Guest Lofty

Lofty's Mark II Wannabe Shitbox NSFW

Sick as fuck !!! 4:20 update.

I would take that paint money and put it towards wheels.

Wheels,then paint.

Fuck a kit for now.I wanna see mark 2 front end,x81 front and rear bumpers=winning.

Sweet fucking colour choice.I like it.

Lol if only that were easy to find in the states!!!
I'm still torn on the X81 bumpers vs kit. My reasoning for going with a kit is because the kit likes to cover up a lot of the problem areas I have with the car. (Rear QP, corner of rockers, rear wheel wells)

wish we had more easy to get kit options here.

I am still also trying to decide on wheels, I kinda want Work Euroline Type Ns but I am not sure yet.

don't need something too expensive. But don't want to have these faggoty nig wheels on it any longer.
I am also trying to buy gordons duckbill rear spoiler, hopefully that isn't scooped up before I have $$$ for it. It sucks having 3 projects.

Edit: also sucks having to plan for my new shop that I will be getting in the next few months. So many things to do.

Sorry, but DeltaIndiaEcho, Tango Zulu has spoken for the tail.

But all is not lost........

Joooeone1 has one that he bought from me a while back, so copies are a possibility.

Just wave cash in his face, he will probably get one knocked out.

Deop him a PM.

He followed through with a noze faster than anyone I've seen before.

Probably be 5 yr's before Tango zulu will even put that wing to good use.That'S even if he get's the car to the stage of being worthy of that ducktail wing.

Lofty your plans sound good.Stoked to see your ride with full kit and paint.

Funny, I bought that off Yahoo-JP like 6 years ago.

I think it's cursed...........

741255_10151874354177556_692046601_o.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a little... Wait till Black Friday for wheels. I got a ridiculous deal last year. Varrstoen will probably have something good looking for under 1k shipped at that time. And do the sanding on the car yourself before paint. They should knock off about $500 from the price for that.

I just had a brain aneurysm.......

I wonder what that bumper core would look like chromed ?

Remember Mitch's pretty red X8 drift car ?

Remember what it looked like after it was butt fucked by a retaining wall ?

Lofty, if this is going to be a drift car, man, it's hard to justify anything more than an Earl Schibe $99 special paint job.

Just paying 2500 for the rust to be gone. 500 for a single stage (clear included in the one coat) drift paint job. I fucking hate rust. I hate it. Body shop understands my goals. I understand I will most definitely smash this thing lol.

Well, before you have it done, consider this..............

DIE couldn't swing the finances for the TBO duck tail.

His low balled me, so you can do the same..........

Oh, and I once owned the pontiac version of the vega, that I paid $50 for, with a bad engine,

(see why I stick with the 7M, it's in my blood), and a 360 degee, 2" rust air vent around the whole car.

But with several hundred pop rivets, some cheap aluminim 'valley tin' from a hardware store, and 2 quarts of bondo, the rust was gone.

I found a VW rabit engine abandoned behind a student dorm, traded it for another vega engine, speant $100 on parts, and sold the car for a grand !

So rust repair does not have to be expensive, especially if you don't mind touching it up once a year.

Nah. Had this car too long. Dont want to drive out of state to find another shell. Southern Canada cars all have rust. Plus its probably gonna get thrashed, no sense in ruining a clean shell.

Im in it for the long haul! Will probably fab it myself. Cheaper to buy a welder and metal. ;)

Gaijin, it was in southern Canada (wisconsin), how did you know ?

And it had a lot to do with being a broke-ass, going back to shool after 10 years, with a family thing.

Oh, and just being a little bit of a redneck ...........

But welding will be challenging, as that shit tends to warp all to hell.

Maybe if you drop a few bucks on one of those body pannel spot welders like Eastwood sells.

"No sense in ruining a clean shell"

Are you serious?! You're spending a fuck load of money on a shitty shell to restore it, then ruin it. That's even fucking dumber. Like seriously stupid. Cressida nation stupid.

Hey Kyle, hop off my dick.

I dont give a fuck about your arrogant opinions, get off the rag. My budget doesnt concern you.

Gordo sweet! Ill look into it.