Cyrious

1jz no start, no make sense

I would normally never go this low, but i'm at a complete loss. The car was running fine all fall. I just recently bolted on an exhaust that I welded up. I started the car afterwords to test it out. After warming it up I turned it off, put all my tools away. I started it one more time just to hear it before closing the garage up.

The next morning I came out to pull it out of the garage and it wouldnt start. Here are all of the things i've checked so far.

- fuel level is at 1/4

- battery fully charged

- pulled coilpacks out and put spark plugs out and all plugs were sparking

-i can hear the fuel pump and fuel being pushed through the regulator

- timing is all set at TDC bang on

- i tried a friends ecu, no luck

- checked all the wiring and plugs and everything seems to be fine

Next things to check;

- checked ECU codes and i'm geting 21 and 47, which I was getting before and the car ran fine before

- i spilt quite a bit of oil on the timing belt cover when I was filling it up right before I left the garage that night, but cant seem to find any problems where the oil was spilt

-im going to try a friends ignitor tonight

other then that i'm at a complete loss, and yes I did disconect my battery when I was welding.

check your crank trigger maybe and this is a long shot but maybe said oil messed with the crank trigger... maybe the trigger wheel on the crank came off ive seen this happen also... have you checked the wiring in the fender wells? just throwin some ideas out there

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Is it cranking? or do you feel its something related to the charging system? Hows your starter and Alternator?

so you have fuel, you have spark, does it even sputter?

Guest gameface

so if you're getting spark but no fuel(as in injectors firing) probably a good idea to check the crank sensor, at least its resistance

iirc you need crank sensor for fuel injectors to fire

Ecu temp sensor, the two wire one on the water neck.

Ecu temp sensor, the two wire one on the water neck.

Yeah try temp sensor. Or vapor lock. You try starting with carb cleaner? Come on man!

She was flooded from running pig rich. The night I started it, it didnt fully warm up. The plugs were soaked in gas. I cleaned them off the first time and it didnt work, which was why I thought it was something else. It wasnt until i blew out the cylinders and torched the plug ends and cylinders to burn off all the gas that it fired up.

Time for a wideband and new o2 sensor, probably a solid safc tune as well.