Cool story: Some fag in a red boxster got mad and brake checked the fuck out of me because he couldn't pull away on this awesome curvy elevation changing road. The manifold sitting shot gun and fell onto my emu harness. It fucked something up and car died. Got it running by jiggling the harness around. Forgot about it. Then I got stranded months later when whatever got jarred finally broke. Unplugged emu harness and eased it home. Hardwired shit would have been a big hassle and or tow.

Andrew post the harness, Demesio is about to wire his in. I think he'd appreciate it.

I read the post... sorry you through 2 extra bends was going to change the actual volume instead of just the tone of the gate... I was more ticked by the fact that that you thought it was a good idea to put a 90 directly infront of the outlet... I'm sure you're not running and high boost #s for it to acutually affect you but creep and melting pistons isn't fun.... want a quite gate without having it plumbed back in? There isn't one

Porsche puts mufflers on their waste gate dumps.

Muffler might be a idea, might smooth out the sound nicely too plus a bit quieter

Kyle - yea was thinking worst case or maybe power fc at some point when I did it...

thought I had a better pic but here is the junction - orange is ign, blue is maf and air temp, purple for injectors - for all of the intercepted signals > from toyota ecm connectors are female - connectors to engine wiring are male

and for the emanage the inputs from the toyota ecm are male - outputs female... so basically the emanage is plugged in between and can be taken out of the loop easy. For power and sampled signals and such it is hard wired but it can just be unplugged.

(or the opposite for the connector types, dont remember)

45C7FFDF-9A0F-4978-A680-CA5464369FE4-642

1781E072-9794-4135-9062-E1EC9C6D0A7C-642

I took out my evaporator so the glove box and my harness is out if more pics are wanted... been too busy to reinstall the glove box.

Some vids from friday night

Then this weak launch... my buddy turned the vid off just before the good part

After that I slid around a couple of the beams probably roughly two 360s and as I was letting off, BANG- BAM then I was like uhh whatever - still laughing from the donuts, drove it around a little and got away from the area incase security came and tires would lock up on turns and loud bangs from the diff, on decel sounded like it was eating itself. So basically destroyed my diff, was able to limp it home but I had to drive across the city my friends drove behind with their 4 ways on, while cruising it didn't sound too bad so I kept going and it being 3am it was a pretty smooth drive home.

Unfortanitly it was my one 3.73 gear diff, still have to open it up and see what happened but I swapped in one of my 4.11 diffs on saturday. Hopefully the gears are salvageable but we'll see. Kind of liked the fun of 4.11s more.

I was going to do injectors and boost controller next but I think I should at least upgrade the diff before trying for anymore power or I'll just keep wrecking them.

Other than that I ran my water lines for the IC and just have to wire up the pumps and fans.